As We Were Meant To Be

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Jews living in exile for about 2000 years is nothing to skimp over, or worse, forget about.

I think it is real suffering. At least, I think, for observing Jews, I do not speak of those who wallow in worldly wealth and forget about God.

Does one mourn when one's children are born? After all, by giving them birth, one decrees a sentence of death upon them.

No, as Kohelet says - לכל זמן

To everything there is a season.

The yearning for Zion was very real, never forgotten, but to deny joy, to engage in perpetual mourning to the exclusion of all else, is the antithesis of Judaism. That kind of attitude is fundamentally life denying.

Let me say that I certainly see your point.

As even the down and out deserve a party once in awhile.

I though, lost my patience with God sometime ago.

I party with the serpents and I do not care if it angers God, as he can kill my body and soul but not my spirit.

Edited by hyperreal

I party with the serpents and I do not care if it angers God, as he can kill my body and soul but not my spirit.

I think that your under-estimating God, your spirit isn't out of His reach. The second death is a spiritual one.

You may have lost your patience with God, but luckily He is long suffering towards you and me. For a while anyhow.

I think that your under-estimating God, your spirit isn't out of His reach. The second death is a spiritual one.

You may have lost your patience with God, but luckily He is long suffering towards you and me. For a while anyhow.

First of all I thank you for your reply.

Am I under-estimating God?

Yes, I believe that must be logically true, perhaps he is testing me.

I sense God's work and treasure his followers, Christian, Jew and Muslim alike, I feel his 'blanket': he does care but he is not impartial and not perfect and his power is, evidently to me, limited.

Standing opposed to God does give one a perspective and a very different insight into God's work through man. Can the fish see the water?

Edited by hyperreal

"As we were meant to be" originally opened the question of gender identity and orientation....Anyone ever heard of the Barramundi fish in Australia? They are all born male and when they reach about two feet in length they become female....Just as all human fetuses begin as female and evolve in the womb to become whatever they become by wherever their cells have determined to land.

• 4 months later...

Good question. It's kind of a twist on the usual answers to the old question of theodicy; How can a good and all-powerful God allow bad things to happen? The usual answers are related to limits on God's power and knowledge, but you're going for the 3rd part of the question and basically saying that bad things don't really happen - it just seems that way. Which, to me, seems like a pretty good way to go.

But my answer would not be that I don't know the all powerful, all knowing, Omniscient Mind. I solve the dilemma for myself with the belief that there are, in fact, things that are definitely wrong, but that the ultimate power in the universe isn't an Omniscient Mind at all. I think that we've personified God and created "him" in our image, and that's been the source of a whole bucket full of theological problems.

I agree. The Unity behind existence, must be beyond all dualities -- including good and evil. IMO.

• Amulet locked this topic