Quiz Question...

Bluecat

I shant give it away, but as a former copy editor, I enjoy words such as these.

I would add the word several.

Fit would be a possibility, depending on the rules of the game. Though if we are playing the stricter version, I would have to disqualify it. So as not to spoil the fun for others. I'll see what answers others come up with before I explain my answers and what makes each word a candidate (or not). I'll have to think some more to see if I can come up with other examples.

~ OK. I love playing with words, but I'm of less use than a brick with this. Whaaat? :cray:

{ Givin' me a complex... A co-worker the other day said, "Tom was really tired & wanted to use my car & I went to the bathroom & I can't find my phone!"

Huh?

& then a manager started talking to me in Tagalog & I thought I'd had a stroke until she said, "Ooops! Sorry."}

... I've had a stroke before. I'm gettin' nervous...

Grandparents? :dntknw:

~ Thank you Songster! :friends:

I'm alll confuzzled...

For the benefit of this functional idiot.....Please explain, as I don't see any connection between the given words and dust.

I sent the answer to you in a PM... that way I don't spoil it for the folks playing at home.

I hadn't thought of 'sanction', Decline, but you are spot on. Well played, sir!

Compound is very nice, as is puzzle (though strictly, where I live, there's a bit off the end).

I like dust.

Buckle, yes.

Snap? Snap?? Oh... yes! Good. (It doesn't work where I come from, but international rules apply :) ).

'Fit' - I can't think how that... er... fits. What am I not seeing, Brother Devon? (PM me if you'd like play to continue.)

Snap? Snap?? Oh... yes! Good. (It doesn't work where I come from, but international rules apply :) ).

I was left with "snap" because the other ones were a bit naughty when I put them together.

Do I receive extra points for behaving?

I was left with "snap" because the other ones were a bit naughty when I put them together.

Do I receive extra points for behaving?

'Behaving', unmodified, could almost make the list.

I'd kinda like to know the naughty ones...

Ooh, that reminds me:

aught

It's dialect/archaic round my way (but not in the north of England and in Scotland) but it works.