What`s Your Favourite?

Zequatanil

On the lighter side of things--What is your favourite / I know the list is endless; I hope you respond-- :derisive: kinda fun to know what people like. But name it-- :cowboy:

movie/ new/ classical/black-white

comedy, drama/other

tv show

science, nature, documentary/other

book-new/classical

poems/writings /other

plays/operas/other

Shakespeare/other

music-new, old, classical/other

artists etc

philosophers/gurus/etc

mythology/legends/gods/godess/other

---------and whatever you like that is important in your life!

If someone starts --I`ll go next--

cheers,,

S

Edited by sarkany

I can't pick a "single" favorite.

Here are some of what I like:

movies...especially classical/black-white mysteries, and documentaries, especially WW2

books, especially old mysteries and esoteric philosophy and religion and mythology/legends/gods/goddesses, etc.

"old iron" restoring (and driving) vintage American automobiles, especially from the '40s, '50s, and '60s

Your turn, Sark ! :)

Let's see...

New, none. Classic: Wizard of Oz - excellent special effects for the era it was made.

comedy, drama/other

Drama: Switched at Birth on ABCFamily. I love how seamlessly the integrate the Sign with the English and the Deaf characters with the hearing. I wish there were more shows like this.

tv show

Of all time: Emergency (still available on NBC.com), currently running: Mythbusters and Deadliest Catch (Discovery) Runners up are Hell's Kitchen, Restaurant Impossible, and Masterchef. I am rooting this year for Christine - she seems the best of the bunch and has proven time and again that blindness will not be an obstacle to her success.

Not a fan of the genre, but do enjoy Dual Survival. Dave and Cody mix the right balance of informative, entertaining and dangerous, while showing survival skills and introducing views of parts of the world that are breathtaking, although very dangerous.

book-new/classical

Of course, the Bible, but thanks to Amazon and the Kindle, I am enjoying a lot of books that I have never had the chance to read fully, or at all. Just finished Uncle Tom's Cabin - an excellent read, though obviously not a pleasant topic.

poems/writings /other

Poetry: my own! But I like Robert Frost and Sylvia Plath a lot, too.

plays/operas/other

Have not seen one in so long can not remember any titles off hand. Saw one opera done in Sign Language, that was an incredible thing. No music, no vocal singing, just the characters using a dramatic form of Sign to convey what their characters would be doing in song. Can't recall the title or the overall subject, since it was done back in the late 80s, right after the Americans With Disabilities Act was passed, but I would love to see more of that kind of thing.

Shakespeare/other

Not my thing. I prefer modern writers more.

I wish he was still doing it, but on YouTube, there was a guy by the handle Captain Valor who made several videos of songs in ASL. He renders them so cleanly and artistically, it is hard to find the line between hearing the song and seeing it.

artists etc

Too many to choose.

philosophers/gurus/etc

too many to list. I love anything that can make me think, from fortune cookies, to full volumes of text.

Haven't studied them in years, but many have truths that apply to today and one's own life. I am not really a fan of the word Mythology, because while I may not believe in that particular writing or teaching, there can still be much to learn or much relevant truth behind the imagery. I don't want to take a dismissive view of what was once very relevant to a large group of people. There is a reason that that teaching is still being discussed.

Okay... how about this list?

Food /Cuisine (overall)

Dessert

Candy

Beverage

Season of the Year

Pizza

Seafood (if you partake)

Meat (if you partake)

Vegetable (if you partake)

Fruit

Real Heroes (the ones that were/are alive)

Non-Real Heroes (fictional character types)

Cartoon Character

Variety of Chocolate

Hard Candy

Jello Flavor

Kool-Aid (or similar beverage) flavor

Ice Cream flavor

Great Hex--I love all of yours--

movie/ new/ classical/black-white-

Immortal Beloved-life of Beethoven, Ana Karenina, Nicholas and Alexandra, Dr. Zhivago, Age of Innocence--El Cid; Fountainhead,The Citadel, African Queen, Streetcar named Desire, Old Man and the sea, Zorba the Greek, Dr NO, Citizen Kane, War of the Worlds--ofcourse all It`s a wonderful life

comedy, drama/other

European vacation, Shirley Valentine,My fat Greek wedding, House sitter, First Wives club,The odd couple,

These should go with the movies above--oh, well-- -- Whose afraid of Virginia Wolfe, Cat an a hot tin roof, Giant, A man for all Seasons, Cromwell, Lion in Winter, Cleopatra, Pride and prejudice, Jane Eyre

tv show--old sit coms/all especially the British ones. Coronation Street, Revenge,--Battle Star Galactica, Star Trek-- LOL

National Geographic, all nature, history/all ancient--Maya, Greek, Egyptian

book-new/classical

All of Dickens, all of the Brontes--The Thorn Birds,The portrait of Dorian Gray, All of Ian Flemming, War and Peace, Old man and the sea.

poems/writings /other

How do I love thee--Barrett-Browning, Shakes. Sonnet 116, Ode to a field Mouse -Burns, Don Juan/Byron, Morte D`Arthur/Tennyson, Rhyme of the ancient Mariner/Coleridge, --most of Byron, Browning and Keats.

