Not incorrect at all......gravity has shaped our entire universe, the shape of solar systems and the planets and the dark matter in between. Nothing has shaped our galaxy, or our universe, more than gravity. Don't take my word for it (nobody does), look it up yourself!!

That you can jump does not defy this at all, and does not prove love is more powerful than gravity.

You think love shapes planets? What do you suppose shapes galaxies? Hint: gravity.......

Sorry but you are dead wrong. It is scientific fact. The Strong Nuclear force is what holds the nuclei of atoms together that shapes galaxies.

Did you know that gravity is the weakest force in the universe? Well, it's true! There are four fundamental forces (that we know of) in our universe: Strong Nuclear, Electromagnetic, Weak Nuclear and Gravitational. The strongest one is the Strong Nuclear force, which is responsible for keeping the nuclei of atoms together. About one hundred times weaker than the strong nuclear force is the electromagnetic one. This is the strongest force that we experience in our everyday lives. In fact, whenever we touch anything we experience the Electromagnetic force. The electrons in our skin repel electrons in whatever we touch through this force. The Weak Nuclear force is the one responsible for most decays of particles and nuclei - which is where radioactivity comes from. This force is about 10 billion times weaker than the Electromagnetic force.

The weakest of all is the Gravitational force. In fact, Gravitational force is 10 thousand billion billion billion billion times weaker than the Electromagnetic force. Well, it sort of makes sense because if the Gravitational force were stronger than the Electromagnetic one, we would fall right through the floor!

http://www.scienceiq.com/Facts/WeakForce.cfm

Edited by Fawzo
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but you are dead wrong. It is scientific fact. The Strong Nuclear force is what holds the nuclei of atoms together that shapes galaxies.

Did you know that gravity is the weakest force in the universe? Well, it's true! There are four fundamental forces (that we know of) in our universe: Strong Nuclear, Electromagnetic, Weak Nuclear and Gravitational. The strongest one is the Strong Nuclear force, which is responsible for keeping the nuclei of atoms together. About one hundred times weaker than the strong nuclear force is the electromagnetic one. This is the strongest force that we experience in our everyday lives. In fact, whenever we touch anything we experience the Electromagnetic force. The electrons in our skin repel electrons in whatever we touch through this force. The Weak Nuclear force is the one responsible for most decays of particles and nuclei - which is where radioactivity comes from. This force is about 10 billion times weaker than the Electromagnetic force.

The weakest of all is the Gravitational force. In fact, Gravitational force is 10 thousand billion billion billion billion times weaker than the Electromagnetic force. Well, it sort of makes sense because if the Gravitational force were stronger than the Electromagnetic one, we would fall right through the floor!

Stephen Hawking agrees with me: http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2010/09/02/god-did-not-create-the-universe-gravity-did-says-stephen-hawking/

And where in that article does Hawking even remotely claim that Gravity is the strongest force? You know darn right well he would never make such a claim. Claiming gravity helped to form the Universe is not the same as claiming gravity is the strongest force in that Universe.

The force of gravity may be the weakest, but isn't it true that its range is the farthest? So that while any give object is only subject to a modest number of objects exerting strong force on it, there are a massive number of objects exerting a weak gravitational force on it. Which, if in a large enough number, are able to completely overwhelm the strong force to create a black hole. Thus, while it maybe the weakest force, its range makes it more active, and have a greater influence on the structure of the universe as a whole.

The force of gravity may be the weakest, but isn't it true that its range is the farthest? So that while any give object is only subject to a modest number of objects exerting strong force on it, there are a massive number of objects exerting a weak gravitational force on it. Which, if in a large enough number, are able to completely overwhelm the strong force to create a black hole. Thus, while it maybe the weakest force, its range makes it more active, and have a greater influence on the structure of the universe as a whole.

That is very true panpareil but as you have stated gravity is the weakest force and it takes massive amounts of mass for it to overcome the strongest force which is the Strong Nuclear force. Enough small animals can bring down any larger stronger beast but that doesn't make the smaller beasts stronger.

That is very true panpareil but as you have stated gravity is the weakest force and it takes massive amounts of mass for it to overcome the strongest force which is the Strong Nuclear force. Enough small animals can bring down any larger stronger beast but that doesn't make the smaller beasts stronger.

Agreed, but part of what Youch originally stated was the extent of the the influence of gravity in shaping the universe. And while the strong force is stronger, its range is small and does not equal the influence that gravity has in creating the larger structures of the universe.

