Charters

Rev. Troy Natereli

I was wondering how do we go about getting chartered by ULC, do we request it from Medesto or do we goto the monistary or there is another ULC listed as the "world headquarters)? Just looking for clarification. I asked some time ago and was told to look at web store but didnt see any type charter forms there in the 6 on the site.

Well that depends on which one you want to be linked to. The orginal ULC founded by Kirby Hensley is the one in Modesto. The other two are break away churches.

For the charter...

Order the blank one here: http://ulchqcom.ipower.com/osCommerce/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=57

Pay the fee by ordering the completed charter here: http://ulchqcom.ipower.com/osCommerce/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=58

there are also some general forms available as well.

• Administrator

Thank you, I will be ordering the Charter from here that I asure you. Now with the charter does that cover us on being Non profit?

No. Even with a charter it does not extend to you any benefits of incorporation or legal status at all. In fact, I am not really sure what the charter really does for you now. I think it is a little outdated.

I would appreciate any information anyone has regarding what benefit the charter actually does for congregations now. Murph?

• Administrator

And our we alllowed to use the ulc logo and statements and such

Unless it has changed, you are allowed to use the 'We Are One' logo found at http://www.ulchq.com but not any logo found it any other ULC site, without permission.

The statements, generally, can be restated if found on that same site, but not on any other site. Use common sense, as usual.

The "We are One" logo is expressly allowed to be used.

ULC LOGO

The ULC logo is our symbol of identification and is placed on all of the church's literature.

We are very proud of our logo. It tells everyone that "we are one" family, it represents all

the people of the world. We have had many comments on it over the years. Many of our

churches have seals made using our logo and put it on their literature, some have it put on a

rubber stamp. Show your participation in the church, display our Logo.

Source:ULC Textbook

• 4 weeks later...

I made my own charter, but did not go for the tax exempt status under the IRS 105 c 3 guidlines. As a church, I lose about $20. a month and am more interested in just breaking even than making alot of money, therefore Paying for a tax exempt is not a consern especially when you don't leagaly need it. I do keep really good financial records in case I am ever auteded and I work with other churches and non profit (105 c 3 ) places that can vairafy information like what was purchased for there programs or food pantries. I made the bylaws so I was toatally responcible if anyone tried to cause trouble for the group eventhough I have an (unafishal) councel. I also put in rules so if the next generation took over, they would not be able to become a big organization and the chances for corruption in the future would be limited.

Sorry abouut spelling, I'm dislexic and the spell check will not work.

• 2 weeks later...

I also put in rules so if the next generation took over,

they would not be able to become a big organization

and the chances for corruption in the future would be limited.

Sorry about spelling, I'm dyslexic and the spell check will not work.

For a dyslexic, guidance, I think you have done a fine job, indeed.

And your vision for the possible work of "future generations"

shows both foresight ... and Wisdom.

Best regards,

Hex