72 Names Of G-D

Zequatanil

Do you know your personal angel? :derisive: Get reacquainted . Tell us who it is :cupidarrow:

This one is mine-

. Deus Laudabilis (The laudable or praiseworthy God);

לָלָהֵ ( Lamed Lamed Hey ) LaLAHe

זַמְּרוּ--לַיהוָה, יֹשֵׁב צִיּוֹן; הַגִּידוּ בָעַמִּים, עֲלִילוֹתָיו- תהילים פרק ט: יב

The Book of Psalms Chapter 9:12

Latin Vulgate 9:12 cantate Domino habitatori Sion adnuntiate in populis commutationes eius

King James Version 9:12 Sing praises to the LORD, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings.

לָלָהֵאֵל LaLaHe EL Lelahel –

http://www.ucm.ca/en...rth-angels.html

You simple have to get to know them personally--the 72 names and how to pronounce them.

http://guideangel.com/1.html

Blessings of YHWH

S

Edited by sarkany

Yes--I am sure they are in Hebrew . I find then so beautiful and especially the meanings and what it manifest.

Maybe RabbiO is into Kabbalah --perhaps he has some insight for us. Also how general Judaism speaks about them Also if the good Rabbi would tell us what type of Judaism he practices--I personally know a few different branches of denominations.There are a number of breakaway branches --like during the Christian reformation as well as ultra orthodox--I do believe even synagogues are all independent and autonomous.

I know people in the Rabbi Yosef Yitzchok Schneersohn movement, he assumed the leadership of what is the Lubavitch movement--I also know some orthodoxs and Hasidics in my circle.

I do believe that Synagogue congregations have slight differences and are entirely separate from each other. Maybe RabbiO could please tell us.

blessings and peace,

S

Edited by sarkany

Maybe RabbiO is into Kabbalah --perhaps he has some insight for us. Also how general Judaism speaks about them Also if the good Rabbi would tell us what type of Judaism he practices--

------oops sorry RabbiO :doh: ---which denomination you belong to.

blessings and peace,,S

I just call them the Theoi, or poetically the "Deathless Ones"; and each has a number of epithets relating to their individual governance, with a few epithets being shared between them.

I also think there's an issue regarding the Latin and Greek translations of the Bible, and the assumptions that such "titles" belong solely to the God of the Israelites, when in their original languages and culture, those "titles" could also refer to other deities. I'm sure "Deus Laudabilis" was a phrase used many times by Romans in reference to one of their own deities. Likewise, "Lucifer" is a common Latin epithet referring to a number of Roman deities.

I've recently gotten into a debate elsewhere regarding the term "angel", and that while the basis of the word is Greek, "angelos" as was used by the Greeks does not refer to the same type of spiritual creature as those found in the Bible, but is simply a job description as "messenger".

I've recently gotten into a debate elsewhere regarding the term "angel", and that while the basis of the word is Greek, "angelos" as was used by the Greeks does not refer to the same type of spiritual creature as those found in the Bible, but is simply a job description as "messenger".

The term messenger has always been the translation--I think for some reason it got twisted into something different. But the 72 names I was referring to are not really angels--but names of God. Often it does get confused--even the way I posted it. Thanks for the explanation --

namaste and blessings,

S