Sri Krishna Janmashtami

"Whenever dharma declines and the purpose of life is forgotten, I manifest myself on earth. I am born in every age to protect the good, to destroy evil, and to re-establish dharma" (Sri Bhagavan Krishna in the Srimad Bhagavad Gita 4:7-8).

Today and tomorrow the Hindu world celebrates the Sri Krishna Janmashtamai. I celebrated today in the intimacy of my shrine the manifestation of God as Sri Bhagavan Krishna. The Hindu worlds fills itself with joy in the celebration of the birth of Sri Krishna in the same way that the Christian world celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ during the Christmas season.

I like to celebrate the Janmashtami in the silence of meditation. The true Avatar of God is found within our hearts, for each and everyone of us is an Avatar of the Divine. Lord Krishna says, "I am the true Self in the heart of every creature" (Guita 10:20). So the celebration of the birth of Sri Krishna is something more than just conmemorating something that happened in the distant path, it is the reminder that we have to awaken that Divine Spark in our hearts so that dharma (virtue) never abandons our world.

Sri Krishna is born every day in every newborn child, but soon we condition the child to follow the path of Ego, the path of "I", "me", and "mine". It is then important to re-awaken that Divine Spark in our lives. That is what true religion is all about.

I pray that today, tomorrow, and every day, the spirit of Joy that was and is in Sri Bhagavan Krishna will manifest iin the life of my sisters, brothers, and friends in the ULC,

Hermano Luis

Moriviví Hermitage

• Amulet locked this topic