Words From The Wise...your Favorites

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

~ "The moon is full of the souls of rabid raccoons" ... The Thirteen Clocks {who's author I can never remember :rolleyes: } also from that book,

" When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!" :dirol:

"It's Alive!"

- Mary Shelley

{ Dr. Frankenstein after months of digging up parts & patching together various disparate components to rev-up lightning quick a new model. Didn't run well.}

• Administrator

"So long and thanks for all the fish." Adam Douglas

I think you mean Douglas Adams.

As are these quotes:

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”

“It is an important and popular fact that things are not always what they seem. For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much, the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man for precisely the same reasons…”

“This planet has -- or rather had -- a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.”

When the Nazis came for the communists,

I remained silent;

I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,

I remained silent;

I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,

I did not speak out;

I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,

I remained silent;

I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,

there was no one left to speak out.

~ Martin Niemöller

Edited by Seeker

Before there was a People's Court, Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, Judge Alex, Christina's Court, Casa Cerrado (ever notice there's a lot of court show's on TV?), there was this little humble court show. I can't remember the title, but the opening title sequence shows the judge dressed sharply in a suit kissing his wife who hands him his briefcase at the door. As he walks to his car, the neighbors all wave hello, and he of course smiles and waves back. As he drives away to the court, the neighbors wave. Then they show him on the bench with the title of the show. At the end of every case he had a tag line that was so sincere from his mouth, it never once sounded corny:

"Be good to one another."

---

When I was teaching, I used to encourage my students with this motto: "Dream big, DO bigger." (Yeah, that one was mine.)

Bro Devon I do believe that was the original opener for the "People's Court" with Judge Wapner..... but then, as I write that a big "hmmmm" comes into play as I also recall and old B&W TV show “The Verdict Is Yours” - I don't recall the judge. The very first version of People's Court, prior to Wapner's was “People’s Court of Small Claims” with I think it was Judge Oren Evans, like 1958-60 somewhere around there.

However, as this little trip winds its way down Memory Lane....wasn't the scene you described the opener for "Marcus Welby, MD"?

55+ years of having that scramble box in my face has left its impressions, some good, some not so good....but yeah that scene of "going to work" and "Be good to one another" (which is now very similarly repeated by Ellen Degeneres) does ring a bell...and it's a line worthy of any good person's endeavors.

Hopefully someone with a better memory than mine will lead us on the right path as I've now spent a couple hours scouring the web for that trailer to no avail....and I've got important stuff to do today...like polish my crystal ball, saddle soap my wizards' hat and feed the cats.....again... :rofl:

Blessings Be,

Bro Devon I do believe that was the original opener for the "People's Court" with Judge Wapner..... but then, as I write that a big "hmmmm" comes into play as I also recall and old B&W TV show “The Verdict Is Yours” - I don't recall the judge. The very first version of People's Court, prior to Wapner's was “People’s Court of Small Claims” with I think it was Judge Oren Evans, like 1958-60 somewhere around there.

However, as this little trip winds its way down Memory Lane....wasn't the scene you described the opener for "Marcus Welby, MD"?

55+ years of having that scramble box in my face has left its impressions, some good, some not so good....but yeah that scene of "going to work" and "Be good to one another" (which is now very similarly repeated by Ellen Degeneres) does ring a bell...and it's a line worthy of any good person's endeavors.

Hopefully someone with a better memory than mine will lead us on the right path as I've now spent a couple hours scouring the web for that trailer to no avail....and I've got important stuff to do today...like polish my crystal ball, saddle soap my wizards' hat and feed the cats.....again... :rofl:

Blessings Be,

Don't knock it. Your cats think that feeding the cats is important. :D

“Gaze into the fire, into the clouds, and as soon as the inner voices begin to speak..surrender to them. Don't ask first whether it's permitted, or would please your teachers or father or some god. You will ruin yourself if you do that.” Hermann Hesse

• Amulet locked this topic