St. Charity Rosary Center Piece

Okay, so I've finally figured out how to make a rosary.

However, I've been looking everywhere online and cannot find a center piece of St. Charity. Everything is of Mary, Our Lady of Guadalupe, St. Patrick, St. Paul, Saint everybody but St. Charity.

Do any of you know of a good jewelry seller that sells a rosary center piece for St. Charity?

• Administrator

I've never heard of St. Charity

Faith, Hope, and Charity were the children of St. Wisdom, a Roman widow. the children were beheaded at ages 12, 10, and 9, respectively. Day of celebration is August 1st.

Most of the time Faith, Hope, and Charity pendants are combined. Most believe that a heart symbol is that of St. Charity. In the absence of a specific St. Charity pendant could you settle for a heart pendant?

Faith, Hope, and Charity were the children of St. Wisdom, a Roman widow. the children were beheaded at ages 12, 10, and 9, respectively. Day of celebration is August 1st.

Most of the time Faith, Hope, and Charity pendants are combined. Most believe that a heart symbol is that of St. Charity. In the absence of a specific St. Charity pendant could you settle for a heart pendant?

Thanks for the info Dorian. I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school and never remember hearing that story before,

but if he's making his own,that medal would be the center piece he is looking for.

Here is all that is required:

(1) Eliminate the attachment loop above the "C" in "Charity"

(2) Add attachment loop between the "S" and the "A" of "SAINT"

(3) Add attachment loop between the "T" and the "Y" of "CHARITY"

(4) Add attachment loop below the "F" of "PRAY FOR US"

You now have the center-piece ( medallion ) for a rosary. :)

Since they claim to "do custom work",

this should be "no problem"...

If they, for some reason, cannot handle this alteration,

buy the medallion anyway, and contact your local pawn shop that works with a goldsmith.

Pawn shops re-size rings "all the time", so any pawn shop "worth its salt" should have such a contact.

Thanks for the info Dorian. I was raised Catholic and went to Catholic school and never remember hearing that story before,

That was MD, not me.

Here is all that is required:

(1) Eliminate the attachment loop above the "C" in "Charity"

(2) Add attachment loop between the "S" and the "A" of "SAINT"

(3) Add attachment loop between the "T" and the "Y" of "CHARITY"

(4) Add attachment loop below the "F" of "PRAY FOR US"

You now have the center-piece ( medallion ) for a rosary. :)

Since they claim to "do custom work",

this should be "no problem"...

If they, for some reason, cannot handle this alteration,

buy the medallion anyway, and contact your local pawn shop that works with a goldsmith.

Pawn shops re-size rings "all the time", so any pawn shop "worth its salt" should have such a contact.

Any local custom jewelry store or one that does resizes locally should be able to do it. May even try a local machine shop.

Any local custom jewelry store or one that does resizes locally should be able to do it. May even try a local machine shop.

Very true.

I only suggest "the pawn shop route", because my personal experience indicates

that the pricing structure for custom work is "considerably more reasonable" at the pawn.