What Do You Do When You're Not Here?

When you're not compiling a thoughtful post or typing a riveting response to a discussion...when you're not aimlessly browsing the forums... what are you doing?

What are your hobbies? What's your day-job like? What do you like to do?

I'll start off by saying my day-job is more or less to be a professional email spammer. I work at an advertising company that specializes in automotive sales and I send emails and put up micro-sites that encourage people to come to a dealership and trade or buy a new car. It can be mentally draining but I do love the people I work with. We have a great environment and a wonderful team.

When I'm not working there, I'm studying or reading a new book, blogging, tweeting, playing on Facebook... or idly planning my wedding (for October of next year). I live with my fiance and we like to cook together and watch movies. We're looking for a house to buy so we can start gardening. He's going to school to be an athletic trainer and we really want to be able to do yoga together but we don't have room for that where we are now.

Ok, your turn!

My job is simple, I help people learn how to help people and they, in turn help yet more people and the world becomes a better place to live. Doing that allows me to learn even more about how to help myself and others.

I like golf and watching pro sports like baseball and hockey live in their stadia. I watch very few movies and don't have a television. I do read lots of books.

Welcome to the forum Connie.

Next:

I am retired but my wife works. Because she works and works hard, I do nearly all the cooking, money management, light housekeeping, and all the shopping. I think it is only fair to help her as much as I can and still leave a little room to be retired. I have had many hobbies in the past but don't seem to have as strong a desire to continue with them. A shot of whiskey now and then before bed is about as entertaining as I get these days. I try to read as much as I can but I find that it is getting harder and harder to read without getting tired. I guess I am a bit boring.

My primary job is confidential. My free time is almost always spent on Skype, while involved in other activities. We're usually watching television shows, movies, or certain YouTube channels together. I recently became interested in Korean Dramas (thanks to my boyfriend). When I am not on Skype, I LOVE cooking and I enjoy reading. My favorite kinds of books are action (First Blood was much better as a book than a movie) and horror.

I also started making a little money on the side from one of the few legitimate online survey/offers sites.

i have a boring job. i drive a deliverytruck for a small lumber yard here locally.

i enjoy gardening, and am a firearms enthusiast. The Mrss and I target shoot at least once a week.

I am semi retired so i dont work much anymore (only 45 hrs per week)

I also enjoy hunting,and fishing when i can get the time to do so.

If i am online and not here I can be found on one of several firearms discussion forums.

Before i moved to Ky I was mostly a long haul truck driver, and did some firearms training classes as an instructor.

I grew up in Northern Calif on a dairy farm, thank goodness I got out of that.

• Administrator

My full time job is taking care of my 85+ year old father. I have many part time hobbies.

Firearms dealer

Amateur radio

RC Aircraft

Volunteer Firefighter

Volunteer EMT

etc.

etc.

My primary job is confidential. My free time is almost always spent on Skype, while involved in other activities. We're usually watching television shows, movies, or certain YouTube channels together. I recently became interested in Korean Dramas (thanks to my boyfriend). When I am not on Skype, I LOVE cooking and I enjoy reading. My favorite kinds of books are action (First Blood was much better as a book than a movie) and horror.

I also started making a little money on the side from one of the few legitimate online survey/offers sites.

Treasure Trooper?

Welcome (to the madhouse!)

Well, I used to work with children as a teacher/interventionist, now I work with dogs (!) Amazing job -which fits easily on my "if you could do anything in the world, what would that be list?"

I love the beach, reading, working in my garden, hanging out with my dog, we like to entertain (my better half is a chef, yay!)and hiking with family and friends. I love music and still enjoy a show or two a year. I have a new found love of laying hens, and really enjoy taking care of "the girls", my favorite is a little buff brahmin, abra .. I also love exploring this new part of the country (we just relocated)

oh, and I love to go out to lunch, did I mention I love to go out to lunch?

I make near-constant love with my wife. I play with my kids. I work (a dream job). I play golf. I exercise. I write. I drink. I eat. I seldom sleep. That's about it....

I climb Mountains for a living and do brain surgery on the weekends. My hobbies are dueling and performing circumcisions on Elephants.

LOL

I dream of you. :wub:

Edited by Happy

I babysit my 2-year-old nephew for nine hours a day, four days a week. I also make handcrafted soaps, bath salt blends, and solid perfume ointments. I cook, bake, read voraciously, and I've dabbled in writing fiction. I also love to work in the garden and throw parties.

I do spend a portion of each day in prayer and religious observance. I routinely practice ritual purification and several daily rituals to the household Gods (Hestia, Zeus Ktesios, Zeus Herkeios, Herakles, Hekate, etc.)

I make near-constant love with my wife. I play with my kids. I work (a dream job). I play golf. I exercise. I write. I drink. I eat. I seldom sleep. That's about it....

No wonder you're so Happy! :)

I dream of you. :wub:

Again...no wonder you're so Happy! :lol:

~ Welcome Constantine :D

I'm an Associate at Walmart, working in apparel.

{ Which means I must wear gloves since the formaldehyde the clothing is treated with gives me hives :( ALWAYS wash new clothing! :) }

My hours are odd, lately 2 - 11 P.M., which messes with life pretty well... My husband watches our 3 & 5 yr-old grandbabes 9 hrs 5 days a week early hrs :(

I like science fiction { *wink* to anyone old enough to remember the fuss when the term 'sci-fi' first arose :lol: } & doodling & poetry & simple gardening.

{ A friend said I must have 'holy ground' in my garden... I have a pansy that's lasted 3 yrs thru snow & all... Gotta propagate that one! :) }

I'm a good cook but don't enjoy food much so don't do such often & enjoy colored glass. :dntknw: