Doctor Of Philosophy In Religion From Ulc

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2017 at 8:10 PM, ULCneo said:

Really, what useful purpose does a degree have if its not recognized by the DOE, or anyone else for that matter? It would seem that it would be nothing more than a useless piece of paper on my wall, for purposes of practicality, where the money could perhaps be spent more productively???

Other than being an expensive sheet of paper on your bedroom wall, or an ego-booster, it has no purpose that I can see. If you are an author you can put PhD (or some other alphabet thingie) after your name. If folks want a "better" degree (still not accredited for real but it actually takes a little study and lotsa money) that is still FAR easier than actual college or university, see the University of Metaphysics and The University of Sedona (both are run by the same old guy). 

Edited by Douglas
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a doctorate and Minister's license in metaphysics and I have never publicly used the title, but I did extensive study and practice for the titles and I should that sense of authority within myself and in my conversations with others. I think it comes down to owning the knowledge and feeling confident about what you know.

• 2 months later...
On 5/14/2012 at 9:10 PM, maj11381 said:

I was curious if anyone has more information on the Doctor of Philosophy in Religion from ULC (http://www.ulc.net/i...age=shop&cat=17). The questions I have are as follows:

1) Is this degree accredited by the
IAA just as the Masters Degree in Religion is?

2) Do they send you a book as they do for the Master's Degree?

3) How many questions are on the test?

4) What is the format of the test? (multiple choice, fill in the blank, etc.)

The only paragraphs regarding the Doctor of Philosophy and the Master's Degree are as follows:

For the Ph.D.-

"We offer a Ph.D. in religion. Take this course, answer 75% of the questions correctly and we will grant you a Ph.D. in religion. People around the world have this degree.

Enter the name and address of the person this degree is for. It will be shipped to the "ship to" address provided as checkout, however we need the name and address of the recipient so that it can be properly recorded in the church records."

For the Master's-

"This is a wonderful course and it is also an accredited degree by the International Accrediting Association. Find out what Reverend Hensley believes about religion. We will send you the required textbook. Study it very carefully. Answer the questions on the back page. If you get 75% correct on the exam, we will grant you a Masters Degree in Religion.
Enter the name and address of the person this degree is for. It will be shipped to the "ship to" address provided as checkout, however we need the name and address of the recipient so that it can be properly recorded in the church records.

They have Religious Accreditation not Academic Accreditation. Big difference between the two types, and Accrediting bodies behind both.

Ive asked this question when I first started researching the topic.

Unless otherwise noted all Courses have obtained Religious Accreditation. 

• 1 year later...

I would like to know WHEN is The Bookstore going to get more books from headquarters? I’ve been checking there for over a year and everything says BACKORDERED on it. And by the way, this web site seems way less functional than it used to be. I wish the people in charge would get their act together.