Words From The Wise...your Favorites

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Be like a river in generosity and giving help. Be like a sun in tenderness and pity. Be like night when covering other's faults. Be like a dead when furious and angry. Be like earth in modesty and humbleness. Be like a sea in tolerance. Be as you are or as you look like.

Rumi

blessings and love,

Suzanne

Edited by Quetzal

~ Remember the words when all you hear are faint echoes,

Remember the vision when all you see are shadows,

Remember the fire when all you grasp is ash,

Remember the cause.

Remember,

There is a because.

~ Claire { Qryos }

Edited by Qryos

~ Remember the words when all you hear are faint echoes,

Remember the vision when all you see are shadows,

Remember the fire when all you grasp is ash,

Remember the cause.

Remember,

There is a because.

Is this your work? I like it. I'd hang my name under it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Every grain of sand on the beach was once part of a solid rock. Over time each drop of rain that fell upon it had its effect: minute as it was, each drop served its purpose. In the Creator's time, the rock was worn down, and all that remains is sand. So it is with each obstacle in our path. If it is God's will for us to accomplish a goal, be as the rain, and do what you are here to do, and be satisfied that you have done it. Not every obstacle is conquered immediately. The One who created rain also controls how much change it can accomplish. Sometimes it takes many drops and much time, but fear not - the goal will be achieved in God's time. Do not concern yourself with what other drops have to do - just accomplish that which is for you to do and let the One who controls all achieve the goal through you.

--Brother Devon (excerpt from a Sermon called "Raindrops on Rock")

/shameless plug

mererdog...if that was YOUR dad, gulp, :fear: I think that means we're brothers....I heard that routinely in my house as well until my bro and sis left when I was 7. Then it was what Bro Kaman said...."crack you between the horns"....I'm getting the feeling I was adopted out around age 10...don't blame 'em a bit! :rofl:

Bro. Devon - shameless plug or not, good stuff! Reallllly good stuff!

From an old Viking saying:

"Look not into the Spirit of a Man, for the Warrior,

Look not into the Warrior, for the meaning of his Soul,

Look not into the Soul, for the meaning of his Spirit,

Rather, speak to his prey and you will learn his very Being."

(It meant enough to me to have it tattooed around the Viking slaying a 2 headed dragon that covers my right thigh, hip to knee)

Blessings of Peace,

Mom always told me to, "Eat your dinner. Don't you know there are children in China that will go hungry tonight?" Just shows that not every word from a wise person's mouth is truth or even credible.

Mom was right.... There are children in every country that will go hungry any night. I lived in the wealthiest section of a city once, and didn't have to leave the floor of my apartment building to find the nearest child who was not receiving adequate nutrition. The part that makes no sense is how consuming your food is of any benefit to a starving child.

• 1 month later...

"Real power is in the heart."

"If you cannot fail, you cannot succeed."

"The wind does not respect a fool."

"Only fools have no fear."

"Better to die on your feet then live on your knees."

All Klingon proverbs.

The last one was paraphrased from a Bruce Lee movie. The original line is "Better to die a broken piece of Jade then to live a life of Clay."

• Amulet locked this topic