Evil Is As Evil Does

VonNoble

I am starting to look at evil and good in the light of flow and thermodynamics. Good would be anything that allows love to expand and flow dynamically so that it does not become static. The opposite of Good then would be anything that restricts this energetic flow and causes it to become restricted.

A thought such as "I am" would seem to an attempt to retain this energy into one point and therefor cause an impediment to the natural flow causing a distortion. The more thoughts of 'I am" or self that occur the more distortions and ripples that occur obscuring good.

Then again -- in Exodus, how does God introduce "himself" to Moses? "I Am that I Am." Or, is that your point?

:dirol:

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then again -- in Exodus, how does God introduce "himself" to Moses? "I Am that I Am." Or, is that your point?

:dirol:

Yes that is part of my point and may be why to Gnostics he is known as the Demiurge, but then again I have heard the more correct translation of that verse is "I will be what I will be"

Yes that is part of my point and may be why to Gnostics he is known as the Demiurge, but then again I have heard the more correct translation of that verse is "I will be what I will be"

Really? Why is "I will be" more accurate than "I Am?" Something outside time can't change.

Or did you mean that the translation itself, is more accurate?

Fawzo:

But is it true? If God is outside time -- how can God change? God can only "be." There is no "becoming." Unless I misunderstood.

(Sorry, I put this in the wrong space.)

I personally don't think there is much truth contained within the book.

Yet how can God only stand apart from time and not be a portion of it. Can time and space exist apart from God?

I personally don't think there is much truth contained within the book.

Yet how can God only stand apart from time and not be a portion of it. Can time and space exist apart from God?

It is a paradox. Unity and Duality both exist.

As for the book, even a broken clock can be right twice a day. Unless it's on military time. Then it can still be right once a day.

:)

It is a paradox. Unity and Duality both exist.

As for the book, even a broken clock can be right twice a day. Unless it's on military time. Then it can still be right once a day.

Things may exist but how real are they? Many things exist within my own mind but how real are they? Is that nice little box of some mysterious dessert I received from some famous food designer in my dreams last night real? I can't wait to open the box and see what it is :)

Things may exist but how real are they? Many things exist within my own mind but how real are they? Is that nice little box of some mysterious dessert I received from some famous food designer in my dreams last night real? I can't wait to open the box and see what it is :)

Albert Einstein discovered something that he termed, "spooky action at a distance." The lesson that I take from this is that Space/Time has illusory properties. That means Unity is real.

Duality exists. Let us not get cute. The Universe is real. That means that Unity and Duality coexist. IMO.

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

They have for all existence. They have also stood apart from the Tooth Fairy, leprechauns, and werewolves.

Aren't time and space just as real as leprechauns, Tooth Fairies and werewolves? They are all mental constructs correct?

Aren't time and space just as real as leprechauns, Tooth Fairies and werewolves? They are all mental constructs correct?

Only insofar as "existence itself" is an illusion (a very persistent one, according to Albert Einstein!).

No, time and space are "aspects of matter itself".

If we really want to question everything, we can go back to Decarte. "I think, therefore I am." For the purists -- "Cogito, ergo sum."

Past a certain point, it's like a dog chasing it's tail. For all the illusion and paradox, there is an objective external reality. Rejection of reality is embracing madness. This I reject.

Yes. Matter is an illusion. Matter is also real. Yes, Space is an illusion. Space is also real. Yes, Time is an illusion. Time is also real. Yes, we are clergy. We can have common sense, anyway.

• Amulet locked this topic