Signing Off For Good

Rev. Jerry,

I was going to reply to your plea in the thread you started but was un-able to do so. I am sorry to hear of your problems and sincerely wish I could help you and your family in your time of need. My current situation, however, is not that far removed from your own and I cannot make a financial contribution at this time. If you have not applied for public assistance (as humiliating and degrading as that process may be), I recommend that you seek help (especially in securing the medical attention your condition requires asap). There are also other agencies that may be able to assist you. The Salvation Army will aid in paying past-due utility bills (apply asap as funds are limited and allocated on a first-come-first-served basis). Good Will gladly supplies clothing to those in need, and there are many churches that will contribute food. I will keep you in my prayers. God bless!

Rev. Jerry,

I was going to reply to your plea in the thread you started but was un-able to do so. I am sorry to hear of your problems and sincerely wish I could help you and your family in your time of need. My current situation, however, is not that far removed from your own and I cannot make a financial contribution at this time. If you have not applied for public assistance (as humiliating and degrading as that process may be), I recommend that you seek help (especially in securing the medical attention your condition requires asap). There are also other agencies that may be able to assist you. The Salvation Army will aid in paying past-due utility bills (apply asap as funds are limited and allocated on a first-come-first-served basis). Good Will gladly supplies clothing to those in need, and there are many churches that will contribute food. I will keep you in my prayers. God bless!

Rev. Jerry, I wish to "echo" 100% what my friend, Songster, has said here. I have been away from the forum for the last couple of days, so I have no idea what unfortunate developments Songster is alluding to, but I will send thoughts and prayers your way,

Hex

Rev. Jerry started a thread yesterday that included a plea for assistance for himself and his family. (I think I read somewhere in the rules that we're not supposed to use this forum to solicit donations.) I had read the post and was composing a reply when the thread went "poof" and disappeared. Jerry started this thread a couple minutes later.

Edited by Songster

• Administrator

Rev. Jerry started a thread yesterday that included a plea for assistance for himself and his family. (I think I read somewhere in the rules that we're not supposed to use this forum to solicit donations.) I had read the post and was composing a reply when the thread went "poof" and disappeared. Jerry started this thread a couple minutes later.

yes. I made the thread invisible and sent him a message explaining that it was a violation of forum policies. He hasn't responded.

yes. I made the thread invisible and sent him a message explaining that it was a violation of forum policies. He hasn't responded.

I'd bet real money that you never do.

As a veteran of message boards myself, I've run across this kind of thing a lot. It's a pity, but there are opportunists - and con artists - everywhere, and we need to be watchful.

Peace.

Rev.John

I

I'd bet real money that you never do.

As a veteran of message boards myself, I've run across this kind of thing a lot. It's a pity, but there are opportunists - and con artists - everywhere, and we need to be watchful.

Peace.

Rev.John

So, John..... are you making an accusation? Have you proof? Or just casting aspersions? I think we should give the man the benefit of the doubt. A man in need will look EVERYWHERE for help.

So, John..... are you making an accusation? Have you proof? Or just casting aspersions? I think we should give the man the benefit of the doubt. A man in need will look EVERYWHERE for help.

good post, Songster.

I cast no blame, and in fact didn't even issue a warning for the infraction, which by all rights I could have done. I understand that these are very tough times, but I can't allow solicitations. It protects our members.

Then I offer my apologies. I meant no offense.

This individual's actions conform to a pattern I have experience with, and with the discovery of this thread my experience led me to question his sincerity. While it truly saddens me, and I'd like to be wrong, I felt that as a conscientious member of this forum I should not keep silent when I see a red flag raised.

If similar circumstances arise in the future, I will more carefully consider whether I should post.

Peace.

Rev.John

I can't answer that question, Hyper..... but his previous posts reveal to me that he is seeking (like most of us) to increase his knowledge of himself and his fellow man, and to improve his relationship with his Creator. I sincerely hope he will return.

In that case why did he leave?

After murph eplained soliiting was not alowed he could have said "OK, I understand that" and stay around. Call me cynical, I think it is more likely he thought: "I join this forum, post a posting or two not to make it too obvious and then post what I came to do here".

If he was truly seeking spiritual help, methinks he would have stayed around. he is not the only one in dire straights or, at least, financial difficulty on this forum. The abrupt departure gives me the same vibes as hyperreal (and others). Sad, because, if his need was truthful, he may have gotten some positive direction through the sharing of our members.

If he was truly seeking spiritual help, methinks he would have stayed around. he is not the only one in dire straights or, at least, financial difficulty on this forum. The abrupt departure gives me the same vibes as hyperreal (and others). Sad, because, if his need was truthful, he may have gotten some positive direction through the sharing of our members.

Actually on another thread he requested the admins keep him active. Post #181 on "Returning and lurking members.

Edited by To`na Wanagi