There are coincidences, and then there are phenomena.... To which would you ascribe the following?

Everybody finds the occasional penny or nickel, but my family has been finding dimes.....

Two years ago, my wife and I lost our son, Danny. After the initial shock of his passing, the long grieving process started. We still talk to, and about, Danny every day. Anyway, a couple days after his funeral, a friend of ours was telling us that Danny would let us know when he was near by leaving a dime where we would find it. I wrote it off as a "wives tale". That day, my wife went into Dan's room alone to lay on his bed. When she she came out, she told me that she felt that Danny had been sitting next to her, and when she looked on the floor, right next to his dresser was a dime. (Dan was a "neat-freak" and would never have left one there on purpose). I didn't think anything of it, as Danny could have accidently dropped it there before he passed. The next day she went back in his room and yelled for me to come in with her. When I got there, there on the floor was another dime. Again, I didn't think it was anything, in fact, I thought it was the same dime that she had seen the day before. I picked it up and put it in my pocket, and checked the rest of the room for lose change. There was no more lose change anywhere in his room, but the next day she found another dime, this time on top of his pillow. She continues to find dimes everywhere- there were 4 more in his room, a couple in the grass next to his beach chair (Dan worshiped the sun), 5 on the bottom of the pool, it's almost everyday that she finds one. Over the last couple years, my wife has found about $10 in dimes. The other day our oldest son said he's been finding dimes too. It's strange.....but is it just coincidence? Or is Dan showing his presence?

Have you heard of this "wives tale" or witnessed a simular event?

Edited by Songster

There are coincidences, and then there are phenomena.... To which would you ascribe the following?

Everybody finds the occasional penny or nickel, but my family has been finding dimes.....

Two years ago, my wife and I lost our son, Danny. After the initial shock of his passing, the long grieving process started. We still talk to, and about, Danny every day. Anyway, a couple days after his funeral, a friend of ours was telling us that Danny would let us know when he was near by leaving a dime where we would find it. I wrote it off as a "wives tale". That day, my wife went into Dan's room alone to lay on his bed. When she she came out, she told me that she felt that Danny had been sitting next to her, and when she looked on the floor, right next to his dresser was a dime. (Dan was a "neat-freak" and would never have left one there on purpose). I didn't think anything of it, as Danny could have accidently dropped it there before he passed. The next day she went back in his room and yelled for me to come in with her. When I got there, there on the floor was another dime. Again, I didn't think it was anything, in fact, I thought it was the same dime that she had seen the day before. I picked it up and put it in my pocket, and checked the rest of the room for lose change. There was no more lose change anywhere in his room, but the next day she found another dime, this time on top of his pillow. She continues to find dimes everywhere- there were 4 more in his room, a couple in the grass next to his beach chair (Dan worshiped the sun), 5 on the bottom of the pool, it's almost everyday that she finds one. Over the last couple years, my wife has found about $10 in dimes. The other day our oldest son said he's been finding dimes too. It's strange.....but is it just coincidence? Or is Dan showing his presence?

Have you heard of this "wives tale" or witnessed a simular event?

People will chuckle and make disparaging comments - but you are experiencing something that others have as well... I am smiling about the way your family dealt with the death of a loved one. Continuing to acknowledge, and send positive prayers and thoughts to those who pass over, is a gift you give them. They ARE still aware of us, and when we shut our minds to them - there is nothing they can do. But when we keep our minds open to them - they can bring us an assurance that life goes on... in a PERSONAL way, which fosters a surety within us.... It is the negative, painful thoughts which slow down the connection - Loving, hopeful thoughts give them strength, and allow them to deliver signs and messages...

Fawzo, our oldest son said something simular when we talked about it- "If he's leaving me dimes because he knows I need the money, I wish he'd at least leave quarters."

Mark, It is a comfort, thanks.

Thanks, Bro.Mike. Although my wife and I have had a hard time dealing with our loss (I really thought that the passing of her "favorite" was going to kill her too). Our love for Dan hasn't changed, and we often find ourselves laughing when we're reminded of him. (He was a Micheal Jackson fan and would start "moon-walking" everytime he heard a MJ song.)

