Church Leadership

steven8166

I tell you the truth.

In every church that I have seen, the "Pastor" has invariably, and mistakenly, been the "Leader" or "Head" of the church.

This is an incorrect leadership model. The churches "Leadership" team (Elders) consists of an Apostle, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers

The Holy Spirit is the head of the church that speaks through the "Elders", who speaks to the "Pastors", who as a servant, ministers to the body of Christ, the congregation.

Going the other way, the congregation speaks to the servant Pastors, who in turn speaks to the "Elders", who seeks guidance from the Holy Spirit.

It is the "Elders", with the Holy Spirits urgings, who make the church decisions, and the Pastor who caries them out.

The church meets nightly in homes about the city for the purposes of breaking bread and ministry to the body, this is where the Pastors and Teachers shine.

Breaking of bread can be construed in two different views. It can mean the preparation and consumption of a meal, or it can be construed as sharing communion.

The body meets whole, as one body, once a week, which has traditionally been on Sunday, for the purposes of unrestrained Praise and Worship.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tsk Tsk Tsk trying to structure Divinity and Sacredness into a tight little neatly defined black box. Now you can crawl into that neatly well structured box if you like but as soon as you step inside and the lid is closed I think all you're going to find is darkness :)

I find no darkness in the light of God. I do however find caos and darkness in the works of man.

Steven8166 may I remind you that before God said let there be light and he judged it as good there was only darkness and God was that darkness :)

Steven8166 may I remind you that before God said let there be light and he judged it as good there was only darkness and God was that darkness :)

Very interesting perspective Fawzo...I had not consciously considered that angle before reading your rather..ah... :unsure: ...er...ah...how would I say?....ahem...controversial statement! :doh:

Blessings of Peace,

Before there was light there was God, before the light there was no light or darkness, there was only God.

• Administrator

Before there was light there was God, before the light there was no light or darkness, there was only God.

On Earth. What about elsewhere. If God is everywhere then what about other worlds, other suns. Did God create all the suns all at the same time? And gee...only humans wrote about it...

I am affraid you have made a statement that was in error. God did not start judging anything as good until He started to speak things into existance.

On Earth. What about elsewhere. If God is everywhere then what about other worlds, other suns. Did God create all the suns all at the same time? And gee...only humans wrote about it...

Before He started speaking things into existance there was NOTHING else but God

I am affraid you have made a statement that was in error. God did not start judging anything as good until He started to speak things into existance.

And yes He created ALL the suns at once as he spoke them into existance.

Since when has sarcasm been a legitimate form of discussion? Should we all start using sarcasm in our responses?

So you think that all science indicating the contrary is false?

I think that science can not grasp the greatness of God's creative power.

Steven there was no error. I stated "Steven8166 may I remind you that before God said let there be light and he judged it as good there was only darkness and God was that darkness"

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. 3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.

Gen 1:1-4 (NKJV)

Steven new suns are being born every day......if I remember correctly the number I think I just recently heard was 40 new stars/suns are born every day

Perhaps it is the Devil playing tricks with a large flashlight on all those lost atheists :bleh:

He would be the ultimate trickster with the evidence DNA, Fossil record, laws of Physics and Geology provide us. Satan would have to surrender his title as the great deceiver to Yaweh.

Of course he does have a reputation for doing so,,,,And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

2 Thess 2:11 (KJV)

Steven there was no error. I stated "Steven8166 may I remind you that before God said let there be light and he judged it as good there was only darkness and God was that darkness"

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. 3 Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness.

Gen 1:1-4 (NKJV)

Steven new suns are being born every day......if I remember correctly the number I think I just recently heard was 40 new stars/suns are born every day

How do you know that they are being born daily? at their distance wouldn't what "we" see be over a million years old? Personally I think that they wre created just as they are just over 8000 years ago.

He would be the ultimate trickster with the evidence DNA, Fossil record, laws of Physics and Geology provide us. Satan would have to surrender his title as the great deceiver to Yaweh.

Of course he does have a reputation for doing so,,,,And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

Who said God is limited to the law of physics, how absurd.

Of course he does have a reputation for doing so,,,,And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:2 Thess 2:11

and who is 2 Thess 2:11 talking about, is it not the wicked and perhaps the anti-christ?