No Longer Adopted

Well I've had an interesting last few days. My wife and I started talking about starting a family tree for the grandkids, so we signed up for the free trial at Ancestry.com. We both started working on our lines. I was able to trace my paternal grandfather back to the late 1400's. I found a lot of noteable people along the way, I found out when my ancestors came over on the boat. I now know who added the b in my last name. I traced them through England to a still existing "castle" (It was originally a Manor House that was later converted to a castle). Before the castle records became scarce quick.

After running out of hints on that line I decided to trace my paternal grandmother. Grandma was the religious backbone in our family. Very active in the early pentacostal movement. She helped raise money to build the headquarters of the Church of God in Cleveland Tennesee. I was able to find My gg grandfather was a leader in the early Protestant movement. This line came from England but also Wales and The Isle of Mannn. Then to a man in the first century called Beli "The Great". They say Beli met and married his wife Anna while he was living in Rome with his exiled father. Later, when Beli regained the throne, he invited a group of Christians to live in Britain where they could worship as they pleased; Joseph of Arimathea was one of that group.

Anna is also known as Anna "the Prophetess of Arimathea". Anna's exact connection with the Holy Family remains a mystery. She is said to be either the daughter of the Virgin Mary, a cousin of Mary, or niece of Mary. Another source claims she is a daughter of Joseph of Arimathea by his first wife Escha, his brother's widow.

http://missouri-mule.com/hebrews.html

Either way I have traced my liniage to New Testament Jews and, more importantly, to Jeshua himself because whether Anna was sister, 1st cousin or 2nd cousin to Jeshua, she was related. If, on the other hand, She was the daughter of Joseph of Arimethia she is still most likely related to Jesus as the Romans would have only released the body to a close family member. I believe Both were of the house of David. From there I can now trace roots to Abraham Issac and Jacob ... to Noah .... and even back to Adam!

It is no surprise that YHWH is my God. Why would I choose any other god? I am a decendent of Adam, the man that YHWH made!

Edited by Pastor Dave

Found a note on the relationship of Joseph of Arimethia to Jesus:

Provided tomb for the Body of Christ; was directed by St. Philip to take Christianity to Britain, landing near Wearyall Hill in Glastonbury, Somerset.

The genealogies connecting Christ's family to Joseph are shown variously as brother, cousin, or uncle of Jesus

Lol you may well be Brother Kaman .... You just can't follow the linage.

Thanks Bro Hex.

Brother Thorn ..... it's ok if you choose to rain on my parade ... I can handle it, but thanks for the congrats.

I forgot to mention that there was a Saint in the Britain linage too: St. Ceneu ap Coel Hen N Britain 382-470

Lol. That beats my experience with ancestry.com. I traced my family back to my ggg grandfather, Devil Jim, named such by the Indians he fought in the Seminole wars. He lost his arm and later his leg in the civil war. Prior to that all anyone knows is that he left SC with two wives just ahead of a hanging possy. We think he assumed his name since there's no records of family or birthplace. He was buried in an unmarked grave in the family plot.

Although I have heard many stories of a less than flattering nature about him, I can't help but admire the man. He may have been mean but it took mean men like that to settle and tame the swamps of Florida. Whatever else he was, he was a survivor. And because he survived, he left a legacy without which I would not be here. When I look at my own kids, I remember to thank Devil Jim. He helped make them possible. God bless you Devil Jim!

Interestingly enough my brother and I both did separate "Ancestry.com" traces on our family back in 2009/10 and got quite different results. I used my parents/gparents and ggparents full names and he did only initials....according to Ancestry.com....we come from completely different families! Of the three generations we know very well we got conflicting cities/towns of residency, completely fabricated occupations and while his search traced our family back to only 1750's mine said "no records" prior to 1690's.

Since we have a complete family line on my father's side back to 1250's in Norway and around 800's in Sweden on my Mom's side...from family held records....save your money on "Ancestry"....seems almost everyone I know of that used it is connected to some historical figure or another...which is what we all want to hear...yeah? The most famous ancestor I have was some clown named Ogläv...and yes, he really was a clown/jester in the court of King Olof Skötkonung around 1000CE....his wife worked as a scullery maid. Man I tell ya, having "famous" ancestors is something, eh? But at least I know where my sense of humor comes from.... a long line of whacked out Vikings!!

I join Hrodebert and really do not wish to pop your bubble either Pastor Dave, but our experience was far less than conclusive using that site. Do what you will the info you received, but I wouldn't take it into the courtroom! Methinks the "evidence" presented would flow like water down the drain.

You do know that rumor had it at one time that site is a subsidiary of a company owned and operated by the LDS, yes?...and don't forget they are providing the evidence needed for the "144,000" that will one day "make it to heaven"....seems a bit dubious in my book! According to Richard Pence of rootwebs they are really owned by a non-LDS holding company!

And...ahem....if the Scriptures are correct....aren't we all descendants from Adam and Eve?

Blessings of Peace,

That joseph of arimethea (sp?) went to britian is a medieval legend and has no basis in history. Beli the great was an ancestral diety. A great hero or god that nobility traced its origins too. Such as woden for the english or freyr for the swedes. The marriage to anna (a later attribute of beli) was added to medieval lineages to give royalty heritage in christianity and connections to the holy land. This was extremely common then with some even adding Noah alongside pagan gods in lineages.

Edited by Hrodebert

Av,

Yes Yes I get all that.

Grandmas family was well documented with a family geneology being published every so often. I remember seeing a copy when I was between 5 and 10 years old. It was huge. My guess now would be that it was 700 or more pages in the 60 's. I wasn't in the book but Grandma, my Father and I believe my my oldest brother or some of my older cousins were. I remember at my father's funeral my aunt saying that she had just got the new copy of the Richardson book. So when I started my research one of the first connections I made was with a cousin who's mother was the one who had the book. Whenever there was conflicting data returned I always went back to her tree for reconsiliation. Her work ended around 1200 so I'm pretty sure of everything to there. Since we can trace back to English Nobility as early as the 1600's everything from there is historical records.

Hrodebert,

Yes, Beli is as much legend as historical figure. After a certain point all English nobility points to him, I'l go ya one further ... Celtic tradition says Beli married (the or a) godess. Still, the legends exist also of it being the Prophetess so since that is the story I'd like to be true it's the one I'll tell my grandchildren. You say there is no historical basis for the legend of Joseph traveling to Britian yet I've seen reference to multiple historic documents that make the claim Joseph was there. As AV said , I wouldn't take it to court, but all legends have some basis in fact. Many of the legends surrounding Joseph have him trading in Britian before the Crusifixtion. Some even have Jesus travelling with him during his teen and early twenties (you know, those missing years from Jesus' life).

Yes guys, I took it all with a grain of salt. Still, it makes for one heck of a story to tell, especially if I'm ever asked about my heratige.

• 3 weeks later...

I would suggest a dna test. Ancestry.com offers one for around a hundred bucks for members but there is a waiting list. If you have jewish heritage there will be genetkc markers. While this won't confirm your story you would have a verifiable link to judaism and yaweh.

According to the Anglo-Saxon chronicle and subsequent records, Queen Elizabeth II is descended from the god Woden.

According to Elizabethan chroniclers, she must also be a descendant of the Goddess Venus (via Aeneas and his son Brute).

Not to be rude to her Maj, but, that ain't the way it looks.

• Amulet locked this topic