Evil Is As Evil Does

VonNoble

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

absolutely--How very right you are!!--or default of ego=our free will perhaps!Well on demons I am still on the fence--If I would have to give an answer I would say that , that too we create through ego. Thus if you believe--then there are--if not they are not. I am sure many will disagree with there his statement.Also you as well as you have more experience in the elemental aspects of being.

But I am sure you could tell us more about your beliefs as a Wiccan--. It is a very ancient religion and there is a lot within organized that is from the ancient teachings. Especially --the Divine Feminine which has always been the focal point of most ancient religions.

blessings,

S

Edited by sarkany

absolutely--How very right you are!!--or default of ego=our free will perhaps!Well on demons I am still on the fence--If I would have to give an answer I would say that , that too we create through ego. Thus if you believe--then there are--if not they are not. I am sure many will disagree with there his statement.Also you as well as you have more experience in the elemental aspects of being.

But I am sure you could tell us more about your beliefs as a Wiccan--. It is a very ancient religion and there is a lot within organized that is from the ancient teachings. Especially --the Divine Feminine which has always been the focal point of most ancient religions.

blessings,

S

How is Wicca an ancient religion?!?!?! 1950 isn't that long ago. It is a modern pagan religion developed in England in the 50's and 60's by Gerald Gardner

Edited by Fawzo

Well--very funny-- Hyper.

Fawzo--what on earth are you saying--are you kidding me? Maybe a re-discovery--- Maybe Samantha was from Bewitched from the 60`s.. :derisive:

But wichcraft has been around some time--longer than anything--most religions infact.--may not have been called Wiccan--but names are irrelevant. --but what do you call the stuff Merlin was practicing, Morgana, Druids, Celts and a few others of old. I am sure Atwater Vitki may name a few from his country. As--I from mine--the Magyars--we still have them--just under a different name--the Taltos. They have been around over 3,000 thousand years--from the Sumerians!!!!-Don`t get a Magyar going on this, for I can-- :derisive:

They still practice all kinds of magic and stuff that blows the mind in the 21 st century-- :derisive: They were the ancient religion of old--Babylon, Phoenicians, Persians and many other lands. Sure--they were pagan religions--but practiced non the less. Now--you don`t have to believe, but exist they did and do.There is more to the occult than is imagined--

blessings,

S

Edited by sarkany

I myself believe that all that is truely evil has been created by man. Not by any fault of our own, as it was a creation by default of curiousity. I do believe in daemons, just not in the sence most would agree on.

Not reallly true for me but I want to welcome you to the forum.

Would you break down your name so I can see how it should be pronounced?

There absolutely are spirits that cannot be seen by the human eye around and they have powers that humans cannot comprehend. Perhaps because they cannot feel the spirits they disavow them out of ignorance or fear.

Well--very funny-- Hyper.

Fawzo--what on earth are you saying--are you kidding me? Maybe a re-discovery--- Maybe Samantha was from Bewitched from the 60`s.. :derisive:

But wichcraft has been around some time--longer than anything--most religions infact.--may not have been called Wiccan--but names are irrelevant. --but what do you call the stuff Merlin was practicing, Morgana, Druids, Celts and a few others of old. I am sure Atwater Vitki may name a few from his country. As--I from mine--the Magyars--we still have them--just under a different name--the Taltos. They have been around over 3,000 thousand years--from the Sumerians!!!!-Don`t get a Magyar going on this, for I can-- :derisive:

They still practice all kinds of magic and stuff that blows the mind in the 21 st century-- :derisive: They were the ancient religion of old--Babylon, Phoenicians, Persians and many other lands. Sure--they were pagan religions--but practiced non the less. Now--you don`t have to believe, but exist they did and do.There is more to the occult than is imagined--

blessings,

S

Yes Witchcraft has been around for awhile but Wicca hasn't.

How is Wicca an ancient religion?!?!?! 1950 isn't that long ago. It is a modern pagan religion developed in England in the 50's and 60's by Gerald Gardner

Wicca is not an ancient religion. It is the practices adopted into it that are ancient and go back to before existance was recorded. For instance, Shamanism, Energy work, I could go on and on.

Wicca is a composite of ancient practices, but the statement made was that it was an Ancient Religion and I was merely pointing out the fact that it is not. I am confident that almost every belief system on the planet can lay claim to being born of Ancient Practices, so that statement does nothing to validate or raise any belief system above any other. In my eyes it would do the opposite.....when I buy a new tool or communication device I want something that is the latest technology, so I can communicate in the most effective manner, not something our primate ancestor banged on trees with.

As our ways of communication evolved so did our humanity and as we learn to communicate our emotions and thoughts to others even more effectively in the further we will evolve even further from the unsophisticated brutes that we were and are now.

So when communicating with the Divine I want to explore new avenues of direct communication with the Divine and those other sentient beings around me, not tap on rocks with sticks. Does anyone really want to use an "ANCIENT" typewriter to talk with anyone these days?!?!?!!

Edited by Fawzo

Not reallly true for me but I want to welcome you to the forum.

Would you break down your name so I can see how it should be pronounced?

There absolutely are spirits that cannot be seen by the human eye around and they have powers that humans cannot comprehend. Perhaps because they cannot feel the spirits they disavow them out of ignorance or fear.

Thank you for the welcome! To say my name, try this: as-das-ee-ay. I agree with you that there are spirits that have power that is not human related. I also believe that humans can learn how to see or feel or hear spirits if they aproach the task with an open mind. I have.

