What Would You Do/not Do For A Million Dollars?

Youch

What would you do for a million dollars?????

Perhaps the better question is, what would you NOT do for a million dollars? This question is regarding morals, ethics, societal normals, personal preferences and levels of desperation. What would you do, and what would you not do???

Answer the question(s) any way you want, but please explain when doing so......

:mike:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me of the old joke about the dinner party conversation...

OK though, I'll bite.

I would not torture. Not for a million, not for ten million, not for any number of million dollars, or any other currency.

Edited by Bluecat

since noone is making said offer,let alone backing it up with cash,i really can't answer this question.i would like to believe that it wouldn't be anything that would hasten my demise,espically right after i got paid.

it's like the old joke"we have established what you are,we're just settling on price".

I would not do anything that went against my personal beliefs. Likewise, I do not feel I could bring myself to get past certain personal limitations.

For example:

I would not cut off any body parts.

I would not torture, murder, or rape someone.

I would eat domesticated animal flesh, such as cat or dog.

I would eat human flesh, providing that it was obtained under humane circumstances and sanitary conditions.

I would have sexual relations with someone if I would have sexual relations with them under normal circumstances.

I would not have sexual relations with someone if I would be opposed to having sexual relations with them under normal circumstances.

I would not have sexual relations with an animal or a corpse of any kind.

I'm not interested enough in money to vary my routine for it. I am happy doing what I do now. My job provides more than I need to get by, but beyond that, it is a job I love. If someone were to offer me a million dollars for no change to my routine, I'd give it to my collective so we could put it to good use. Perhaps we'd use it to start a new communal house, who knows.

Is this hypothetical, Mike, or are we negotiating?

I wish. No, it's hypothetical. I was listening to a group of people (employees) asking each other, "would you do X, or would you do Y," etc..., in jest with each other, of course.

My sensibilities are such that the list of things I would not do is rather long. But I ask myself, okay, then what would I do? It's a hard question to answer, really.

I would not have sexual relations with someone if I would be opposed to having sexual relations with them under normal circumstances.

Crap... Now I don't know what I would spend the money on.

• Amulet locked this topic