~ Just A Bit Of Babbling...

Qryos

Our 5 yr-old Grandbabe asked me about the moon driving home from getting me from work. 15 min. drive.

She mentioned the moon gets full every night late. I said no, Midnight means it's the middle of the night, that's why the 'mid'.

The moon isn't full every night.

Because the sun is over on the other side of the earth from where we are and that's why it's dark here,

but the moon is far away over there and so the sun can still shine on it when the Earth doesn't block the light from the sun.

Moonlight is sunlight shining off the moon.

... I wondered if I had explained it so she could understand, y'know, she's 5.

We got out of the car & she looked at the moon & yelled, "Gramma! & can see the part of the moon the sun's not shining on!"

Sure enough... :lol: Crescent with the dark at sunset, perfect!

~ I got to help a man & his son find clothing that fit in their price-range. It was a big thing because their wife/mother had died.

They didn't know what to look for, where it might be, what sizes, etc.

They were lost... I helped them find what they needed then. *sigh*

I am afraid often. Anxiety attacks, pounding heart, shakes, etc. Every day I have antacids & Exedrin in my pocket.

But whenever I ease a another's distress, I ease their problems, I am calmed.

~ Well of course I have more to babble about! :rolleyes:

It always surprises me when people mention I'm thin.

My body has changed & I've become one of those scrawny old women, but I'm not used to it...

~ Personal Perception... I'm guessing I'm at least 10 yrs behind what I actually look like & what I think of myself :dntknw:

Our 5-yr old grandbabe mentioned she likes to look at herself in the mirror. "So I know what other people see." Yep. :dirol:

Is the reflection in the mirror a reflection of you or of what others see?

What you think is most important but what you think may be wrong.

You are you, not your body or name or anything else. What you perceive of your body is only that and nothing else depends on it.

I say that and it appears that bodies are so important, but they are not.

The reflection in the mirror will be whatever you choose it to be. It could take some time to recognize what you want.

Smile, that always makes you look better and from here I think you look very nice.

~ Thank you Sparky ;):wub:

Yes, I smile. Differently than I used to, front teeth broke. Always found that the most important part of a smile is in the eyes anyway, y'know? :)

Our grandbabe mentioned today she can tell I'm old because I have wrinkles on my hands. But my face isn't tooo wrinkly yet :lol:

~ Now for something completely different! The new Cran-Cherry juice? Very good! Rather strongly flavored. I think it would be a perfect mixer with vodka.

~ Read an article that mentioned snow-fall in 1887 in Montana that produced the largest snowflakes ever recorded...

Fifteen inches across & eight inches thick :shok: { Yes, I wrote it out so there's no confusion! ;) } Really.

RGJ.com 2/19/2012 , Mike Alger's column. Or ask Mike Alger -at- malger-at-ktvn.com

{ Not advertising, just verifying where I got the info. }

~ Some days are just dopier days than others, y'know?

I work with women that have wotked there 5, 10, 15 yrs. I've been there 6 mos. WHY are they asking ME what to do??? :dntknw:

I am not going to take on responsibility I have no authority to deal with. { Learned that one long ago the hard way! }

... Yeah, 5 carts of big-booby bras with no home according to the computer & they're just left? Managers gone home? Not My Problem.

Seriously, $8.45 an hour does not pay me to stress over stupid crap like that. & evidently what our manager gets paid wasn't enough to deal with it either.

:dirol: :dirol: :dirol:

& so hum a song that gets ya thru the day with a happy step & smile, right? :D

~ Some days are just dopier days than others, y'know?

I work with women that have wotked there 5, 10, 15 yrs. I've been there 6 mos. WHY are they asking ME what to do??? :dntknw:

I am not going to take on responsibility I have no authority to deal with. { Learned that one long ago the hard way! }

... Yeah, 5 carts of big-booby bras with no home according to the computer & they're just left? Managers gone home? Not My Problem.

Seriously, $8.45 an hour does not pay me to stress over stupid crap like that. & evidently what our manager gets paid wasn't enough to deal with it either.

:dirol: :dirol: :dirol:

& so hum a song that gets ya thru the day with a happy step & smile, right? :D

I hear you with both eyes. I make less than that per hour to feed my crazy little troops at the assisted living facility. On the days I am not there, we have one, maybe two servers who seem to forget that the thing that allows a steam table to make steam is (duh...) water. So they don't add any water, and steam tables being what they are, the water I left at the end of my shift (as we are supposed to do) boils off. I have tried speaking to the servers that I know are forgetful, I have tried speaking to management to remind them, I have left notes. Now I am at the "too bad for all y'all" stage of it, because sooner or later, that thing is going to boil off, and crack a well. Since all the wells are plumbed together, cracking one is the same as cracking them all. Since a replacement unit will cost in the neighborhood of 1200 dollars (plus shipping) not to mention the cost to deal with any damage as a result of the failure of the first table, one would think they would care a bit more. I'm over it. I take care of my equipment when I am on shift. I am not paid enough to care when it isn't mine to look after. It's like dealing with spoiled children - if they can't learn to take care of their toys, then let them cry when the toy breaks.

~ Oh, Hon! Yes, those steam tables need to be taken care of...

Managed that cafeteria for 15 yrs, & every day, drained & cleaned, every Friday de-limed, nursed those things. :(

Perhaps posters??? { I tried that with teen-agers in our home, actually? Didn't help a bit. :rolleyes: }

Yep. It's time for you to just wipe your hands at the end of your day...

:friends: I give you kudos tho'!!! :friends:

Edited by Qryos

I guess I take it a little more personally than they do because I remember fondly working in my high school cafeteria (my first food experience). Every night, every square inch of stainless steel was wiped spotless. Every dish, can, or otherwise removed from the shelves and the shelves cleaned. Every can was wiped, so no dust could gather. The dishwasher, circa early 1940s, was bought used from another town and installed into the current high school building in the late 1950s when the building was opened. It was the old, rocker-arm drive Hobart that continuously feed racks of dishes by catching the racks underneath on a hook bar that would run under and pull the racks in 6 inches a stroke. It was one of my jobs to go into that machine at the end of each shift and remove all the rinsed off food and crud from the filter pans, then delime and shine the machine. Since we had water that was hard as a rock, deliming was a daily thing. I am proud to say that at the point of my graduation (mid 1980s), the machine had never missed a day of service. All steel surfaces were wiped on Friday afternoons with lemon oil and allowed to sit covered in butcher's paper over the weekend. Mondays we would come in early and polish the residue off. You could see your face in the steel, and that was a great feeling. I also loved (still do) the scent of fresh cut lemons that greeted us at the start of each week. It felt like a hug from mom. My favorite compliment was when the board of health inspector told us that our humble little high school had the cleanest kitchen in his district (we shared a couple inspectors with a few local towns to save cash). I know most, if not all, the ladies I worked with in that cafeteria have passed. I hope the current generation has the same love and respect for the place. They inherited a treasure.

~ Oh Darlin', you are a Joy, y'know that? Your pride & attention to detail & CARE in everything you do... :wub: :wub: :wub: You are a hero every day!

Love you so :D

Knowing you gives me greater strength. Thank You. You are a wonderful Minister to me. :friends: