Veterans Day

No speeches or sermons for me this year. Just damn proud to have served. To all who were, and are, and will be...I salute you. Peace.

No speeches or sermons for me this year. Just damn proud to have served. To all who were, and are, and will be...I salute you. Peace.

We are proud of you and all who have served.

• Administrator

I attended my first veterans day celebration put on by our local JR High school. It was a surprise, shock, and joy to see things like:

The Pledge of Allegiance

God Bless America

God Bless the USA

And the kids recreating things like the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima, etc. The vets standing as their respective flags were paraded before the crowd (of over 500 vets and 1299 students) while the branch song was played. It is amazing how old people singing can both be funny and so serious at the same time.

All I can say is it was .... moving.

• Administrator

I attended my first veterans day celebration put on by our local JR High school. It was a surprise, shock, and joy to see things like:

The Pledge of Allegiance

God Bless America

God Bless the USA

And the kids recreating things like the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima, etc. The vets standing as their respective flags were paraded before the crowd (of over 500 vets and 1299 students) while the branch song was played. It is amazing how old people singing can both be funny and so serious at the same time.

All I can say is it was .... moving.

sounds absolutely amazing. I wish i wouldn't have had to work so I could have partaken in some of the activities going on this year.

• Administrator

sounds absolutely amazing. I wish i wouldn't have had to work so I could have partaken in some of the activities going on this year.

It was. I remember thinking "I wish I had brought my camera." The a couple of days later.."Damn, I have a camera in my cell phone." It's tough to get old.

• 5 months later...
  • Amulet locked this topic