Baby Fox Pup

BpCorey

Sure, they're cute at that age... the only problem is those cute little fox cubs grow up to be vandalistic varmints.

I've noticed the same holds true for a lot of people, cute little babies often grow up to be vandalistic adults :)

DogBaby.jpg

Notice the resemblance?

Foxes do what foxes do. It is not vandalistic to seek food or shelter...even if it happens to be my chicken coop. Urban sprawl leaves them little options but to adapt to the environment imposed upon them. In the eyes of the fox (and many other displaced creatures) we are the antagonists and vandals. I see what they see.

True, Dan, evil hides easily behind a smile. And you're right too, To`na. Our urban/suburban sprawl has forced them to adapt to our presence, but because food and shelter are easier to secure close to human habitats than in the wild, they take advantage of our presence and it has resulted in their increased numbers. I was playing nice when I said they were merely vandals, they are also wanton killers (killing 10 rabbits but only eating 1).... BTW, did I mention that they make really warm outer wear? (Just stirring the pot, folks.)

Cute picture, regardless of what it grows up to be. From the collar and smiling "dad", I'd say this one will be next to Fido at the food dish.

And of course, that is why all babies are cute!! To keep the adults from strangling them at an early age until they are "lernt better".

It is a shame we have such problems as urban sprawl to deal with and is just one more reason why I'm convinced this would be such a great planet...if it weren't for all the danged people on it!! Myself included, about 6 BILLION less would be a good start towards healing our Mother, Giana!

Blessings of Peace,

Just a side thought, has anyone ever wondered what the biggest cause of overpopulation is?

Is it birth control or modern medicine?

I personally think it's the latter. When a shade lees than half, yes half, of the births ended in death by age 3 prior to the 19th century CE, population crawled upwards. Added with plagues and epidemics the overall population of "mankind" was fairly stable for many millennium...then we came up with "vaccines", "antiseptics" and "blood letting" was seen as bad. So it's all Joe Lister and Louie Pasteur's fault!! The population has grown 5 fold since penicillin and "Listerineā„¢" has been around (<150 years)...and we say it's the "fox's fault for wanting in our chicken coop"!! Ha! Dr. Louie and Dr. Joe gave 'em the key! Once again people causing the real problem, not animals!

It is a shame we have such problems as urban sprawl to deal with and is just one more reason why I'm convinced this would be such a great planet...

if it weren't for all the danged people on it!! ... about 6 BILLION (fewer) would be a good start towards healing our Mother, (Gaia)!

I still have trouble wrapping me around the fact that there are

more than THREE TIMES as many people living on planet earth

than there were during the year that I was graduated from high school (1962).

Over-population by our species is, imho, the single greatest threat posed to our biosphere.

And it is not a "coming threat" there are already way-too-many of us.

If we don't fix this, Mother Nature will. She always does.