A Tribute To All My Atheist Friends On The Forum

Last night I got the amazing opportunity (thanks to my thoroughly awesome wife) to see Arlo Guthrie, Steve Martin, and Emmylou Harris live at Red Rocks. It was the stuff that should make it into the history books.

One fun song by Steve Martin tickled me and I thought y'all would enjoy it

At the end all of em got up and sang and played together. One of the great moments in my life. As I watched them from my place snuggled in the great outcrops of rocks that carve out the amphitheater, I stared out at the plain beyond, the distant twinkle of Denver's lights, and the huge night sky above. I remembered why I had to move away from my home in GA. I thought of all the folks who told me what a terrible idea it was and how there's nothing out west that wasn't right there. I thought how they'll never get to see what I've been blessed to see or walk where I've walked. I felt incredibly sorry I couldn't show them that there are special places in this world. There are things, sacred and strange and wonderful, that are worth the journey. As I listened the the chorus of Deportees, I looked up and I saw 3 shooting stars and I thought yep, God's a fan. It changed me Grateful. (but it could have all just been a contact high, the air was unexpectedly herbal for a an audience so...ahem...otherwise mature and upstanding. But then I remembered this is Colorado and it is arlo guthrie)

Yep Bro, I live about 8 minutes from the park. My kids go hiking there all the time. But this is my first concert there. It's truly one of God's little jewels. Next month they'll be hosting Mumford & Sons, Dawes, and Slow Club. I don't what divinely inspired planets aligned that my three favorite bands would all join together and perform but I am oh so so grateful.

If your a fan, Crosby Stills & Nash will be there on August 21. Definitely worth a road trip. What an experience it would be.