Questions About Ulc -Modesto Vs. Seattle?

As you all know I am really very new here, and even more new regarding the `ins and outs` of ULC. I am trying to learn as much as I can, and I would appreciate some enlightenment regarding a few areas.

I am sure that many of you have been here many years and your knowledge of the ULC is invaluable.

1. The Seattle ULC( The monastery.org) totally separate from the Modesto one--under their FAQ they there state there was a split, but not too much under that article--there is something--`Uncovering the truth in Modesto`--though it dosn`t say much, however they seem to state that they are the real McCoy--well in a round about way. And also one perceives that something nefarious was going on, or went on. Their membership is huge, so is their discussion forum. I didn`t want to write to them--as they would simply confuse me.

2. When you are ordained through the Modesto Church--are you recognized by them? Does this group recognize them? --Yes, it seems to be us and them :crazyeyes: Sad----

3. Can you be ordained in more places than one--not that I want to--one is enough for me, but just as an inquiry.

4. Is there an actual difference in some form or way from each other?--If yes--what is it? I know that the Modesto one was the first ULC--.

5. Why did they split?--is the 22 million people the total of the two--or just them? Or even some other faction? Are we connected or are we islands unto ourselves? It would be nice if we were connected in some way--22 million is a huge force to let loose in the world-- :cupidarrow:

Well for the time being this is enough as it does address a few important issues--I am sure many of you know the answers--waiting in anticipation--Thank you all.

Blessings and peace,

S

Edited by sarkany

If you are referring to the ULC Monestary's Minister's button on their home page, it is more like facebook for fools. They don't have discussions there. All they do is have a bunch of "good morning" and "be my friend" stuff. Try disagreeing with someone's post and see how fast the "ministers" become vulgar and attack. What would pass for their real forum is pretty much dead regardless of membership and only gets a new posting on rare occasions.

If you are referring to the ULC Monestary's Minister's button on their home page, it is more like facebook for fools. They don't have discussions there. All they do is have a bunch of "good morning" and "be my friend" stuff. Try disagreeing with someone's post and see how fast the "ministers" become vulgar and attack. What would pass for their real forum is pretty much dead regardless of membership and only gets a new posting on rare occasions.

I certainly agree with you on that. People over there are even afraid to speak up when someone is getting railroaded out the door. Tolerance is not one of their better points that is for certain.

Ok...here is the really short version

First, there was ULC Modesto (founded by Kirby Hensley), which spawned the ULC Monastery (founded by Daniel Zimmerman) as an official affiliate of the Mother Church based out of Tucson Arizona. This affiliation was due to Daniel Zimmerman having previously worked with Kirby Hensley in Modesto.

In 2006, there was a bit of a power struggle between Daniel Zimmerman and members of the Monastery’s Board of Directors with George Freeman leading the group attempting to oust Daniel Zimmerman. At this time, ULC Modesto removed affiliation with the group and George Freeman moved the Monastery from Tucson Arizona to Seattle Washington. At this time, the Monastery became a separate church from the original ULC in Modesto but claiming to be more in keeping with Kirby Hensley’s vision.

If you look at Ed’s post, it has links about the fall out and both Daniel and George that does not paint them in the most glowing light. The Monastery counters that with a website dedicated to “bashing” the ULC in Modesto.

ULC.net as well as the ULC Seminary are both affiliated with the ULC HQ in Modesto.

I think the question whether a particular church is official or not is rather strange.

Every person is free to start a church based on whatever they feel they want, it is called freedom of religion.

One church is not more official than another in my opinion.

Edited by Hyper Real

Im my shortness, I forget to address the "official" part. They are not "officially" part of the ULC in Modesto that was founded by Kirby Hensley. I am sure there are many in the RCC that don't feel the ICC's are official, or even the "non-catholic" christian faiths and visa versa.

Are they a legal church? I haven't seen anything to the contray.

I followed Ed's link to Murph's post, and then tried to follow the links he provided, but most of them directed me to pages stating that "Internet explorer cannot display this page". I did find the article (and comments) about Freeman's church being a front for a Seattle gay club very informative.

• Amulet locked this topic