Hebrews 11:1-10

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Hebrews 11:1-10

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Mark 9:24

24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Faith is a gift, if you are lacking faith, all you need to do is ask, and believe.

Faith is a gift, if you are lacking faith, all you need to do is ask, and believe.

Like Bernie Madoff's annual 10% return?

I wonder if the real satisfaction of faith is the moment when someone else if buggered into it, as the payback in some pyramid scheme.

Edited by Hyper Real

contentment is usually equated with happiness. I think sb seems a pretty content and happy man

one who lacks faith (in the god of the bible in this case) does not necessarily lack anything at all .. at least that's how we see it

Happiness is dependant on circumstances an people around us.

Contentment is a state of being satisfied regardless of the circumstances and people around us.

Faith in hope is what many look for.

Nietzsche wrote is nicely:

Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man

In man's torment he longs for a liberator who is not from this world and thereby he commits himself to a world not real.

Nietzsche sounds like a sad, unhappy man. besides he is wrong about hope.

Edited by steven8166

Happiness is dependant on circumstances an people around us.

Contentment is a state of being satisfied regardless of the circumstances and people around us.

that's one way of looking at it, my interpretation is another. happiness (for you) is dependant on circumstances and the people around you. contentment (for you) is a state of being satisfied regardless of the circumstances and people around you. being happy and content (for me) is more one in the same; see, I wouldn't be content regardless of my circumstances and the people around me, nor is my happiness necessarily dependent on circumstances and others - my happiness and contentment is from within, not from without

maybe, maybe not - have you ever read nietzsche?

Edited by grateful

contentment is usually equated with happiness. I think sb seems a pretty content and happy man

one who lacks faith (in the god of the bible in this case) does not necessarily lack anything at all .. at least that's how we see it

Thank you Grateful;

I am content that I've been able to accomplish what I have. I am not content because there is so much more to do and yes, I overcome obstacles every day and that makes me happy because I am getting done what needs to be done. I am thankful that there are others who share my common goals and to an extent I do depend on them to do what they should so we can all make life better for self and others. That said, I do have great confidence in self that I can make good things happen. That too gets validated daily.

I completely agree.... And its not a thing easily learned.

Also agree.... Hope is everything, one of the best parts of the human experience.

Funny, I have searched the Internet twice for mongi, and know what, I could not find it anywhere, hmmmm

Without being filled by the graceful Spirit of Mongi one cannot find him or understand his writings in all of nature which permeates the Universe. His followers are called through grace by faith.

I asked for faith in Mongi and it happened instantly. All Hail Mongi giver of faith and eternal life

Romans 10:17

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Scripture is not speaking of any faith, or any belief system. The scripture is talking about the Christian faith, a faith in the Bible, Faith in God the Father, Faith in Christ Jesus, God the Son, and the God, the Holy Spirit. It is a faith and hope that transcends time, overcomes space, and gives hope to a weary soul.

• 2 weeks later...

He that is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom ~ The Book of Satan 2:7

Are you a follower of Satan? I can only guess that his motto would be "Do that which is wrong." I'm afraid you will one day discover that placing faith in the Deceiver will surely prove false.

Are you a follower of Satan? I can only guess that his motto would be "Do that which is wrong." I'm afraid you will one day discover that placing faith in the Deceiver will surely prove false.

I do not personally adhere to abrahamic concepts.