Eh... for those who may have noticed my sudden disappearance (this time), I just got outa the hospital after about 8 days...

Turns out I had an ulcer about the size of a quarter that I didnt even know about.... It busted (ruptured). During the doc taking out that part of my stomach, the spline went all to hell and he couldnt get it to stop bleeding, so long story short I'm now minus one spline and half a stomach.... Plus having the pipes reworked into what amounts to the same thing as a gastric bypass...

Woohoo... Fun times....

Could use any thoughts. prayers, rikki, etc,. This is some seriously painful stuff and can use all the help I can get... Thanks :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many Blessings of Healing, Strength and Peace, brother Stormson.

Our thoughts and Prayers are certainly with you during your recovery, and always.

Al & Kay

...and don't worry...minus the spleen...life may even get better for ya in the long run...it sure did my Dad years ago!

Many Blessings of Healing, Strength and Peace, brother Stormson.

Our thoughts and Prayers are certainly with you during your recovery, and always.

Al & Kay

...and don't worry...minus the spleen...life may even get better for ya in the long run...it sure did my Dad years ago!

Now THATS interesting??? Better how bro? These docs got me basicly thinking that if I so much as look at a germ I'm a dead man.. LOL

Now THATS interesting??? Better how bro? These docs got me basicly thinking that if I so much as look at a germ I'm a dead man.. LOL

Ya know, I'll have to ask my Mom. I was only a kid when Dad had it taken out and all I truly remember first hand, was how he said he "felt so much better" and for a couple of years, really wasn't quite so unbearable to be around. He was far more at peace with himself and was "happy" like I had never known him to be prior to that.

Medically, physiologically? Hmmm...good question, but I also know a fellow I worked with that didn't have a spleen and he was certainly no clean freak or germ nut...actually quite a disgusting person hygiene and habit wise.

Best advice....follow what your doc tells you!!

Our thoughts, prayers and Blessings still stand!

Take care,

Al

Thanks eveybody... Spent most of the week in bed, but have been getting up and around more and more...Still in pain, but less every day... I think its gonna be ok if i can just get back to work in the next couple weeks or so...

Eh... for those who may have noticed my sudden disappearance (this time), I just got outa the hospital after about 8 days...

Turns out I had an ulcer about the size of a quarter that I didnt even know about.... It busted (ruptured). During the doc taking out that part of my stomach, the spline went all to hell and he couldnt get it to stop bleeding, so long story short I'm now minus one spline and half a stomach.... Plus having the pipes reworked into what amounts to the same thing as a gastric bypass...

Woohoo... Fun times....

Could use any thoughts. prayers, rikki, etc,. This is some seriously painful stuff and can use all the help I can get... Thanks :)

yow. find a priest and get them to do the sick rite and annointing of oil of sick.

well, atleast now you can only hold half the food you did.

Thanks guys... Im working on it... But seem to be healing VERY slowly. I did try to work one day last week (very light duty), but ended up suffering for it all weekend. Im really not sure why its going so slow, except that this area isnt exactly known for cutting edge medical technology, and there is a pervasive attitude that if you dont work the mines (I dont) your somewhat more expendable then those who do.

Got two doc appts this week.. today and tomorrow... So hopefully I can get some answers.

Corey- Oh yes! I very much do need that! I know personally and first hand the incredible healing power of anointed oil... Unfortunately there are hardly ANY Catholic churches around here and the closest one is an hour away from here.... Something that always seemed REALLY weird to me since this whole area was settled by and is dominated by Irish and Natives... Shrugs.

• Amulet locked this topic