A Simple Two Vial Blood Sample, What Is It For?

steven8166

"under what circumstances would you walk into a medical facility and give a two vial sample of your blood. is there any reson that you would do it?"

I have asked this question of a couple of people individually, now I want to ask all of you. What is the intent of these blood samples, the intent is simply research. There is sooooo much that we do not understand about the human genome. using all the blood samples the medical research facility would map individual genes and their triggers.

Why?

I have one daughter whose gene plate is full. Her gene plate has Diabetes, Cancer, Heart Disease,just to mention a few. Had the opportunity been present I would have used all the gene information gathered about my family to give here a clean genetic slate.

The information we gather is not for us, it is for our children, grand children, our great grand children, and for generations to come.

Noble cause, if you're trusting enough to do it. I wouldn't be afraid to give out my blood sample. I'd be more wary of letting anything that came of it come back to me.

I'm very distrusting of that entire industry.

As I understand it, and I may be wrong, there are two parts to any disease, the disease gene, and the trigger gene. What I am suggesting is the research to find all the trigger genes and learn how to turn them off, or replace them.

It is quite obvious to me that you are offering a virtuous rationale for collecting such samples Mr. Steven. Where we differ in our perspectives is as others have said concerning the 'distrust of that entire industry' and just what may come of those samples.

While it may be virtuous to desire a 'clean genetic slate' of disease for generations to come I can think of no more terrifying future than one of genetic engineering. This is not because of the potentials in good it might do for the human race rather due to the ulterior motives of those who would assume to know better for me and mine. Hitler comes immediately to mind as one who listed great potentials for genetic engineering.

I would far rather love and aid a family member suffering any number of diseases or physical abnormality for who they are than pretend to do so of one where 'perfection' was artificially created. As with anything of artificial construct it is not known for many generations the long term effects on such ethereal and mysterious things as our soul, personality traits and character. Physical beauty and biological health have little, if anything, to do with personality and emotional stability.

Engineering the perfect biological form, could as a side effect, create a personality disorder that renders their physical appearance and health status inconsequential. Ego and vanity and near insanity were among the emotional traits of such infamous people as Jeffrey Dahmer, Ed Gein and John Wayne Gacy to name a few.

Peace be with you,

"HH"

It is quite obvious to me that you are offering a virtuous rationale for collecting such samples Mr. Steven. Where we differ in our perspectives is as others have said concerning the 'distrust of that entire industry' and just what may come of those samples.

While it may be virtuous to desire a 'clean genetic slate' of disease for generations to come I can think of no more terrifying future than one of genetic engineering. This is not because of the potentials in good it might do for the human race rather due to the ulterior motives of those who would assume to know better for me and mine. Hitler comes immediately to mind as one who listed great potentials for genetic engineering.

I would far rather love and aid a family member suffering any number of diseases or physical abnormality for who they are than pretend to do so of one where 'perfection' was artificially created. As with anything of artificial construct it is not known for many generations the long term effects on such ethereal and mysterious things as our soul, personality traits and character. Physical beauty and biological health have little, if anything, to do with personality and emotional stability.

Engineering the perfect biological form, could as a side effect, create a personality disorder that renders their physical appearance and health status inconsequential. Ego and vanity and near insanity were among the emotional traits of such infamous people as Jeffrey Dahmer, Ed Gein and John Wayne Gacy to name a few.

Peace be with you,

"HH"

See, that is where we differ, I do not fear Genetic Engineering, because I know God is in control.

See, that is where we differ, I do not fear Genetic Engineering, because I know God is in control.

From my understanding of this world God only controls the minds of those who believe in him. My biological paternal units may be God fearing Christians but I assure you that from their perspective God is not in control, Satan is. Lutheran sin and guilt is deep and suffering.

The long and short of this entire idea is that it is man that looks into the microscope and creates the data gleaned from doing so. It is biologists that compare that data to known facts and formulate theories as to what to do with that data. It then gets turned over to more humans that make decisions and run tests and experiment with cells that become new life in the end.

Even in the processes where God controlled the minds of my biological paternal units I am heterosexual while my brother is homosexual. He demonstrated these traits since our earliest memories of him as an infant, therefor there is no question he was 'born that way'. Did God control that? He must have, yet I see many arguments against that thesis here in many topics. Had my father been able to engineer that out of him he surely would have. As far as my mother, me and my family are concerned are all are what we are without a second thought or concern.

In the end it is mankind that does the data collection, engineering and manipulation. Therefore, a sound word of advice; be fearful, very fearful.