Very Sick Individuals

I suppose we can all ask for our individual needs and for illness and dis-ease etc I suppose that is the right thing to do. Kay and I had almost the worse of any fear (besides what we're already dealing with) come true 2a.m. Saturday morning by very sick individuals with a Home Invasion/Burglary in our home.

Gone in less than 3 minutes: her laptop (5yrs old and dying), timer for her meds, a pack of cigs and lighter...she spooked whoever it was by coming into the living room from the hallway and only heard the front screen slam. By the time I got out there from the back bedroom/office, no one, nothing, zero on street, behind houses or in alleyways...GONE! All items were on/by her recliner, she was even online and was out of her chair for maybe 5 minutes to use bathroom. Total value, maybe $100 and to trade for drugs, maybe $20 to some street level dealer. The most insane part...a partial prescription bottle of pain meds sitting next to her cigs on the table between our chairs...10 times more street value than what they took!! The only reason they could have missed it was when bending over to grab cigs, the lamp shade obscured the view enough to block out bottle of meds. (We figured that out re-enacting the crime for the cop )

They stepped in the front door, which was locked, but due to weather had not gotten pushed tight, grabbed and ran.

I can't think of anything more aggravating or scary than thieves in one's home in the middle of the night while you're THERE! Then of course there is the feeling of being so violated and intruded on. Through the neighbors, not the cops, we learned there's been several such invasions over the past year by very brazen individuals. It seems it's a pair of fellows.

To top off the this horror and add insult to injury, after 12 years of separation, Kay's sister came for the weekend with her 30 year old, Momma's boy, son. Nice visit until after they left only to find out he had taken several "shiny objects". Insignificant things, but after hearing his Auntie describe the invasion that happened just ten hours before they arrived, and then to do such a punk thing....what IS this world coming to. It just shows even family contains the dark side of humanity?

The anger and frustration we feel, with everything else going on in our lives, is enough to make me want to demand legislation for instant execution, upon capture, of any thief or low life of any type. "Do the world a favor!" type vigilante justice....BUT....(big but there) no. Wonton vigilantism and personal vengeance is no better than the crimes committed against us, or anyone. It also makes me wish I never got rid of my arsenal, but what good would it have done here? None. In all reality, if I still had all the firearms I use to, chances are I would have had either my .45 or .44 Mag by my chair...and no one needs another one of those loose in the hands of criminals on our streets.

The range of emotions one feels after such events is enough to make us want to do crazy things, instead....

I'm asking, as I did a few years ago, that we pray for Peace and Spiritual healing of the world we live in.

Kay lost her Uncle Gray, age 84 and one super decent human being, on Wednesday, Nov. 23, then this incident, then her nephew's pettiness all on top of her existing health situation. Any additional prayers for her would be greatly appreciated and I thank the many who have kept her in their thoughts already...I REALLY appreciate it...needless to say all these things happening at once, she feels it's "personal" and no matter what I say....well I'm certain y'all understand! Just thanks is all I can say! By your unselfish thoughts and giving of healing energy it gives Hope which is one of the Great Healers.

Blessings of Peace,

Al

As I have said many times, this world suffers from a soul-sickness which is caused by a spiritual blight, an absence of spirit. But as many of our world sages have prophesied it would be, so it is. Why are we surprised? And their end will also come, as will ours. May the Will of the Great Spirit be revealed, be known, and be done....God's Peace.....To`na Wanagi

So sorry to hear, AL and Kay.

We have an old saying in Ireland to cover this sort of horrible happening - may all your bad luck go with

all that was taken.

Same thing happened to me last march at start of my illness last march , at my previous address - they broke

in through sun room at back of house - when I arrived, think I may have surprised them, as I saw car pull away

- they just took spare mobile phone , and a good camera which my son bought me as a birthday present. Miss

that, just because he gave it, not for value.

I pray you both get over it swiftly. The Eternals Peace be with you both.

Warm Regards to you both.

John.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts...let's just keep all of our prayers going towards Peace on this crazy Blue Bubble in space.

Our story is no different that thousands of other people in Central Calif and across the nation. As we get closer to Christmas, it unfortunately will only get worse, after all, we wouldn't want thieves to not have a good Christmas now would we? <add sarcasm tone)

I'm installing new locks and other security devices and helping our neighbor do the same.

Blessings of Peace,

Sorry to hear that Al. Man, it's onething after another for you folks. Im gonna have to step up the praying! Seriously, home invasion really makes us feel vulnerable and violated. And the way things are going, its gonna get worse. We need to pray for each other's safety as well as the spiritual healing.

Peace to you and your house.

RR

the locks on my truck don't work,so the neighborhood rats got in it and stole the albutrol i keep in the glove compartment in case of emergency.

if they needed it,i would have given it to them.however,if they think they can inhale it and get a buzz,they are saddly mistaken.

Sorry to hear that Al. Man, it's onething after another for you folks. Im gonna have to step up the praying! Seriously, home invasion really makes us feel vulnerable and violated. And the way things are going, its gonna get worse. We need to pray for each other's safety as well as the spiritual healing.

Peace to you and your house.

RR

It has been a rough year for sure, one that I could easily hit "rewind" on if I had a choice. It's my Kay I worry the most about as to top off everything else, her sister and 30 yr old nephew came down Sat/Sun for the first visit in 12 years...and what does the "reformed" nephew do? Takes Kay's nightlight...a $2 mini-flashlight she uses for finding meds in the middle of the night!!! After hearing we had just been home invaded 12 hours before they got here and then for him to do that???