Plays/operas

Phantom of the opera, The Birdcage, Madame Butterfly, Aida, Tosca, Carmen, La Traviata, Csardas princess--all the ballets especially Swan Lake, Fire Bird and Coppelia

Shakespeare/other

The Tempest, Midsummer night`s dream, Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Taming of the Shrew.

Oh so many, God I am dated :derisive: --- Blue Rodeo, Moody Blues, ELO, Procul Harum, Leonard Cohen, Bob Seger, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Frank Sinatra--many new ones, but they are not as meaningful!

Songs-

Now--Halleluijah, Show me the place---

all ever : What now my love, My way ,Cycles, Unchained Melody, I, I who have nothing

Classical: Cavalleria Rusticanan/intermezzo, Cannon, Schubert.Standchen, all Mozart, Verdi, Beethoven,Rossini, Bizet. Liszt.

philosophers/gurus/etc

Lao Tse, Rumi, Kung, Plato, Avicenna, Confucius--and Wayne Dyer--LOL

mythology/legends/gods/goddess/other

Story of Pygmalion and Galatea, Eros and Psyche, the abduction of Persephone

My family, fur kids, music and love.

well as for all--this is an incomplete list--as we all are..... :derisive:

S

Br.Devon--you have a great list--I like your TV shows--I read Uncle Tom`s cabin in school--I still remember all the details--

I do love Plath-- a bit depressing at times , but great. Well--of course --the Bible.

Okay... how about this list?

Food /Cuisine (overall)----Hungarian--sadly I like all food, dosn`t matter what :crazyeyes: as long as it dosn`t move on my plate :clown:

Dessert---cheesecake :cupidarrow:

Candy--Werther`s originals

Beverage--wine, wine, wine :derisive: well and I make my own vegetable juce with beets, parsley, spinach, celery,carrots ,dandelion and apples :dirol: once a week-- a huge pot.

Season of the Year--spring--love to smell fresh cut grass :cloud9: , --I love winter and snow when it crackles under one`s feet :cupidarrow:

Pizza--with lots of Feta and cheese--

Seafood (if you partake)--shrimp/lobster with mayonnaise

Meat (if you partake)--chicken/ I eat very little meat once a week --I eat lots of tofu, I am mostly vegetarian

Vegetable (if you partake)--all--love zucchini--and broccoli :download:

Fruit--all--love papaya and pineapple--with rum of course :derisive:

Real Heroes (the ones that were/are alive)--none alive--all dead except Dalali Lama -- :derisive: but maybe Ghandi, Mother Teresa, Xexes--Jesus of course.

Non-Real Heroes (fictional character types)--Captain Pickard-- :derisive: Robin Hood, Lancelot, Achilles, Hercules.

Cartoon Character--Tweety and Sylvester, Fred Flintstone

Variety of Chocolate--dark chocolate, and white chocolate--I like to be multi cultural :derisive: being in Canada

Hard Candy--mints--I am not too keen on candy

Jello Flavor--lemon-I don`t really like jello :holloween:

Kool-Aid (or similar beverage) flavor--orange--though I don`t drink it--if I would :derisive:

Ice Cream flavor --chocolate mint :cupidarrow:

cheers,

S

Movie:

I have a number of favorites. Akira Kurosawa's "Seven Samurai", Ridley Scott's "Alien", Francis Ford Coppola's "The Godfather", Milos Forman's "Amadeus", just to name a few.

TV Show:

I like British sitcoms, Matlock, I Love Lucy, Star Trek, C.S.I, and various anime.

Science/Nature/Documentary:

I absolutely adore nature and wildlife documentaries. I also like anything related to Classical Greece.

Books:

Books are my addiction. I'm particularly fond of 19th century Victorian literature, and writers such as Dickens, the Bronte sisters, and Elizabeth Gaskell. I also enjoy Agatha Christie mysteries, L. Frank Baum and Ruth Plumly Thompson's "Oz" book series, and academic texts relating to the study of religion in Classical Greece.

Poems:

I'm very fond of Greek epic poetry.

Plays/Operas:

I like Mozart's "Don Giovanni" and "Die Zauberflote". As far as plays go, I greatly enjoy Shakespearean productions, and the plays of Aristophanes and Euripides.

