Okay...so...quitting Smokin.

murphzlaw1

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:drag: See? Smoking doesn't look so cool.

:big_boss: And see how grumpy this smoker looks?

Soon you'll have more energy to play with your kids. :bicycle:

Your clothes will smell cleaner. :diepig: (yeah... couldn't resist. :derisive: )

You'll definitely save money. :TwoCents: No, really save. :pp:

You can do this. :yes: We think you're super. :superman:

:grin:

Core to quitting smoking is you have to want to. It's not something one can be pressured into by their physician or peers - it doesn't work. You simply have to want to. If you are indeed wanting to quit (no reservations), you will. Nothing is stronger than will power, and you've got that Murph. I think you could run for President - and not get the shellacking Obama did. You will inspire those here looking to quit, by your determination and perseverance.

actually, the more I focus on it, the more I'm gaining the confidence to do it. baby steps, of course, but, I think it's actually working.

last night at work, I had fewer breaks, and my "lunch" break was mostly me walking, with one cigarette, instead of 2-3.

I think the patches are going to help. and I'm actually starting to think that I might actually be able to do this...

One of the keys is to fill the void. In addition to whatever else you are doing, fill the void. Adopt a physical workout routine, for example. That not only compliments your endeavors, but it replaces one habitual routine for another. It is 1+1= 3. Trust me!! Keep doing what you are doing, but replace the addiction. Get it?

One of the keys is to fill the void. In addition to whatever else you are doing, fill the void. Adopt a physical workout routine, for example. That not only compliments your endeavors, but it replaces one habitual routine for another. It is 1+1= 3. Trust me!! Keep doing what you are doing, but replace the addiction. Get it?

But keep Charlie Sheen in mind...... :jest::devil:

• Administrator

that's what I said. Instead of smoking, I'm takin power walks around the parking lot/building.

:)

• Administrator

So I finally got the patches in the email today. As mentioned, I've been slowly cutting down this week.

I'm supposed to have a final "quit date" of Oct 13, but...I'm ready to try now.

Saturday morning, I'm going to have my car washed, inside and out. Those who have quit know where I'm goin with this. I probably smoke the most in the car. Drivin to/from work, trips to the store, etc. So, I'm gonna wash the car, make it all pretty, and get non-smoking stickers. And cherry scent :)

And when I wake up Sat to come to work, smack a patch on, and...off I go.

Expect multiple banishments over the next week as my attitude goes downhill and people tick me off! :ban::rofl:

Also, have been walkin around the parking lot at work every night. Friends on facebook have been able to see my progress thru my android app (NOT an iphone, dammit!) that posts how far I've walked, how fast, calories burned, etc.

Haven't had any soda for over a week now. Have been doin sports drinks (gatorade, powerade, etc.)

And that's pretty much where I'm at.

• Administrator

Who is your ISP that your email delivers physical products? Did it teleport in like star trek?

I'm not allowed to answer that due to security protocols. You know how it is.

That's one for Murph Facts:

Murph is so powerful, he even has an app to make packages arrive through email. :wizard:

that's the awesomeness that is me.

Chuck Norris will be coming for a showdown...... better chill, Murph.....

ain't scared. Chuck Norris is a wuss.

lol.. pulling for you Murph and you better patent that teleportation device quick...

Give me time and I'll think of a really witty name for it. :)

Hi murph:) I want to say congratulations ! quitting smoking is an amazing venture , I too have battled with it and am quitting for the same reasons , I found that exercising helps tremendously because I have huge amounts of energy and am too tired to smoke :) and that I can play with my kids without being out of breath :) and I am praying and hoping you succeed ! the patches are a good tool too as long as you follow all the steps:) good wishes hun !