Wanna Know Something Funny?

This might seem really out of ordinary and a few of you might be able to explain it with scientific terms. Some might even embrace a spiritual side to this.

I've noticed something really weird.. And this has been happening moreso as of late than usual.

When I'm texting my friends, whom I feel a really deep connection to.. I always pick up my phone or look at it and when I do this a text pops up. This is not me having memorized the timing of the texts. Sometimes I wait more than five or ten minutes, pick up the phone and get a text.

Also, what's kind of funny... I can smell or feel things my friend is while we're texting.

One time, I was in the waiting room of a doctor's office, texting my friend. You know, the ultra clean smell of a sanitary place? All of a sudden, I could smell dirty kitty litter. I told my friend over text about it and she said she was near a litter box.

This happens more than I'd like to admit.

I'm also starting to read people a lot better than what I'd had. It's like I'm more aware than what I used to be. I can feel when they're uneasy or upset, even if they try to hide it or deny it altogether. It makes me kind of sick to feel these things.

It's kind of fun, on the other side of the coin, because when I'm on the bus and I don't have my nose in a book or music in my ears, I watch other people and have a little adventure, trying to scope out the things they're feeling and what they are up to in this stage of life. I can do this without hearing them talk or anything.

I think it's because I'm a little more aware of what my gifts are. What they're about, how to work them, how to turn them off(which is a little harder than I thought it would be).

Congratulations. Your development is unfolding. This is good. Don't use it to invade the privacy of others. Spiritual development needs ethics -- or it becomes the dark path.

I'm with Jonathan...

watch closely for things that relate to your new senses..... exactly WHAT are you picking up and WHY? - it can be very tricky figuring that out, but well worth the insight, it will clue you in to what else to watch for....

edit: I am actually surprised that you did not relate seeing specific numbers on clocks..... like 11:11, or all 2's, or all 5's - numbers are like signposts - our minds latch on to them when things are happening in our life we need to pay attention to......

and as far as what Jonathan said - I agree thoroughly, but understand that sometimes you do not get to choose what you receive... do not be overly embarrassed or discomfited by what you pick up - there will be an underlying reason for it all... and do not make the mistake of thinking that just because you pick something up, that it has to be shared....It will be, of a majority of times, strictly for your edification....

Remain thankful and wondrous - that is the proper mindset... :)

Edited by Brother Michael Sky

Ahhh, Happy, it's so great to read such things. I have to agree wholeheartedly with the above, this does indeed mean that your Ethereal/Physical connection is becoming more tuned in, more heightened and that you are consciously aware of it is absolutely wonderful.

Being an empath definitely holds it's own set of baggage, however, I do believe you to be of strong enough character and of good ethics and morals to know when/where/how to draw the line between observing and meddling...good for you. When Kay and I first began discussing our Spiritual Gifts, she recalled that even as a young child she would see people's mouths moving to one set of words, but what she "heard" was something completely different. It can be such a gift and curse at the same time.

How you apply this gift to your daily life is important, but please, do not cut yourself off from it IF there happens to be a stumble, or unpleasant experience. In time, with more practice, you should be able to direct your own input and keep it separate from the actual "output" of whomever you happen to be reading.

And yes, what you said about being on the bus...so cool. When at anyplace public, mall, hospital, airport, bus or train station, park etc etc ...it's is indeed a blast to watch people and create your own little internal dialogue as to what they are doing/going/have been etc. The test of content, is gaining the courage to approach people with what you've picked up on and address it to them. Some people get a bit miffed, others are blown away and many are somewhere in the middle about it.

Anyway, Happy, Happy Trails and Trials! So glad to hear things keep stronger and better for ya! WTG!!

Blessings of Peace,

On a side note...the other night I was at the grocery store and a Mom and a just turned four yr old boy were in line in front of me. I had my shirt sleeves pulled up to my elbows as I was unloading my cart on the check out counter and the little boy looked up at me, then his Mom and asked her "Is that my Daddy?"

She gave me a nervous glance and said "No." to the young child but he kept staring at my tattooed arms. "But he looks like my Daddy!" the little guys whispers. Again a nervous smile in my direction. I looked at the Mom and mouthed (absolutely unknown reason to me at the time) "Dad passed?" to which her eyes got rather large as she gave an almost intelligible nod.

After getting that confirmation, I bent down and told the little guy..."No, I'm not your Dad, but you do know he's right with you all the time don't you?" "My Mom says he's in heaven so how can he be here?"....hmmm bright little guy!....but through a short conversation in the check out line and then a longer chat outside, I let the little guy know how "Dad" is with him Spiritually all the time....come to find out the man passed when Evan was only 28 months old, but Dad had sleeves of tattoos and was the child's biggest memory of the man that had been killed in Irag.

This brings up the issue of our youngest memories as well...at 28 months, he still remembered dad's tattoos and there were probably pictures of the man around the home as well The boy had turned 4 just a week before so only 20 months (1yr 8 mos) had passed since his father was killed and the boy had only been around Dad from the age of 9mos-26mos due to Marine Corps deployments. How young, yet how entrenched the memories and proves to me the value of positive parental influences in young lives.

