Little Lulu

grateful

so my little cat lucy has been a bit peekish for the last week or so - just seemed "off" - but was eating, drinking, socializing and using the litter box, so I didn't really give it much thought

last night I picked her up and she felt like a feather in a cat suit

the vet told us this morning that she has a large, most probably malignant mass on her liver

I thought she might have had a virus of some sort or her food wasn't agreeing with her; now the sad spiral begins

talk about being blindsided on an idle monday morning...

I am so sorry to hear of little Lucy's illness, Grateful, and I can sympathize with you over the distress you certainly feel at the prospect of losing a beloved member of your family..... Over the years several of our pets have developed feline lukemia and had to be put down, and the ache in our hearts is only soothed and comforted by the many memories we share of their antics when they were with us. My prayers will include you and your family. God bless!

thank you songster

the only solace is, as you say, all the happy memories with little lu :chococat_h4h:

I picked her up when she was eight weeks old, she's been a part of our family for almost eight years now ..

she's a lovely little spirit, and will surely be missed

(we're in that "what the hell do we do now phase", sort of wait and see, and monitor for pain and quality of life, ugh)

Oh Grateful...I'm so, so sorry to hear about Lulu.

You should know our hearts and prayers are with all of you, especially your little Lulu. I find words failing right now as we know the strong attachment to pets is something that makes times like this so incredibly difficult. Many blessings of Healing and Wellness go her way from all of us here.

Blessings of Peace,

Oh my! I am so sad to hear of this! We had three cats and lost our last one "Louie" a bit over a year ago at the age of 22. We swore, "NO MORE CATS!!".....until Mai Tai was saved from the jaws of a pit bull when he was about 4 weeks old....Now, a year later he is a firm member of our family. I will carry your little four-legged into the Medicine Wheel and pray she has a gentle transition into the spirit world.

thank you so much, reval and to'na! your prayers and blessings mean alot..

I can't believe she won't be coming with us (well, maybe she will - we're not going to rush "her time" for our convenience)

her little life, so fleeting from where I sit now - and the little things, like how much she loved her dog nori, and how nori doted on her bossy little kitten, how she loved to sit in the garden with the dogs and how she greeted me every afternoon after work by sitting next to me and meowing about her day

I remember the morning I went to get her, I mean the morning I went to get the little male black persian, and how he hid behind a cushion and she came out like the dancing frog in the top hat in the warner brothers cartoon opening...pick me! pick me! so I did..

she has character, and spunk and she will be sorely missed

(she's still acting pretty "normal" :cloud9: )

The way the world should be!post-11015-0-88805400-1327416380_thumb.j

When we find out a pets life is nearing the end is the sadest time for us pet lovers, glad you can focus on those special memories, I love that you picked the dancing frog act

My heart goes out to her and all who love her.

that is gorgeous and ty!!

grateful, I also offer my support at this unhappy time. Our four-legged family members can be no less precious to us because they shed on the furniture.

I lost a childhood friend to very much the same situation you are facing. She was 17 - a long life for a cat - but it's always too soon.

My best wishes to you and your family.

Peace.

Rev.John

~ I'm so sorry Hon :wub: :wub: :wub:

My mother once told me, "The reason they have such short lives is so we can love more of them." It didn't help at the time I lost my dear friend...

But it made sense later.

You have my sympathies for all of you! :friends: :friends: :friends:

thank you all so much for your kindness, understanding and prayers ... they mean alot

(revjohn, our philosophy is - that's why they call it fur-niture!)

it looks like we may be heading out by february first; with her vet's blessing, I'm going to bring her if she can make the trip

even though it may be a little hard for her, I just can't conceive of letting her go now for our convenience or leaving her behind with family or friends

I want what is best for her but she IS part of our family and I feel very strongly that we need to stick together, sad times

qryos, your mother was a wise woman! I remember my first little gordon pup who left me way too young, but in his honor my fourth rescued gordon is curled up next to me - and I KNOW he won't be the last!