:boom:

It's NOT the stupid little gizmo, it's the Principle of the matter! He has Warburg Syndrome, OCD and ADD, but still no excuse for bad behavior though he uses his "condition" like a "Stay out of trouble card". And after a dozen e-mails, chats on-line and a letter all with Kay's sis telling her how much her "boy" had grown into a "man"...ggrrrrrr!

yet another reason that I live on base.

Oh I long to return to those days! I always had a good time in base barracks or onboard the Oki, never could justify living off base until I got married and wife wouldn't put up with so many noses up her business. We lived onbase for 2 months and then got a nice little duplex 20 mins from base.

the locks on my truck don't work,so the neighborhood rats got in it and stole the albutrol i keep in the glove compartment in case of emergency.

if they needed it,i would have given it to them.however,if they think they can inhale it and get a buzz,they are saddly mistaken.

Unfortunately it's not for the "Albute" rush, it's for the opening of airway/lungs especially for crack to give a harder hitting/faster high. They take 2-3 good pulls off the inhaler then hit the crack pipe, supposedly gives a real wham-bam of a toke. A full inhaler of Albuterol can go for as much as $50 on the street. Saw that on one of the cop shows.

A few months ago, an article in our local paper was about kids having to keep their asthma inhalers in the nurse's office because of being "robbed" of their inhaler medications. Other students hikacking the Albuterol and...oh I forget now... the "other" one..."Pre..." "phe.." from asthmatic kids....all for a "better high" that could seriously injure or kill a asthmatic, if they needed it and didn't have it to use. I find it amazing how "my high" is more important than "your health" to these %#!*%&$^ street trash. It's a mentality like that, or should I say lack of?, that just sends me over the top of sanity.

Blessings of Peace,

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

All in all we've recovered fairly well from this terrible invasion of our serenity. Not only have we replaced the missing items, thanks renter's insurance...sort of...$178 check :crazyeyes: and Kay is enjoying her new laptop and I bought a security system for all the doors and windows.

I honestly thought that the "SecurityManâ„¢" system would be a marginal piece of junk, but overall, it is a great value and of good quality. Though some of the components are made overseas, the assembly and packaging are done right here in the US at an extremely affordable price! (About $120 for the basic and $200 all together as I also got several extra sensors and motion detect's) A plus all the way around. So our home invasion cost us a bit of wrecked nerves, but in the end, a grand $ on the credit card (less $178 payment...hehe) solves numerous probs and a very Happy Solstice/Merry Christmas for Kay.

The detective working the case called the other day and we found out there have been several more burglaries/invasions here in our complex. We did get a good laugh out this whole thing though...the timer/alarm that Kay uses for her meds, looks very similar to one of those fancy "Razor" smart phones...ya'know the $500 gotta have intrusion in life. Well, if the punks get to make calls, it would be surprising to us all in all a 5 year old laptop, with near dead battery after only a few minutes and a $10 timer are almost worth what the pack of cigs was worth!

Overall, we're doing okay except for those noises in the middle of the night...which fortunately have mostly been the cats playing!

Thanks everyone for your prayers and well wishes, it sure helps!

Blessings of Peace,

My own spiritual belief preaches peace, non-violence, turn the other cheek, etc., but I carry a loaded hand gun with me 24/7. It is on my person or in bed with me and within reach when I shower. I unload it and leave it locked in my car when I have to approach security (airports, courthouse, police station, inside schools). An unloaded gun is a paper weight and a loaded gun is far too big a responsibility to leave laying around anywhere. Although I would probably let someone do to me what they will, I will commit the most heinous acts to protect my family. I am too old to take on a criminal unarmed. Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Peace (?)

The fear that these things cause to me is a far greater life intrusion than the acts of theft, and that the resulting negative views towards fellow humans hurts our spirits even as they are normal reactions. I have had to start over from nothing twice in my 51 years, once a former mother in law had the trailer where I had lived with her son (my husband) and two our two kids, it was in her name, we were all at his funeral at the time, he had died in a single car wreck (totalling our only car) the other time was a house fire where nobody was hurt but all was lost. Both times I was so disheartened, yet both times all turned out not just well but far better than before the loss.

I love things, photos, aniques, family herlooms, all those things that make me smile as I look around my home today, but I know with total faith that if something happened again and we lost it all, life would still just get better even if it didn't appear so right away.

The home we live in now had a security system when we bought it, even though the house was in terrible shape after a forecloser and having been vandalised, it has taken a year to remodle the place but one of the first things we removed was that system, leaving only the fire alams. This is the first place we have lived in 20 years that even has keys (or has been under 110 years old) and when we are sleeping we do lock the doors, but that is the only time.

Many factors have gone into helping me live without fear

I lived as an agoraphobic for far too many years, fear took so much I just refuse to allow it to take one second more.

Also my father died from cancer, after fighting it for 8 months

then my younger sister (40 year old mother of two) died of brain cancer after a 5 year fight for her life

Events in ones life should leave changes, and they all have for me

I do my best to ignor all the bad things life has dealt as I can not change them, often can not even fix them and I cling to all the good memories and know that life is: short, valuable, unpredictable and for me should be lived as fearless as possible.

Hope all turns out much better in the long run

On a second note, could not live even in a gated community muchless a base,I know many who do and could not live otherwise without fear but I personally couldn't trade off the freedom of being less "looked after" or as you put it having people in my bussiness LOL.

• Amulet locked this topic