I think that our minds and hearts are open in a different way after losing a loved one,

and that we see what we would have missed under different circumstances

we use that great part of our brain that sits unused and can see beyond this day to day

(my deepest and most sincere condolences to you on your loss)

Fawzo, our oldest son said something simular when we talked about it- "If he's leaving me dimes because he knows I need the money, I wish he'd at least leave quarters."

Mark, It is a comfort, thanks.

Thanks, Bro.Mike. Although my wife and I have had a hard time dealing with our loss (I really thought that the passing of her "favorite" was going to kill her too). Our love for Dan hasn't changed, and we often find ourselves laughing when we're reminded of him. (He was a Micheal Jackson fan and would start "moon-walking" everytime he heard a MJ song.)

I'm happy the dimes bring you comfort. I've had so many weird things happen to me in my life that I seldom doubt the veracity of claims such as this.

Imagine waking up in bed on two different occasions in two different houses with dead honey bees all about your bed and room without even the faintest idea of where they come from. I still ponder the message in these events to this day. Maybe my flatulence smells like honey when I sleep.

When I first moved back to NY I settled next to an alpaca farm, and while exploring my new lot I found a pair of bowling balls hidden in the tall grass. Didn't really surprise me, you know those crazy alpacas, but it stood out as an unusual occurrence. Anyway, the bank pulled out of that deal and I was forced to move on early, so I left them to rest where they lay. After moving into my current home I was out exploring again and found another pair of bowling balls hidden in the leaves tucked up against the stone wall. Spirits can have a weird sense of humor. I guess I'd rather find dimes, 'cause these things are pretty heavy.

Thanks, Grateful! Danny was a special person, always out-going and witty, and made friends instantly. There were so many people at his service that it was standing room only. Even with the constant reminders of his presence, we miss him deeply.

Fawzo, that would scare the devil out of me. I wouldn't be able to sleep in the same room again.

KingFisher, that's funny! Are you an avid bowler? I've got a dozen balls in the garage gathering dust. My father bought a building that had a bowling alley on the second floor. Everything was still there- shoes, balls, pins, a couple trophies. I found balls that fit each of our kids and made 12 lamps out of the pins. He ended up selling the equipment to a Brazilian company that came in and hauled off everything but the paint off the walls. (I would have liked to get part of one of the lanes (6" thick teak) to make a butcher-block table, but they wouldn't part with any of it.)

Edited by Songster

Songster,

The comfort you find in finding these "messages in dimes" from Danny should never be discounted. We find feathers, from Kay's Crow/Black Foot step-father all the time, machinist tools and file folders wind up in some of the silliest places from my grandfather and father, Kay's "Oma" plays cards with us on a regular basis...anyone who plays Rook knows the non-relevance of the "dummy hand" when only two people play...I'll bet there's not a single person here who can say the dummy hand ever makes a trump play more than on the rare occasion. How about not just when the point hand matters, but being beaten by the dummy hand on more than several full games?????? No one will ever convince us she's not there playing with us!

Every time I make my grandmother's banana bread, there seems to be an overwhelming smell of lilac perfume, her favorite, or that (when I use to drink) a near empty bottle of Scotch - which I rarely drank - would be dry as a bone the next morning....my uncle had a thing for always taking the "Last Shot for last Call" and Scotch was his preferred "spirits"....pun intended :)

The bottom line is our passed loved ones will often find a way to leave little reminders that as you are continuously thinking of them, so they are of you.

Blessings Peace,

PS: BTW, you may want to see how many of those dimes are from the year of his birth or check a coin book to see if any rare or collectables are among the "finds"....you may very well have a surprise in store for you!!

PPS: Might I offer up this LINK, you'll find numerous similar stories there! (Top left corner of home page has a list of "Ghost Stories" and "Paranormal Activities" - click there for articles)...oh yes and...THIS Link is very good to explain what you have been experiencing

Edited by Atwater Vitki
  • Amulet locked this topic