Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Songster

The Various ULC Sites, a Quote From Andre Hensley

5 posts in this topic

OK, Andre just sent his permission, so here it is in it's entirety.......

Sent by me-

Sir, I am ordained through ULC and am writing for some clarification. When I Google ULC, I receive several options, all claiming to be THE ULC. I would like you to review the following list of sites and advise me which sites are affiliated with your organization.

(NOTE- I have not included the questioned listings here in this post as they are all listed in Andre's answer.)

Andre's answer-

Robert,

I hope this will answer your questions.

The www.ulchq.com is our official site here in Modesto CA for the Universal Life Church Inc. International Headquarters. The www.ulc.net is our authorized site operated a minister of our church Pastor Kevin Andrews. It has been our authorized site for over 10 years.

The site www.ulchq.org is not affiliated with our church. The Monastery owns that domain name along with about 200 other domains with similar names to other churches intended to confuse people.

The site www.ulcseminary.org is one by a minister of our church Rev. Amy Long for her ministry.

The site www.universalministries.com is a separate organization in Milford IL operated by Rev. Doug Hickman. He was a minister of our church and then created this organization. For a while he was sending us ministers to be ordained in both churches until he decided to separate from us.

The site www.spiritualhumanism.org states it is in Pennsylvania. I am not sure who operates that site. I do know that they stated they have purchased the Progressive Universal Life Church (PULC) domain name, but they do not have the records from them.

We are the ULC Headquarters here in Modesto CA. We are the original Church and our official website is www.ulchq.com. The only other ULC Headquarters authorized site is www.ulc.net and operated by Pastor Kevin Andrews in Folsom CA.

The ULC Seminary is a site that is operated by a minister of our church for her ministry. It is not an official ULC Headquarters site, but a known site and we do have a good working relationship. She offers to accept and forward to us ordination requests on her site to be ordained by our church. The only ULC Headquarters item that she offers on her site is to order an original Ministers certificate from us for those that request it. All of the other items are from her.

The former ulc.org site was started in 1995 by one of our ministers Brother Dan Zimmerman for his congregation called Universal Life Church/ULC Monastery, Inc. in Tucson AZ. He requested to be authorized to accept and forward to us ordination requests received on his site to be ordained by our church. We granted that authorization. In 2005 he asked one of his members to assist with operating part of the site from Seattle WA. In 2006 they had an internal management dispute that will take court legal action to resolve. So Brother Dan did the responsible thing and closed the ulc.org site on 08/01/06. At that time our authorization to them was revoked. Since then the part in Seattle has done a "hostile takeover" of the ulc.org site and changed it to be themonastery.org and are calling themselves Universal Life Church Monastery Storehouse, Inc. They are a separate organization that is NOT AFFILIATED WITH US. They imply that they are in order to confuse people into ordering from them. They have only been in existence since 09/06 and they are back dating credentials to years before they even started. Plus the ministers are receiving incorrect certificates from a church that they were not even ordained by.

If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

Thank you,

Andre Hensley

Edited by Songster

That's okay. That is exactly what I wanted to see, practically to the letter.

Thank you, songster.

Good one Songster, perhaps we should just link this to any and all who ask, eh Murph?

Good one Songster, perhaps we should just link this to any and all who ask, eh Murph?

Why not forward this letter to themonastery.org so they can get the facts?