Another point being, I've had similar "feelings" and never said a word to folks because I also have felt the "fight" over beliefs that would get stirred up.

So as we mature with our gifts, I also think that we get better in our assessment and willingness to discuss these things with strangers, IF we pay attention. I've also had a couple of times when once the mouth had been opened...oh my my do I wish I never had!!

Again, so Happy for ya Happy so continue to be Happy!!!

Blessings Be!

That's kind of funny. I never thought of using it for meddling. Even so, I probably wouldn't. There would probably be too much backlash doing something like that. lol I'm too lazy to take responsibility for it.

I've been reading this book by Rose Rosetree entitled "Empowered by Empathy: 25 Ways to Fly in the Spirit". It's a New Age Christian based book and it's really interesting..

The only things I haven't really mastered yet are meditating and turning off the empathy at will.

It's hard for me to meditate, seeing as my mind buzzes fifty to a hundred miles an hour. I'm easily distracted with a short attention span. I'm thinking if I worked on it a little bit each day that it would get easier to do. That's with everything, though, right?

I looked through Barnes & Noble's New Age section and couldn't find a single book on empathy, even with help. Later on, I looked it up on the internet and Miss Rosetree was the only person who wrote on the subject. Ordered the book through Barnes & Noble and now I have it. :3

(:

You ask for some scientific theories, so here goes;

Psychology-Synchronicityhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syncronicity

Quantum theory-Entanglement theory http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entanglement_theory

Both lead to spiritual questions,

or perhaps the spiritual questions lead to the science

Sorry, just another train of thought trying a side track

ATD ;)

That's kind of funny. I never thought of using it for meddling. Even so, I probably wouldn't. There would probably be too much backlash doing something like that. lol I'm too lazy to take responsibility for it.

I've been reading this book by Rose Rosetree entitled "Empowered by Empathy: 25 Ways to Fly in the Spirit". It's a New Age Christian based book and it's really interesting..

The only things I haven't really mastered yet are meditating and turning off the empathy at will.

It's hard for me to meditate, seeing as my mind buzzes fifty to a hundred miles an hour. I'm easily distracted with a short attention span. I'm thinking if I worked on it a little bit each day that it would get easier to do. That's with everything, though, right?

I looked through Barnes & Noble's New Age section and couldn't find a single book on empathy, even with help. Later on, I looked it up on the internet and Miss Rosetree was the only person who wrote on the subject. Ordered the book through Barnes & Noble and now I have it. :3

(:

While it is not good to meddle; it is very good to help. Have you considered training as a healer? I'm thinking therapeutic touch or reiki. You are doing well on your own. On the other hand, there is no need to reinvent the wheel.

:)

Actually, I bought a book on Beginner's Reiki that I have neglected. I've read a few chapters into it and then stuck it on my shelf. It would be good to delve into that again. I don't know if I'd have the money to go to a Master and train.. There are other methods for that, right?

(:

It happens most frequently quite unconsciously.. ( the meddling ).. it is the very rare individual who has the abilities emerging, who would CHOOSE to meddle.

But you are realizing that thoughts, feelings, emotions and such, are not contained within the body. They are broadcast for you to pick up..... think about that....

also think about this : You are describing what I consider to be natural abilities, emerging into your conscious awareness. You are becoming more sensitive, and your projections are getting "stronger" in other spheres as well.

Without the conscious awareness which ACTUAL meditation brings - you will be completely blind to what YOU are projecting towards others your feel "connected" with....

And it is not a pleasant thing to be dragged into another persons uncontrolled creations in the Astral, because the individual sees no reason to control the mind....

I'm definitely NOT trying to be a wet blanket, but there is a way of progressing down the path you are questioning, and there are a million ways to stall and make no progress.... no matter WHAT abilities a soul finds emerging, they will only come to their true potential by acknowledging that some of this is a bodily process, and there is work to do from that perspective.... the vessel must be spotless for the messages to have that character as well...

Like I said, I do not mean to be a wet blanket - or discourage you - but in some matters, I would rather have the info ( irregardless of where it comes from ), than make the inevitable mistakes of ignorance....

My intentions are for your best good, and you may take what fits and ditch the rest, as usual - simply my opinion.....

In short form : concentrate on the meditation ( just not so hard ), and you have my personal guarantee that the rest will start to make sense...

This may help : It is a subtle moment, but right before you drop off to sleep, there is a moment when your body is asleep, but your mind is still awake - right before you drift off..... where occasionally you will think a quick parting thought before you drift off..... have you ever noticed this moment?

It IS the proper stage of meditation... you do it naturally every night.

The problem is you are STOPPING it from happening, when you try, by conscious control..... you are focusing on the connection.... so it remains....

Try instead this : the natural "feeling" of falling into this stage involves a subtle weight sensation - and a falling inward... some folks hear sounds as they slip deeper ( loud bangs - or whooshing, or some such.... ) - but remember it is a NATURAL process, you must stay very relaxed... and the process is the very same as falling asleep - except you are aware that that moment is approaching, and you are determined to "stay" and remain aware in the body... from there there are countless ways to proceed - all up to you..... it is the state of being "disconnected" from the physical body which brings the change of perspective....