• 3 weeks later...

ah...but have you seen what happens to a spider when it stumbles into a wasp's nest? :shok::rofl:

The bottom line, imho, is Balance, like Von was describing....sort of....if anything (and everything) is out of balance too much one side of the scale or other...everything is unbalanced and not free floating. If all there was was love we would have no concept of "indifference", the same as if everything were hate.

Like the Universe itself, from chaos comes order, so must our emotions be in balance. Science refers to the "Goldie-locks Zone" when describing the perfect conditions for Life in any solar system...and what is that zone? Balance.

Therefore, it seems to me that everything from our emotions to the grandest stage of all, the Universe, must be in balance for anything to live, thus we have a physical dimension for our spiritual energy to survive in. When the time comes we are pure spiritual energy, I'm fairly certain there will be an entirely different set of physics we'll have to deal with, but again, I'm dang near 100% certain, it will also be a plane/dimension of balance.

Blessings of Peace,

Absolutely-Amen to your insight Al!

blessings and peace,

Suzanne

And where in that article does Hawking even remotely claim that Gravity is the strongest force? You know darn right well he would never make such a claim. Claiming gravity helped to form the Universe is not the same as claiming gravity is the strongest force in that Universe.

I'm not a scientist, but....

http://www.astro.princeton.edu/~dns/teachersguide/CurveUBkgd.html

http://library.thinkquest.org/27930/forces.htm

I'm just sayin'.....

• 2 weeks later...

To my observation, the strongest force in the Universe is entropy.

Entropy is a scalar quantity, not a force. It's akin to saying the strongest force in the Universe is the kilometer.

Nature shows us only the tail of the lion. But I do not doubt that the lion belongs to it even though he cannot at once reveal himself because of his enormous size.~ Albert Einstein

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, gravity is the strongest energy in the universe.

Love is just an emotion. A damn good one, but nothing that shapes planets and solar systems......

Actually you are incorrect. Gravity is the weakest of the fundamental forces in the Universe and that is why it can be overcome so easily. I can merely jump and defy the gravity that is being exerted on me by the whole Earth....not very strong now is it.

Not incorrect at all......gravity has shaped our entire universe, the shape of solar systems and the planets and the dark matter in between. Nothing has shaped our galaxy, or our universe, more than gravity. Don't take my word for it (nobody does), look it up yourself!!

That you can jump does not defy this at all, and does not prove love is more powerful than gravity.

You think love shapes planets? What do you suppose shapes galaxies? Hint: gravity.......

It is not impressive when you assert a member is wrong, then when presented with contrary evidence, ignore it. Did you think I would forget?

I'm not picking a fight, I just assumed you'd finish the dialog.

You still want to assert gravity is not the strongest force in the universe? I hate to say it, but given your proclivities, I must say, PROVE IT.

By the way, I learned that gravity is the strongest force in the universe by reading and listening to Hawking. I'm not qualified in any other way to make such an assertion. But argue against him if you must......

Edited by Youch

It is not impressive when you assert a member is wrong, then when presented with contrary evidence, ignore it. Did you think I would forget?

I'm not picking a fight, I just assumed you'd finish the dialog.

You still want to assert gravity is not the strongest force in the universe? I hate to say it, but given your proclivities, I must say, PROVE IT.

By the way, I learned that gravity is the strongest force in the universe by reading and listening to Hawking. I'm not qualified in any other way to make such an assertion. But argue against him if you must......

"In fact, Gravitational force is 10 thousand billion billion billion billion times weaker than the Electromagnetic force. Well, it sort of makes sense because if the Gravitational force were stronger than the Electromagnetic one, we would fall right through the floor!"

I think the fact your brain hasn't been pulled through the carpet fibers proves it.

Edited by Fawzo

It would seem that there is no force that can thwart gravity from creating a black hole. It also seems to operate at vast distances, farther then any other force.

Of course.

"In fact, Gravitational force is 10 thousand billion billion billion billion times weaker than the Electromagnetic force. Well, it sort of makes sense because if the Gravitational force were stronger than the Electromagnetic one, we would fall right through the floor!"

I think the fact your brain hasn't been pulled through the carpet fibers proves it.

Please cite your opposition to Hawking. I am merely a conduit in this conversation...... As are you, it seems...

• Amulet locked this topic