Shakespeare:

My favorite Shakespearean work is "Twelfth Night". I'm also very fond of "Much Ado About Nothing" and "Macbeth".

Music:

My taste in music varies depending on mood. I really like British glamrock.

Mythology/Gods/Goddesses:

I can't pick a favorite deity. I will say that the majority of my worship goes to Hestia, whose offerings and libations are always first and last. My favorite myths are of the eternal sleep of Endymion, and Dionysos' involvement in the creation of homosexual desire in the first mortals.

Food /Cuisine (overall):

I have a wide range of favorite foods. I especially enjoy Japanese and Indian cuisine.

Dessert:

Ice cream, particularly home-made.

Candy:

I love Gummi Bears.

Beverage:

I'll never turn down a cup of tea.

Season of the Year:

Autumn.

Pizza:

I don't really care for pizza that much.

Seafood (if you partake):

Eel and salmon. I also like octopus, crabs, lobster, clams, and abalone.

Meat (if you partake):

Beef, sacrificed preferably.

Vegetable (if you partake):

Mushrooms, broccoli, and spinach.

Fruit:

Apples, bananas, blood oranges, cherimoya, and lychees.

Real Heroes (the ones that were/are alive):

Harmodius and Aristogeiton, Martin Luther King Jr., His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, and many others.

Non-Real Heroes (fictional character types):

Herakles.

Cartoon Character:

Son Goku.

Variety of Chocolate:

The darker, the better.

Hard Candy:

Butterscotch.

Jello Flavor:

I've never liked Jello.

Kool-Aid (or similar beverage) flavor:

I've never liked Kool-Aid.

Ice Cream flavor:

Pumpkin.

Edited by LeopardBoy

Movie:

I have a number of favorites. Akira Kurosawa's "Seven Samurai", Ridley Scott's "Alien", Francis Ford Coppola's "The Godfather", Milos Forman's "Amadeus", just to name a few.

TV Show:

I like British sitcoms, Matlock, I Love Lucy, Star Trek, C.S.I, and various anime.

Science/Nature/Documentary:

I absolutely adore nature and wildlife documentaries. I also like anything related to Classical Greece.

Books:

Books are my addiction. I'm particularly fond of 19th century Victorian literature, and writers such as Dickens, the Bronte sisters, and Elizabeth Gaskell. I also enjoy Agatha Christie mysteries, L. Frank Baum and Ruth Plumly Thompson's "Oz" book series, and academic texts relating to the study of religion in Classical Greece.

Poems:

I'm very fond of Greek epic poetry.

Plays/Operas:

I like Mozart's "Don Giovanni" and "Die Zauberflote". As far as plays go, I greatly enjoy Shakespearean productions, and the plays of Aristophanes and Euripides.

Shakespeare:

My favorite Shakespearean work is "Twelfth Night". I'm also very fond of "Much Ado About Nothing" and "Macbeth".

Music:

My taste in music varies depending on mood. I really like British glamrock.

Mythology/Gods/Goddesses:

I can't pick a favorite deity. I will say that the majority of my worship goes to Hestia, whose offerings and libations are always first and last. My favorite myths are of the eternal sleep of Endymion, and Dionysos' involvement in the creation of homosexual desire in the first mortals.

Oh my goodness--you must be :cupidarrow: my twin soul LB-- :derisive: --I love your all your choices!!!-- ALL!!--even the Greeks.

I love Homer`s Iliad and Odyssey --I read it over and over when I was younger.I was mesmerized by Greek and Egyptian mythology--I am sure I lived those times.

Thanks for sharing,

S

Edited by sarkany

On the lighter side of things--What is your favourite / I know the list is endless; I hope you respond-- :derisive: kinda fun to know what people like. But name it-- :cowboy:

Lord of the Rings, Color Purple, Forest Gump, Psycho, Big Jake

comedy, drama/other

tv show

Jeopardy, Simpsons,

Though the Worm Hole with Morgan Freeman, Ken Burns Civil War

book-new/classical

Elegant Universe, Tao of Physics, Awakening the Buddha Within, Centennial, Shogun, The Carpetbaggers, Mandingo

poems/writings /other

Poe, Dickens

plays/operas/other

I enjoy plays I do not enjoy opera

Shakespeare/other

A Midsummer Night's Dream, Julius Ceasar

New-no, Old-yes, Classical-some

artists etc

Sharon Walden Hillyard

philosophers/gurus/etc

My guru is the guy who fixes my computer for a bottle of good bourbon whiskey plus parts no matter what is wrong with it. Some of the best philosophers are those who have shared a bottle of that fine bourbon with me.

I like the legend of the Tamarack and the story of why dogs sniff each other's butts.

My wife is important in my life.

If someone starts --I`ll go next--

cheers,,

S