Anyone Else Ride (Motorcycles That Is)

Dorian Gray

I grew up near the Harley factory and one of my friends' dad described riding a motorcycle is a lot like riding a bicycle...except it is really like riding a bicycle while playing "in the hall of the mountain king" on the piano while careening through the a death row psych ward with all the inmates lose and trying to kill you...

Cant say he was wrong..

I bought a little 125 cc. Genuine Buddy Scooter three years ago as a retirement gift to myself. I love it. It can buzz around in city traffic and has enough zip to get you out of jam if necessary. I have a folding front rack and a bubble trunk in the rear. I do all my daily shopping with it in Spring, Summer and early Fall. One thing I will say, I have had a number of close calls from cars, who's drivers just don't bother to look at anything smaller that a Cadillac. One thing I will never do again is go thru downtown in the middle lane of a three lane one way street. No one see you and they all want to change lanes on top of you and there is no where to go.

By the way, the State of Washington considers scooter of more than 50cc. to be a motorcycle, even though they seem like little toys.

Edited by Brother Kaman

2010 Harley FXSTC. This was our 25th anniversary gift to ourselves. Our longest road trip to date was up to Vancouver, across Canada and down through Nova Scotia to Florida and back home in Phoenix. After forty-five days, on even a fully custom and fitted bike and road worthy a soft tail can be, our recliners were a very welcome respite at the end of that trip.

Of over eleven thousand miles of travel we did not experience a single hazardous event. I will admit though, the nearly five hours of highway travel through New York City did have it's moments though.

We will be taking it with us on our new endeavors for the magazine later this year.