Does One Mourn When One's Children Are Born?

Songster

The Good Rabbi posed this question in a recent post, and I think that the Question deserves examination without hijacking the other thread. This is my answer to the question, Rabbi.

We play Creator when we procreate, endeavoring to shape and mold our Hopes into "New and Improved" models of ourselves. The Gift of Life is an unquestioned Miracle, a blessing bearing an eternal responsibility..... Our children hold the Bond on our Bodies and Souls, and we are bound to preserve their existence and insure their survival with our last breath and with every fiber of our being.... Their Soul development also demands we assume godlike attributes, imparting knowledge, demanding compliance, but always Forgiving whenever they err.... not even the Fear of the Unknown and the certainty of Death dampens the Euphoria experienced when one first basks in their child's presence. Even the pain of a passing pales in comparison to the joy of a birth.

Anybody else have a take on this?

Edited by Songster

We play Creator when we procreate, endeavoring to shape and mold our Hopes into "New and Improved" models of ourselves.

I hope this does not come over as nitpicking to you but I believe we do not create anything.

I believe that all live that exists is God's work we cannot ourselves create life.

I believe we do not own our Children, frankly I think we do not own anything, all is God's.

~ Ummm...

Oh! It's freakin' miraculous when a child is born, that's for sure!!! When you're involved with it.

When my children took their first breaths, yep, the World held it's for that moment. I felt Life become there.

Billions of humans. Trillions of other mammals. Uncountable amounts of Life upon this planet... & deaths.

{ The turn-over, that's the key! ;) }

As beings it's our job to procreate just like every other animal on this planet. Raise them safely so they can too.

Teaching them to seek & explore & expand their own & other's understanding & comprehension of this existence is a plus of being human.

:dntknw:

I hope this does not come over as nitpicking to you but I believe we do not create anything.

I believe that all live that exists is God's work we cannot ourselves create life.

I believe we do not own our Children, frankly I think we do not own anything, all is God's.

I seem to recall a contradiction to these statements in another thread....I believe it was "Are children a burden?" (which I have been unable to locate) in which you declared that not only children, (specifically females) but women also were: first, the possession of their fathers, and second, then owned by their husbands.

In life there is always hope,

we hope we can fix the mistakes we believe our parents made,

or we hope we can do the job as well as they did

We hope they live happy long lives

We hope the world is kind to them

I find no way to mourn Hope

and now that I have also become a grandmother (6 times over) I can say for sure no mourning has taken place

I think that Qryos might have meant misogynist instead of misanthrope.

Also, I remember that thread you are talking about To'na and Hyper was expressing what he thought "God" wanted not what Hyper felt was right or good.

Edited by Decline

• 4 months later...

The Good Rabbi posed this question in a recent post, and I think that the Question deserves examination without hijacking the other thread. This is my answer to the question, Rabbi.

We play Creator when we procreate, endeavoring to shape and mold our Hopes into "New and Improved" models of ourselves. The Gift of Life is an unquestioned Miracle, a blessing bearing an eternal responsibility..... Our children hold the Bond on our Bodies and Souls, and we are bound to preserve their existence and insure their survival with our last breath and with every fiber of our being.... Their Soul development also demands we assume godlike attributes, imparting knowledge, demanding compliance, but always Forgiving whenever they err.... not even the Fear of the Unknown and the certainty of Death dampens the Euphoria experienced when one first basks in their child's presence. Even the pain of a passing pales in comparison to the joy of a birth.

Anybody else have a take on this?

Do you have children? If so, is this how you describe your parenting role and obiligation?

Do you have children?

Yes, I do. We were blessed with 5 kids... 2 girls and 3 boys, who have presented us with 8 grandkids (5 girls, 3 boys), soon to be 10 total, as we're expecting 2 more girls by the end of August.

If so, is this how you describe your parenting role and obiligation?

Yes, I'd say it's an accurate (if abbreviated) account of my perception of my parental responsibility.

Edited by Songster

Yes, I do. We were blessed with 5 kids... 2 girls and 3 boys, who have presented us with 8 grandkids (5 girls, 3 boys), soon to be 10 total, as we're expecting 2 more girls by the end of August.

Yes, I'd say it's an accurate (if abbreviated) account of my perception of my parental responsibility.

Interesting....

What was your stance about population control again?

I don't recall ever having expessed an opinion on population control. If you're asking about my opinion on abortion.... you'll find my opinion clearly stated in the thread dealing with that topic.

Edited by Songster

• Amulet locked this topic