Topics From The Grave

Zequatanil

The real question is, did you think raising these topics from the dead actually added anything to the topic or the forum?

Yes, --for me , absolutely-- Some threads no because they were more in fun, but even that is needed to lighten up life.--I seem to feel that perhaps you think that it was wrong of me. I am new here, as are many and I find those old discussion new and refreshing which perhaps may not be for ones who have been here for a while. It actually added much to my ways of thinking--and if one mind is changed about things then it was all worth it.

However some questions should not be put away, are eternal and should be re-visited, because out of sight , out of mind. I don`t belong at all to many forums, I join to see different points of views, maybe what I have not seen. But simply just to be in a place, present to talk and then not to think about it I find a futile exercise. True--most questions were more in fun that I raised last night, but there were some rather serious ones that made me think--and even the fun ones had some serious undertones--because it shows how we think and feel--and reminds me of certain areas in my life that should be addressed.

Also--as time goes by we have different perspectives--had you asked me a certain question a few years ago, maybe even a month ago -- I may answer it differently than today. So--infact valid questions should re-appear at times and discussed, it is the same in science--some theories stand many fall away--had we sat on them and buried them , there would be no progress.

Actually--I did think much about it afterwards--and I was going to post a question about it today--because going through the threads, and answers I see many thought, ideas of some have changed for the same people. And I wonder what makes us do that--. We all do it, but it is interesting psychologically why we do it.

Is it age, circumstance, life that makes us inconsistent, fickle, bitter-- that some of us become worse,--yes, some become better, but often--I see it in my life we become worse. Like when we get married--all idealistic in love, filled with passion and great plans for the future--and for most of us it becomes ashes after a few years--not all of course--I am talking about my own experiences strictly.

Yes--it was a good thing for me to read those posts--because it made me think of some very important issues--as I hope it has for some others. It certainly wasn`t for the exercise to hear myself talk or be enchanted by my own voice--I don`t think I suffer from the Narcissus complex.

Thank you for your question--which is rather an important one.

blessings,,

S

• Amulet locked this topic