Dressing Up The Dog For A Holiday - Opposed?

grateful

my current clown prince seems to enjoy "wearing stuff" ala reindeer ears or festive (silly) collars

(I have a treasured pic of my now deceased dad and himself wearing reindeer ears with a seriousness that defies logic...)

my bear would let me know clearly when she wasn't of a mind, she wasn't interested in dress-up

My wife and I were visiting our friends- Stan and Rhonda- yesterday evening. While we were there, their dog ("Skank") brought me his Santa hat. When I put it on him, he started prancing around showing everybody. You could tell that he liked wearing it. He had been wearing for about an hour when his "Uncle D" (Stan's brother) came in. Skank went over to greet him, wagging his tail and throwing his head back and forth (making the hat flop around). Uncle D looked at the dog, shook his head, and said "Skank, you look like a little girl with that silly hat on!" Skank immediately quit wagging his tail, gave a snort, and pulled the hat off with his paw. I laughed so hard my sides hurt! Despite continued efforts to put the hat back on him, Skank refused to wear it.

my rotten Chihuahua likes some things and really dislikes others, we are in jacksonville al where the college mascott is a gamecock, we have a chicken suit that he hates, but he has a pirate hat and a santa hat he LOVES, Bama hoody (now too small) he loved (it came off a teddy bear) but go near him with the superdog cape and he growls , Yes they know and they care, If they like it I say let them wear it but if they don't take it off, maybe after a photo LOL

Poodles were the only creatures bred to wear costumes!

My aunt (Dad's sis) who passed away in the 80's is thought to have been sent to "Poodle Hell", where she will be tormented for eternity for the ridiculous outfits she made her five different sized Poodles wear...she had three males and two females of "strong lineage" that she bred out. She wondered why my cousin got into so much trouble...in '72 when he wanted to borrow $800 to buy his first car (he had the other $700-800) she refused because she had to have "Princess Glorivina"...a $1,500.00 tea cup poodle..in 1972!!! Yes, the Lord does work in mysterious ways as the Princess bred only once, miscarried and passed away a few weeks later from complications...that I believe our Buddhist friends would call karma!!

My cousin paid off the van after getting bank finance (co-signed by my wonderful Uncle Charlie who passed last year) and drove it until 1983!

Blessings be...leave the real dogs alone mit der costumes und der fancy-smancy schtuff! Ja?

• 4 weeks later...

~ Gorgo, { Mom a pure English bulldog, big darn dog! & dad a humongous rottweiller, made a big beautiful scary-lookin' brindle baby ;) } just loved wearing t-shirts!

He was a goof-ball. Put a shirt on him & he just laughed all day. Seriously, he giggled like a little girl! "Brrff brrf brrf! " Strutted in front of the mirror :rofl:

Miss that big silly dog... Sweetest thing ever with people, anyone. But any dog messed with him? It was on.

My friend had a small terrier that attacked Gorgo, broke skin. Gorgo didn't break skin, just nibbled that dog down to whimpers...

The vet was surprised no broken bones, just everything bruised.

Gorgo was chained to a 20-ft motor home at the time & moved it 4 ft.

A pack of feral dogs once surrounded our car in a canyon { ya can Google Topanga Canyon if ya want, it's a problem there} & he leapt out the window;

That dog took on 8 dogs & won with a "I'm a kick-ass dog!" strut back to the car. He enjoyed a fight. & drooling on babies :shades2:

My husband wouldn't let me get a costume for our little Tooy, but now our Grandbabe knows they have them, the nag is on! :lol:

{ Tooy's the size of a cat, if. He was made to be a costume character! }

I love telling dog stories, that's the working title of the book I planned to write someday

it is not just in the telling of the dog story, but how telling they usually are....

gorgos' has a great dog story, t shirt wearin', silly, lovely and rightious guy that he was