Unspeakable

grateful

think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight - Albert Schweitzer

there is a photo circulating on facebook of an unspeakable act of horror visited on a dog

when I saw it, I averted my eyes, it took a minute to even read the accompanying text and frankly, I retained nothing. I will spare you the sight, I have yet to find a way to erase it from my minds eye

my initial reaction was - let that be the perpetrators fate - he chose to put explosives in a dogs mouth, that should be what he gets back..

due to wiring or environment, there is something so seriously and horribly wrong with an individual who could do such a thing

but if we spare ourselves and choose not to look, then we will not see and there will be no voices raised in horror and sadness

Edited by grateful

This is sickening....and no, I can't go look either.

I was caught completely off guard though, by the "Newsletter" one of our local shelters puts out. It was a WARNING about Craig's List, people coming to "adopt" your pet, mostly kittens and puppies. In almost all cases a rather well dressed gal or two would show up to get the pet, have a nice conversation and leave with the giver thinking they had done "good". There was an insistence by the gals getting the puppy or kitten for e-mail addy as to "give updates".

A few days later the giving person would open an e-mail to horrific pictures of their puppy or kitten being fed to large snakes, being torn apart by fighting dogs and some even worse (if you can possibly imagine) All of these were signed with a big "Happy Face" and have a nice day!

There are some sick individuals out there. Hopefully in ALL of these cases Law Enforcement can track down these $%!*#!% perpetrators through e-mail or phone or? I don't know, of course it will be difficult, but yes whether it's explosives, or these other horrific ends, the people who do such things need some instant and equivalent justice!

Blessings of Peace,

Guest ministermom

through the lump in my throat at the thought of this additional horror, I agree with you one thousand percent - as a rescuer, that would positively send me around the bend. I know you know how easily we fall in love with them, and how we see in them all the good things in this world, and how seriously we take our commitment to get them to their "real" homes....I've been duped a few times in my life, being duped in this way would literally break my heart in two

I can still see sasha's face, the little nine year old gordon I fostered in the nineties, the little pups and kittens, all joyful and silly, and my precious girl, nori, who decided she was staying..they have the same face, and I have the same love for them as the one napping beside me...

I am speechless at the very idea that someone who would find a good home for a helpless little four legged traveler would be met with this in their inbox

who raised these people? we all see horror, but only some of us can visit horror on innocents - may those that do be met with the same

Due to this warning in the Newsletter, we now have this hanging over our heads in trying to find homes for Her-Be and Turbo...we simply could not survive knowing that had happened to them. It would crush us. I e-mailed Mary Jo at our local shelter the other day asking to be kept abreast of this situation and she e-mailed back saying that one perpetrator (a young couple) had been caught early this week. (Newsletter came about 2 weeks ago) Evidently a license number on a car was taken by the people adopting out puppies in Turlock, just 10 mi North of here. The investigators are being hung up by "who" took the pics, "who" did the cruelty etc etc, just because these people got the puppy doesn't mean they did the crime!!! Legalities!!! ARRRRGGGHH!! They may be stuck with only charging the couple with "accessory animal cruelty" a small fine and no jail time as they are zipped lipped about the whole incident.

Criminals at every level are winning and it just makes me so angry. :boom:

I truly think that even "accessory" should be treated the same .... I mean they do in murder cases so why not here? This has been a "sore spot" with me since I was 8 yrs old, my very first, full on fist fight was with a ten yr old over hurting a kitten. I was so mad I won!

Not happy about this at all....I'm afraid I would be going to jail if I caught one of these little punks, laughing at the legal system and at people "hung up on animal rights" as one said during the police interview..."it's just a da**ed dog!" were two quotes in the PD report. Mary Jo has a copy of the full incident and she is helping the adopting out family represent their case...which is all tentative and "hung up" on legalities. As the couple male 20 and female 19, are not talking as to who, where, when etc. and legally the family gave up all rights to the puppy when letting it go etc etc....OH!!! This just sickens me talking about it, I better quit!

I think I speak for all of us here that this sort of crime is just so horrific that it is beyond our comprehension and ability to control emotions. How about "Just a stupid Hu-man! Execute it!" ??

Blessings of Peace,