Church Leadership

steven8166

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

even more accurately.. Any given God is improbable. Assuming probability theory is sound..

You are free to assume anything you like... another's delusion and denial has absolutely no effect on my reality. As for "Probability Theory"... even if it's 50% right, then it's at least 50% wrong.

Then you must have proof that you can share with the rest of us?!?!?!

Would you accept the proof if it was placed in front of you? Belief in God requires Faith alone. You either have it or you don't.

Edited by Songster

Would you accept the proof if it was placed in front of you? Belief in God requires Faith alone. You either have it or you don't.

Songster people have Faith in many Gods, some more plausible than others, so having Faith in a God doesn't prove anything. Is your faith more valid then the Hindus or Wiccans?

Yes Songster if proof was placed in front of me and I deemed it plausible I would accept it. That is what made me realize the Bible wasn't the word of any sophisticated deity and altered my view of Christianity.

Edited by Fawzo

Witness testimony is the primary means of proof used in a court of law. The bible, the lives of the saints and martyrs, tythe aggregate testimony of billions of Christians over 2000 years is powerful, powerful proof, and of course my own testimony helps.

Edited by Rev'd Rattlesnake

Witness testimony is the primary means of proof used in a court of law. The bible, the lives of the saints and martyrs, tythe aggregate testimony of billions of Christians over 2000 years is powerful, powerful proof, and of course my own testimony helps.

So far all you have provided is proof why people shouldn't believe. A corrupted text full of errors, all the blood shed Christianity has shed over the centuries, and is the testimony of billions of Christians more powerful then the testimony of tens of billions of Hindus.

Edited by Fawzo

Fawzo, It appears that, once again, I have been unsuccessful in my attempt to effectively communicate my certainty in my Faith without giving offense. (I apologize.) There is no proof of God's existence that can be realized or recognized without prior Faith. One should not depend on the learning of mere mortals when seeking knowledge of God.

Edited by Songster

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible."

Once again Rev'd Rattlesnake this claim can hold true for all faiths. The same words can be spoken by Pagan, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim and Taoist.

Your words and claims are no more valid then theirs. So I must use reason, knowledge and experience to differentiate between the 4,200 religions of the world.

Once again Rev'd Rattlesnake this claim can hold true for all faiths. The same words can be spoken by Pagan, Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim and Taoist.

Your words and claims are no more valid then theirs. So I must use reason, knowledge and experience to differentiate between the 4,200 religions of the world.

Never said it did...I just point out the futility of trying give proof to one who will not see.

Fawzo, It appears that, once again, I have been unsuccessful in my attempt to effectively communicate my certainty in my Faith without giving offense. (I apologize.) There is no proof of God's existence that can be realized or recognized without prior Faith. One should not depend on the learning of mere mortals when seeking knowledge of God.

Songster you have not offended me. I merely show that "faith" is not a influential explanation or evidence of anything. People all over the world have "faith" in their belief system. before seeing it

Now you are saying that no proof or evidence of God's existence can be had without prior faith in this God. Sorry but that sounds a little crazy. It is the same as saying that one cannot see the yellow spotted turquoise dragon in my basement unless one has faith it exists. Not to be rude but people find what what they look for quite often. Thats why so many guys find the perfect women when first dating :)

Never said it did...I just point out the futility of trying give proof to one who will not see.

What exactly am I'm missing that I will not see?

Hyper, it is a capital "G" when speaking of the one true God, and diminuative"g" when speaking of all others.

Hyper, if you want proof of God, just look in the mirror, you may have forsaken Him, but He has not forsaken you. <grin>

Any god, diminuative "g"; The ONE TRUE God, Capital "G".

Big "G" or little "g", it makes no difference to the mathematical science of Probability & Statistics.

Either god(s) or G_d is "improbable".

Both god(s) and G_d are "possible".

Any god, diminuative "g"; The ONE TRUE God, Capital "G".

This strikes me as "highly disrespectful" of "all the other Gods". :jest:

If your "One True God" is entitled to a "Capital G" as a sign of respect,

I don't see why the God (or Gods) that other people worship or acknowledge,

should not be deserving of the same deferential treatment.

Otherwise, what you really seem to be saying is "MY God is 'real' and your 'god' is not".

That certainly doesn't sound like you are respecting the faith of others.

(Admittedly, this poses a conundrum for any and all who wish to be

respectful of everyone's beliefs.... but it is "Food For Thought")