Mother Mary , Mother of Sorrows

I pray soon for brighter tommorows

Mother of Mercy , Mother of Love

Shower me with blessings from above

Mother of Joy Mother of Grace

Show me the mercies of Thy Face

Blessed Mother Mary , Mother of Love

Shower me with Blessings from above

Can she be the Mother of Sorrow and Joy simultaneously?

Why not? Are not all mothers who lose their children sorrowful?

Why you gotta go question a person's prayer? :hi:

Mother Mary came to me, speaking words of wisdom, let it be....

No I have no kids of my own...when I read the way that prayer is worded "Mother of sorrows" I get the concept that she is responsible for spawning and nurturing Sorrows into creation. Confusing to me to seek out the Mother of Sorrow and desire the opposite result.

The requests in the Mother of Mercy, Joy, Love and Grace make sense to me as the person is asking for those things to be proliferated into their life. To call her the Mother of Sorrows in the same manner and then implore that sorrow not be proliferated is very confusing to me.

How could she be the Mother of Sorrow...does she propagate it and nurture it?!?!!?

My desire is also that Newt finds the Mercy, Joy Love and Grace that is being sought, but I personally feel Newt is seeking amiss looking for it externally to descend from above when all these gems lie hidden within our own hearts and minds and only become more observable when they begin to shine in all their beauty as we walk in closer proximity to the Divine.

I must apologize as I didn't even realize this was the prayer and good wishes section when first responding.

first sorry its took me so long to reply as im using computer at library and can always get on it , also to answer Fawzo questions , mary can be both the mother of Soorows and Joy , as in her sorrows as in losings her son and watching happen under her eyes , and mother of joy because with the sorrows also came joy because throu his death there was life to humanity , so she is both mother of sorrows and mother of joy , is that answers your question or makes any sense as im not that best at explaining this.

Newt

first sorry its took me so long to reply as im using computer at library and can always get on it , also to answer Fawzo questions , mary can be both the mother of Soorows and Joy , as in her sorrows as in losings her son and watching happen under her eyes , and mother of joy because with the sorrows also came joy because throu his death there was life to humanity , so she is both mother of sorrows and mother of joy , is that answers your question or makes any sense as im not that best at explaining this.

Ok now I understand perfectly what your meaning was and you explained it very well.

Newt is that a standard Catholic prayer? I may have even recited that thing in grade school at St. Elizabeth's.....it is starting to ring a bell.

Hope life is being kinder to you. I love the way computers and the Internet have made libraries so much more dynamic.

Edited by Fawzo

actually its one i wrote myself Fawzo

Are you Catholic then because praying to his Mom instead of going to Source seems like a Catholic thing to do.

But I understand not going to source as I was sternly rebuked by a girlfriends dad once when I asked why they had so many saint statues and little prayer cards attached in their kitchen and the father asked me haven't I tried to make phone calls before and the line was busy lol

She is Mother of Sorrows because she suffered so much at the death of HER son--and she is always sorrowful because of our behavior towards God. Being the Mother of God, She is known as the Most Holy Theotokos. She is all and through Her all is possible. Thus generally litanies to Her include Her under many, many names as She is acknowledged as the next most important human born person after Jesus in the Catholic faith.

The following is one of the most important prayers to Our Blessed Mother:

The Memorare

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary,

that never was it known that anyone

who fled to your protection,

implored your help,

or sought your intercession was left unaided.

Inspired with this confidence, we turn to you,

O Virgin of virgins, our Mother.

To you we come, before you we stand,

sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate,

do not despise our petitions,

but in your mercy hear us and answer us.

Amen.

blessings of light,

S

• Amulet locked this topic