Wicca is a composite of ancient practices, but the statement made was that it was an Ancient Religion and I was merely pointing out the fact that it is not. I am confident that almost every belief system on the planet can lay claim to being born of Ancient Practices, so that statement does nothing to validate or raise any belief system above any other. In my eyes it would do the opposite.....when I buy a new tool or communication device I want something that is the latest technology, so I can communicate in the most effective manner, not something our primate ancestor banged on trees with.

As our ways of communication evolved so did our humanity and as we learn to communicate our emotions and thoughts to others even more effectively in the further we will evolve even further from the unsophisticated brutes that we were and are now.

So when communicating with the Divine I want to explore new avenues of direct communication with the Divine and those other sentient beings around me, not tap on rocks with sticks. Does anyone really want to use an "ANCIENT" typewriter to talk with anyone these days?!?!?!!

I would, if I knew the mailing system would be around for it. Sadly, I think actually being able to "mail" a letter is going out of business. :(

As to your statement about Wicca being new. It is new, completely. But witchcraft and other practices that are now being adapted into Wicca have been around for much, much longer! Sometimes, old things and old ways are much better than anything modern can do. I am finding that older things have much better quality than some of the newer things. For instance, I have a car that was built in 1992. No, it doesn't have a navi system, can't park itself and doesn't have onstar. But I am a simpler being and I find that I don't really need all of those thrills to be happy with what I have, what I learn or how I learn it. Blessings!

Edited by Asdasiae

Thank you for the welcome! To say my name, try this: as-das-ee-ay. I agree with you that there are spirits that have power that is not human related. I also believe that humans can learn how to see or feel or hear spirits if they aproach the task with an open mind. I have.

I would, if I knew the mailing system would be around for it. Sadly, I think actually being able to "mail" a letter is going out of business. :(

As to your statement about Wicca being new. It is new, completely. But witchcraft and other practices that are now being adapted into Wicca have been around for much, much longer! Sometimes, old things and old ways are much better than anything modern can do. I am finding that older things have much better quality than some of the newer things. For instance, I have a car that was built in 1992. No, it doesn't have a navi system, can't park itself and doesn't have onstar. But I am a simpler being and I find that I don't really need all of those thrills to be happy with what I have, what I learn or how I learn it. Blessings!

Try getting to the moon with something old :)

Try getting to the moon with something old :)

Knowing me, I'd prolly want to use what they first went to the moon in, rather than some type of modernized metal. I'm telling ya, most newer things lack quality in a big way. Sad, it's truely sad. But that's just me. People tell me I'm old fashioned. Go figure! :) Blessings!

Knowing me, I'd prolly want to use what they first went to the moon in, rather than some type of modernized metal. I'm telling ya, most newer things lack quality in a big way. Sad, it's truely sad. But that's just me. People tell me I'm old fashioned. Go figure! :) Blessings!

The Ancients had no such vehicles the technology had to be designed, developed and evolved. If we look at the behavior of man when these Ancient Religions were developed, I can clearly decipher that I'm not going to get to where I want to be Spiritually by following any of those paths either. We need to develop a new sophisticated one I do personally believe, that renders the ego useless.

Case in point is my personal observations on Wicca. Within the payh of Wicca one becomes aware of the sublime energies within the Universe, but in most the cases I've seen they try to bend these energies to fulfill their own desires instead of learning to have their being within this energy they try to alter it creating more ripples in the sea of consciousness hiding the prefect face of the Divine amidst all the distortions such actions cause.

Edited by Fawzo

it is my understanding that the difference between evil and sin is that sin is anyone missing the goal of being closer to holiness.

the common denominator in the equation of defining evil from good is joy. Joy is the feeling of pride that comes with accomplishment.

one might define evil by the pride and joy taken in whatever action is taken that provides a result of hurting/sadism/destruction/whatever it is that is negative growth and life.

goodness would be that joy of accomplishment that results in reward/growth/uplifting/profit/expansion/and what promotes development in a positive way.

methinks.

it is my understanding that the difference between evil and sin is that sin is anyone missing the goal of being closer to holiness.

the common denominator in the equation of defining evil from good is joy. Joy is the feeling of pride that comes with accomplishment.

one might define evil by the pride and joy taken in whatever action is taken that provides a result of hurting/sadism/destruction/whatever it is that is negative growth and life.

goodness would be that joy of accomplishment that results in reward/growth/uplifting/profit/expansion/and what promotes development in a positive way.

methinks.

Welcome to the forum.

I like what you said although in some ways I disagree.

I would say that holiness really should be called survival in the way used here. Things are good which aid a better survival across the dynamics. Things are bad (evil) to the degree they destroy survival for the largest number of dynamics. There is no limit to good or bad, anything good can be made more of and anything bad can be increased as well.

Welcome to the forum.

I like what you said although in some ways I disagree.

I would say that holiness really should be called survival in the way used here. Things are good which aid a better survival across the dynamics. Things are bad (evil) to the degree they destroy survival for the largest number of dynamics. There is no limit to good or bad, anything good can be made more of and anything bad can be increased as well.

possibly. by definition holiness is that which is closest/closer to God by choice. that being submitted to the will and plan of God, and basically denial of the fleshly desires. what we do to promote life doesn't necessarily have to do with desire, but perhaps just love. however what we do that is destructive to life/survival is very much a choice of desire, generally relative to prideful choice. Survival as a term for the purpose of the development of the creation is a really good choice of word. good point.

• Amulet locked this topic