( sorry that was so long - but I really thought it needed to be written here with your questions... :) )

There is a very good book by Dolores Krieger, cofounder of Therapeutic Touch which is very good. I can't think of the title. I learned the basics of therapeutic touch by following the exercises in the book. Therapeutic Touch derives from the tradition of Theosophy. If you can locate a chapter of the Theosophical Society, you will find the instruction reasonably priced. Reiki is also an excellent system of spiritual healing. For that, you will definetly need a teacher. Some teachers are great. Others, not so much. The price of instruction varies greatly.

:)

Edited by Jonathan H. B. Lobl

It happens most frequently quite unconsciously.. ( the meddling ).. it is the very rare individual who has the abilities emerging, who would CHOOSE to meddle.

But you are realizing that thoughts, feelings, emotions and such, are not contained within the body. They are broadcast for you to pick up..... think about that....

also think about this : You are describing what I consider to be natural abilities, emerging into your conscious awareness. You are becoming more sensitive, and your projections are getting "stronger" in other spheres as well.

Without the conscious awareness which ACTUAL meditation brings - you will be completely blind to what YOU are projecting towards others your feel "connected" with....

And it is not a pleasant thing to be dragged into another persons uncontrolled creations in the Astral, because the individual sees no reason to control the mind....

I'm definitely NOT trying to be a wet blanket, but there is a way of progressing down the path you are questioning, and there are a million ways to stall and make no progress.... no matter WHAT abilities a soul finds emerging, they will only come to their true potential by acknowledging that some of this is a bodily process, and there is work to do from that perspective.... the vessel must be spotless for the messages to have that character as well...

Like I said, I do not mean to be a wet blanket - or discourage you - but in some matters, I would rather have the info ( irregardless of where it comes from ), than make the inevitable mistakes of ignorance....

My intentions are for your best good, and you may take what fits and ditch the rest, as usual - simply my opinion.....

In short form : concentrate on the meditation ( just not so hard ), and you have my personal guarantee that the rest will start to make sense...

This may help : It is a subtle moment, but right before you drop off to sleep, there is a moment when your body is asleep, but your mind is still awake - right before you drift off..... where occasionally you will think a quick parting thought before you drift off..... have you ever noticed this moment?

It IS the proper stage of meditation... you do it naturally every night.

The problem is you are STOPPING it from happening, when you try, by conscious control..... you are focusing on the connection.... so it remains....

Try instead this : the natural "feeling" of falling into this stage involves a subtle weight sensation - and a falling inward... some folks hear sounds as they slip deeper ( loud bangs - or whooshing, or some such.... ) - but remember it is a NATURAL process, you must stay very relaxed... and the process is the very same as falling asleep - except you are aware that that moment is approaching, and you are determined to "stay" and remain aware in the body... from there there are countless ways to proceed - all up to you..... it is the state of being "disconnected" from the physical body which brings the change of perspective....

( sorry that was so long - but I really thought it needed to be written here with your questions... :) )

edit: that's why it's called FALLING asleep....

There is a very good book by Dolores Krieger, cofounder of Therapeutic Touch which is very good. I can't think of the title. I learned the basics of therapeutic touch by following the exercises in the book.

Therapeutic Touch derives from the tradition of Theosophy. If you can locate a chapter of the Theosopical Society, you will find the instruction reasonably priced.

Reiki is also an excellent system of spiritual healing. For that, you will definetly need a teacher. Some teachers are great. Others, not so much. The price of instruction varies greatly.

The Barbara Brennan school has good teachings.... ( The Hands of Light book ) More than your average .....

Edited by Brother Michael Sky

A couple links mentioned above by others

Theosophy Society

http://www.theosociety.org/

Hands of Light = online, free to read Kobo has numerous books in this category and most are free to read. You only have to register (sign in) and down load adobe reader...if you don't already have that, but you more than likely do!

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Hands-Light-Guide-Healing-Through/book-Nau-V9VZWEiLEJ59ducJ_A/page1.html

kobo.com

http://www.kobobooks.com/

and I'm pretty sure I've sent you this one before "Sacred Texts" nearly all the old and pre-modern writings from all cultures and beliefs

http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/index.htm

These should keep ya busy on a rainy afternoon or several many.... :)

Blessings of Peace,

Al

I've got a good 10 years of reading lined up to do now.

That's about right, I've known about those sites for around 5 years and maybe, maaaaybe have gotten to at least read the jacket/dust covers of about 1/2 of the books available! Especially "Sacred" ...if it's in the religious/spiritual category, I'm fairly certain they have it.

The only things I've found "bad", IF I could call it that about kobo, is if it's a new release, there's frequently a fee for reading. Only fair though to give the author his/her chance at getting paid for their services.

I tell ya, it's been wonderful having a library of so many good reads at the click of a mouse, both of those site should get a kudos and well done for their services to humanity! thumbsup%281%29.gif

Blessings of Peace,

...25 years ago I could of made a fortune as a "bar bet"....Bet ya $20 I can put an entire library on my desk, with one hand in my pocket and my other hand on a mouse! :unsure:

Edited by Atwater Vitki

• Amulet locked this topic