That last line tells me then that you have never fully experienced the love of God and that you would spend your last days in fear. But that isn't surprsing considering the basis of your belief system :)

Dan has already answered this for himself (and I would not presume to answer for him), but since he and I appear to share simular basic beliefs, I would like to offer my 2 cents. Speaking strictly for myself, my faith allows me to live and enjoy each day as it comes, and if not actually desiring the day of my demise, I most certainly do not live in fear of it.

A most enlightening thread. If God grants me the knowledge of when...a week, a month...then I would like to exit in the style VonNoble relates. Being remembered as someone who made you laugh, especially on your way out, IMO, is a great blessing. I would also like to give things away to my friends. Hmmm, maybe I can start now. I have no fear of dying, though I confess I sometimes am concerned as to the method to be employed.

~ I would double-check that my remains were pre-paid & that my family didn't have to fuss on that shtuff. { Clothes & such, removed. }

I've been working on giving away possessions our children aren't wanting { Thank you my friends here! 'Things' are not 'self' & I've been enjoying surprisingly gifting }.

& then I guess I'd be the person I am, probably a bit more whiny, depends on the cause & the drugs I guess :dntknw:

~ Mark, my sympathies & thoughts to you :wub:

I didn't mention anything about fear? (2 Timothy 1:7) , The apostle Paul wrote this in his final days. Prayer would be for guidance of what to do in my final days, not fearing, but having the desire to meet any remaining purpose which the Lord might have use of me. For me, love for God is saying "not my will, but thine be done".

Dan you said "I'd be more concerned about where I was going instead of what I was leaving."

concerned (adj) - Bing Dictionary

anxious or worried: worried or apprehensive, particularly about something such as a situation that is developing or that has newly arisen

Edited by Fawzo

I lost my borther on Dec 2, 2011. I would like to say that Im very thinkful that my brother and I made up before it was to late. let me say this to all of you if you have had a falling out with an one you care about just say sorry before it is to late an you hate your slef for not doing it

I suppose with 30 days left, whatever was important to the individual would come into play. I know people who cling to family like the last life raft of a sunk ship and others who aggressively tear through whatever attachments they have with anyone to forcefully be alone.

Myself, I would have to agree with making people laugh, after all, it is supposedly the "Best Medicine". The thought of having Terry Fador or Jeff Dunham at my funeral, comes to mind.

Blessings of Peace,

If I had thirty days left to live, I would continue to live like I have. I would get up early in the morning meditate, read, go to work, write a small essay (which I do every morning). On the return home I would meditate some more, and ejoy watching my family have fun. After all, death is part of life.

• 5 weeks later...

Two things- Find as much peace as you can with what you yourself expect will come. You will ask

many questions and in the logic of finality you may discover the answers to any doubts you may

possess.

Allow the trials and tribulations of human social demands to be a part of the much bigger picture

of the natural existence of the world around you. We are important to ourselves and society, but we

exist in a very minute area of a much more grand stage. We write many plays, but the stage was

there from the start. Admire it and the concept.

even after 2 + years,this is hard for me to answer.

my mom spent 2 weeks of her last 4 letting me know she hated me,and that she wasn't leaving me anything.my last words on that were that i did NOT care.

2 weeks before she died,she asked me if it was ok if she died.i told her it was.after that,she pretty much quit talking to anyone. "let her go", if you can

Mark, I understand why this must be hard for you... even after years have passed. I am so sorry that you were treated so cruelly. You did not deserve that.

Your mother was a very unhappy person. It is apparent that she wanted to make others unhappy, if she could. None of this was your fault.

"The way we die" tells the world who we really are/were... it is not a reflection upon others. Your mother's death...

the way she chose to die... was certainly no reflection on you. Just "let go of her", if you can.

You are a good person. Try not to dwell in unhappy memories.

your friend,

Hex

Edited by Hexalpa

I am immortal and I live as such until ultimately proven otherwise.

Are you biologically human? Have you matured to breeding age? Did you continue to age after you hit that point? If you did, congrats, you're going to die like the rest of us. Assuming radical life extension or mind-uploading technologies don't come along in your lifetime. I hope they do, for both of us.

Are you biologically human? Have you matured to breeding age? Did you continue to age after you hit that point? If you did, congrats, you're going to die like the rest of us. Assuming radical life extension or mind-uploading technologies don't come along in your lifetime. I hope they do, for both of us.

Yes I am biologically human. I have four children. I continue to age. You may think I may die like the rest of you but only my death will convince me. I do not lead my life as if each moment will be my last. I live my life as if I have an infinite future.

• 2 weeks later...

My routine would not change. We could die at any given moment, live like it. I do not understand why some live as though death is some far off thing. Every moment we encounter situations that may kill us.

Then there was the fellow who said -- "If I had known I would live to be this old, I would have taken better care of myself." :dirol:

• Amulet locked this topic