Obtaining Grants To Begin One's Own Ministry?

Rev.Morse

Now that I am ordained, I wish to begin my ministry; however, I also have next to no money to start off effectively. I hear that there's grants and other assistance for those of us who choose to begin building a ministry. I'm not sure about several things actually:

Are there grants available for clergy in the State of Florida?

Does one have to proclaim the title of their church being Universal Life Church <insert location branch here> or does the minister have to pick a unique individual name for his/her church?

I've already begun looking into federal grants via http://grants.gov however, without being able to properly answer the question just above I cannot register to begin the process.

Does anybody have any helpful hints for me in this process beyond what leads I have via rumor mill?

Sincerely,

Rev. Morse

Now that I am ordained, I wish to begin my ministry; however, I also have next to no money to start off effectively.

I hear that there's grants and other assistance for those of us who choose to begin building a ministry. I'm not sure about several things actually:

Are there grants available for clergy in the State of Florida?

Does one have to proclaim the title of their church being Universal Life Church <insert location branch here> or does the minister have to pick a unique individual name for his/her church?

I've already begun looking into federal grants via http://grants.gov however, without being able to properly answer the question just above I cannot register to begin the process.

I seriously doubt the federal government would pay money to help religious institutions.

while most people use"universal life church"in their title,it is not an absolute.if your going to register your church with hq,that might be a good idea tho.

as to grants and the like,i have to agree with hyper.i do not think the federal government is going to violate the 1st admendment and offer grants for this purpose to anyone.there might be some available even in florida,thru a private organization.however,i suggest you get a plan together,and work on donations on your own.

Well thank you for the advise both of you. I was not sure. ALTHOUGH according to certain web research Former President Bush had begun federal funding for faith based organizations. None-the-less, It'd likely be a huge issue to go on one's own to get said grants. As far as generating donation...I'm not sure how to legally go about that without a bunch of issues. Any ideas?

How much money do you think you need, and to accomplish what?

Do you have sermons ready?

Do you have a website where people can read your views and ways of your ministry.

Do you like to speak at churches or gatherings or are you preaching 'in the hood'?

Do you go to the needy and sick?

What kind of ministry do you want/have?

Make a plan for what you want to do.

Well thank you for the advise both of you. I was not sure. ALTHOUGH according to certain web research Former President Bush had begun federal funding for faith based organizations.
The funding is specifically for social welfare projects like food banks and drug abuse assistance programs. But, yes, there are a lot of hoops to jump through and a lot of competition. YOu would probably have better luck doing grassroots fundraising in your community.

Fair advise on all counts. Thank you for the continued advise. I really am taking all of this into account and forming my plans accordingly. I am truly thankful for all the advise given to me. I have a rough idea already of what the message is I wish to get across to the people of all denominations of faith, people various spiritual paths, and everyday people in general. My sermons are already in heart and being processed through notes and careful research. I will use these tips in conjunction with my general knowledge and research will help me along the way. Thank you all once more.

Sincerely,

Rev. Morse

I can suggest (not as strong as recommend) a company called start church.. or the like.. They are specifically aimed at christian churches.. but the basic info would be useful anyway. They do cost something, but provide basic info tailored to your state, on articles of incorporation, boards, etc. (Assuming you plan to organize as a non profit..). I bought some of their products for my state, and they were fair to good.

Edited by kokigami

Fair advise on all counts. Thank you for the continued advise. I really am taking all of this into account and forming my plans accordingly. I am truly thankful for all the advise given to me. I have a rough idea already of what the message is I wish to get across to the people of all denominations of faith, people various spiritual paths, and everyday people in general. My sermons are already in heart and being processed through notes and careful research. I will use these tips in conjunction with my general knowledge and research will help me along the way. Thank you all once more.

Sincerely,

Rev. Morse

and the denomination is Universal Life..... name your church as you would like..... :thumbu: