Doctor Of Philosophy In Religion From Ulc

52 minutes ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Just so.  I understand the symbolism.  Still, if the Kingdom of Heaven is within, there is no place to go, nothing to attain and nothing to climb.  

There is an old Zen monk 's lament.  "I know I'm already an enlightened master.  Why am I still miserable?"  

Maybe it is meant figuratively speaking. We all have that within us, but we must all discover it in our own way and by our own measure?

1 hour ago, RevTom said:

Maybe it is meant figuratively speaking. We all have that within us, but we must all discover it in our own way and by our own measure?

Perhaps.  But if there is something to be heard, I think I will hear it better if I'm meditating.  Not climbing a rock.  

Psalm 46:10 King James Version (KJV)

Be still, and know that I am God: 

I can also cherry pick.     :D   

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl
  • Like 1
18 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Perhaps.  But if there is something to be heard, I think I will hear it better if I'm meditating.  Not climbing a rock.  

Psalm 46:10 King James Version (KJV)

Be still, and know that I am God: 

I can also cherry pick.     :D   

I think you are just refusing to accept a metaphor: meditating may be your way of climbing the metaphorical rock? :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, RevTom said:

I think you are just refusing to accept a metaphor: meditating may be your way of climbing the metaphorical rock? :rolleyes:

Perhaps.  I actually get why you think this.  In common usage, this metaphor is about finding God.  The many paths up the mountain are the different ways -- the different religions -- that bring us to God.  The thing is, I don't believe in God and I'm not looking.  Certainly, not climbing.  

The Transcendendtal Meditation people would agree with you. Then again, TM is a path to God.  In general, Yoga is about finding God. Buddhist meditation is about awareness.  My practice is more Taoist.  Similar.  A different flavor.  Still, not about God.  

• Like 1
On 8/4/2017 at 9:01 AM, RevTom said:

I don't follow your context. The statement about there being many paths up the mountain refers to more than one spiritual path, while each path's adherents often have the mindset that theirs is the only valid one. There is nothing at all  that should give anyone the illusion that anything said is remotely connected to letting others pick one's goal. 

Greetings to you my brother,

I think our brother Jonathon is saying that what if you don't want to go on the trip at all.

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Rev. Calli said:

I think our brother Jonathon is saying that what if you don't want to go on the trip at all.

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

AAAAAHHHHH. I guess sometimes I am not the sharpest tack on the wall. Everyone does - and should - follow his or her own path or inclinations. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

13 hours ago, Rev. Calli said:

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

Thank you.  Actually, it's more like -- I've already exhausted myself on the climb -- and discovered that I had come full circle.

Why did the chicken cross the mobius strip?  To get to the same side.     :lol:

• Like 1
22 hours ago, RevTom said:

AAAAAHHHHH. I guess sometimes I am not the sharpest tack on the wall. Everyone does - and should - follow his or her own path or inclinations. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Not a problem.  I live to serve.

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Thank you.  Actually, it's more like -- I've already exhausted myself on the climb -- and discovered that I had come full circle.

8 hours ago, Jonathan H. B. Lobl said:

Why did the chicken cross the mobius strip?  To get to the same side.     :lol:

Oh you....:lol:

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

Hello Rev Tom:

This my first post lol.  I am thinking of taking the Dr of Biblical studies offered by ULC but don't see much information on it.  Do you know anything about it?

I am interested in furthering my studies on the Bible and thought this might be a good place to get started so any input would be appreciated.

In His name

Brother Daniel

MY VIEW THE DOCTORATES AND PHD THAT ARE OFFERED BY THE ULC IS ALL BEING MISS UNDERSTOOD. THE IDEA ABOUT THESE DEGREE'S DOCTORATES, ARE FOR CHURCH PURPOSE I WOULD HAVE  THOUGHT. NOT FOR JOBS COLLAGES AND OTHER FORMS OF USE. SO I THINK PEOPLE ARE MISGUIDING THEMSELVES AS TO WHAT THESE DOCUMENTS ARE FOR.

2 hours ago, UKPAUL said:

MY VIEW THE DOCTORATES AND PHD THAT ARE OFFERED BY THE ULC IS ALL BEING MISS UNDERSTOOD. THE IDEA ABOUT THESE DEGREE'S DOCTORATES, ARE FOR CHURCH PURPOSE I WOULD HAVE  THOUGHT. NOT FOR JOBS COLLAGES AND OTHER FORMS OF USE. SO I THINK PEOPLE ARE MISGUIDING THEMSELVES AS TO WHAT THESE DOCUMENTS ARE FOR.

The Honorary Doctor of Divinity degree is not a problem.  It is clearly an honorary degree.  As such,  it is court tested.

If you want to put an "earned" doctoral degree into your resume -- when you have done no doctoral level work to "earn" it -- Good luck to you.  Depending on what you do with it, you may have no problems at all.  Depending on what you do with it.  It might be up to a District Attorney or a judge to decide whether or not your intentions are fraudulent.  I don't care what's in your heart.  The law is a mine field.  

By all means, if you're convinced in the rightness of your case -- you go for that walk.  Watch your step.  

:whist:

Please, don't type with all caps.  It's commonly understood as shouting.

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:11 PM, Rev. Calli said:

Oh you....:lol:

In solidarity,

Rev. Calli

Seriously, my Brother.  If there's no place to go -- because I'm already there -- why would I search?    What is there to climb?  Where must I go?  I have climbed that mountain.  Been there.  Done that.

I've past the finish line.  I can stop running.  Meditation and contemplation are still part of my life.   I'm cultivating awareness.  Like a garden.  My external search is done.  

:whist:

1 hour ago, UKPAUL said:

ok, I will stop shouting to me its large print not shouting lol.

The font/size controls are at the top of the page.  This is size 16.

This is size 18 font.

This is size 24 font.

If you look at the top row, you will also find options for

Bold -- Italic -- Underline  --  and color.

The smiley face icon is how you access the emojis.  :pope:     :whist:     :sigh:     :huh:     :rolleyes:

Welcome to the Board.  We were all new comers.  If you have trouble with board mechanics, just ask.  Your fellow ministers will assist you.

Jonathan

• Like 2
  • 9 months later...

Personally, I'm looking to be able to sort of ethically complete a degree which I started at CIIS in San Francisco oh so many years ago which would be very difficult to complete directly b/c I no longer live there. I feel quite ethical doing so because I already have most of the studies and creds for the Masters but would need to go through a laborious process to have them even consider me again directly. Plus, I don't think they offer sufficient Online Options for most of what I would need to complete the degree. ULC Seminar gives me a way to do so. And there are reading and studies to do. There are plenty of self-directed opportunities to assist people further with our work, accredited by who-deemed-them-so-to-begin-with-body or not. I've completed a number of studies. ULC offers me a way to pull them altogether.

Cheers and blessings,

April

4 hours ago, MidlifeDatingCoach said:

Personally, I'm looking to be able to sort of ethically complete a degree which I started at CIIS in San Francisco oh so many years ago which would be very difficult to complete directly b/c I no longer live there. I feel quite ethical doing so because I already have most of the studies and creds for the Masters but would need to go through a laborious process to have them even consider me again directly. Plus, I don't think they offer sufficient Online Options for most of what I would need to complete the degree. ULC Seminar gives me a way to do so. And there are reading and studies to do. There are plenty of self-directed opportunities to assist people further with our work, accredited by who-deemed-them-so-to-begin-with-body or not. I've completed a number of studies. ULC offers me a way to pull them altogether.

Cheers and blessings,

April

What do you expect to do, with you ULC degree?  

• 10 months later...