Blah!!! Damn doc wanted to send me off to the ER today. Aint healing up right, and there is a swollen hard and painful place there... But I have to see the surgeon who did it tomorrow, so I talked him into waiting till then... Guess he'll send me in for an MRI, and depending on how that looks, I'll either be back here, or I'll be back in the hospital...

We'll see. If i go ~PUFF~ again, you'll know where I'm at... This craps really starting to get old fast... :annoyed_h4h:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corey- Oh yes! I very much do need that! I know personally and first hand the incredible healing power of anointed oil... Unfortunately there are hardly ANY Catholic churches around here and the closest one is an hour away from here.... Something that always seemed REALLY weird to me since this whole area was settled by and is dominated by Irish and Natives... Shrugs.

Stormy, are there any Episcopal churches nearby? They are very "catholic" in their practices, and an Episcopal priest would definitely be able to anoint with oil. There used to be quite a few Episcopal churches in VA. Edited by Hexalpa

Stormy, are there any Episcopal churches nearby? They are very "catholic" in their practices, and an Episcopal priest would definitely be able to anoint with oil. There used to be quite a few Episcopal churches in VA.

Not that I know of around here bro... Mostly here its AoG, Baptist and Pentecost... With a few snake handler churches tossed in here and there...

stormson,

i know a of g's do oil annoitments,and might do one for you.sometimes they will even if your not a member of their church.also try for a lutheran.they do the same.

if it came down to it,mormans do it also,so there is another possiblity,if you can find 3 guys willing to get together.

my thoughts are with you.

Edited by mark 45

Well, not back in the hospital just yet... But i have to back (AGAIN!) to the doc on monday and if its no better then the, well... Shrugs...

At least i have learned some new things because of all this... I learned that MAN, I really, really, REALLY hate hospitals!!!! LOL

Ok.. Missed monday.. Some HMO snafu thing... Finally got in today. So.. lets see;; They take my spleen, half my stomach, rework all my pipes and then give me surgical pneumonia... NOW, today the doc says I have a hernia thats gonna need operated on, on top of the rest of it!!!

Jeezzee.. Anybody else get the feeling that I need to stay the heck AWAY from doctors??? LOL

Anyway.. He cleared me for work... said just use common sense and not do too much.. stay off the pain pills at work since I use saws and such, and because the pain is there to tell me when I push too hard... Two months I go get a camera in my guts to make sure everything is right... Other then that I guess Im gonna be ok... He even said I could have a beer after work once in awhile so maybe life wont be too bad after all... Now to get him to agree to let me have bacon cheese burgers! ;)

Thanks for all ya prayers and such guys... I absolutely believe they are as important as "medicine" in the healing process...

Anyway.. He cleared me for work...

What did you do, pressure him into releasing you? Is he aware of the type of work you perform? There's no such thing as "light-work" in construction or manufacturing. I'd get another doctor's opinion... especially since you've experienced problems since your surgery. Personally, I wouldn't return to work til I was 100%. Whatever you do... take care!

Edited by Songster

What did you do, pressure him into releasing you? Is he aware of the type of work you perform? There's no such thing as "light-work" in construction or manufacturing. I'd get another doctor's opinion... especially since you've experienced problems since your surgery. Personally, I wouldn't return to work til I was 100%. Whatever you do... take care!

Yeah he knows... And he isnt all that fond of the idea, nor am I, but the harsh reality (he says) is that i'm simply not GONNA be 100% for at least 6mos to a year... And the bills are piling up ya know? It is what it is bro... We exist in a slave based economy... There isnt much that I can do but roll with it ya know? Shrugs...

Thanks for the concern though... And yeah I am gonna keep on eye on things... Aint no "workers" paycheck worth serious injury for.. The only paychecks worth that are those of the guys who have NO risk of serious injury! What a world huh? LOL

Edited by Stormson

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! Been doing fairly well healing and all... Still have a rough day here and there, but all and all I'm getting pretty strong again. It'll be a long time before I get back to what i was I think, and they are talking like I will be on O2 and meds the rest of my days... But as long as I can have a beer once in awhile (Shhh! I didnt TELL 'em about the still! LOL) I'll be fine... They dont call that stuff the elixir of LIFE for nothing ya know? :grin:

I havent been on for a couple weeks... Life... Shakes head.. Its been pretty nuts for awhile. Of course THATS normal for me so maybe i ~AM~ getting back in the swing of things! LOL

I missed you guys too.... I dont get to be home often these days and this is where most of my nets at is all.. be here a few days this time, i THINK...

• Amulet locked this topic