Need Help With Explaining.

I need help explaining my faith. I'm writing a book on it and I need help. When people ask they usually say "I wanna know everything" and that doesn't quite work for me. I need starting points.

When any of you are explaining your faith to someone, how do you do it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Try breaking it down into pieces and work at it one piece at a time. For instance, do you believe in life after death? If so, what do you envision that life to be? Be descriptive now. Don't just use one sentence.

Describe your God. Is he the angry, jealous, vengeful God of the Abrahamic religiions? Is he multi personality as the Hindu God (s)? Is your God all powerful? Does your God meddle in human affairs? Once again give detail.

What is your take on Evil? Is it driven by a powerful personality like Satan? Just how powerful is that personality? Is the Evil One nearly as powerful as your God?

I think you get the idea. Just take it one subject at a time and write it down in detail. Don't worry if you don't get it right the first time. Go back latter and refine it. Go back often. When more clarity comes to you, go back and make it more clear. I don't think you will have any trouble.

~ OK. You're writing a book on your faith & you need help explaining it?

Can't help you there...

A good suggestion for any writer is to get many notebooks.

The first one you write down your ideas. { I suggest little 'post-its' to mark new ideas } & just write what hits ya!

Spend time writing in that book & let stuff percolate in your mind while you work on...

another with thoughts settled & phrased as you're happy with.

Then you work on those for the next & ...

Allow your thoughts to wander & be wild at first. Keep that. Keep your original ideas.

You may find that when you get down to working on the finished part you need your original concepts to focus you back.

The process of writing { OK! Typing! :rolleyes: } does help me to focus. Hope it helps you also :)

I need help explaining my faith. I'm writing a book on it and I need help. When people ask they usually say "I wanna know everything" and that doesn't quite work for me. I need starting points.

When any of you are explaining your faith to someone, how do you do it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

You never did say what your "faith" is. That would be a good starting point.

When people ask me what I believe; it helps that I know what I believe and how I got there. A small point in passing. I don't have "faith." I have working theory.

If you have "faith" -- that is another point that can be discussed. First, you must say what your faith is. Don't think we know. You could be an Atheist. You could be a Druid. You could be a Muslim.

• Amulet locked this topic