Federal Programs, Implementation And Unionization

Hyper Real

Most federal programs are implemented, of with bidding, by private non-profit organizations. Often the employees are unionized?

What do you think of this model?

I am all for unionization for workers in the private sector but I have reservations to unionization of government workers.

What are your thoughts about implementing federal programs not by private non-profit organization but instead directly handled by the federal government with employees being hired by the federal government without the ability of unionization?

I think it is a horrible idea. I hope it was not your original.

I can agree with union in the private sector but in the public sector the unions apparent enemy is their neighbors who will pay the bills.

FDR said that the employees of government should not be able to form unions because of that but by the time Reagan came along we had unions so entrenched and arrogant that the air controllers did their stupidity.

Politicians see public unions as a way to keep a large block of votes and will pander to them with gusto. I don't believe that politicians can resist the chance to launder money through the unions.

I think that about 98% of federal programs could be better handled by states and local governments or private enterprise but without any federal influence. The more power is centralized the more lilke Russia in the 30's-70's we become and that was not good folks, Russia is still not over the damage.

I would be in favor of even eliminating federal air controllers because we have technology that would allow faster, safer flying without the rules and silliness of routing mistakes. There are so many other wastes of the federal government that could be done better or in many cases not done at all by anyone else. The sad part is that so many people have become dependent not only for money but how/what to cook, what exercises to do, how to light our homes and the crazy list can go on for a very long time.

Not to mention the 70,000 page tax code which no one p[erson understands. How about making that 133 paqes that your fourth grader can dig?