Witch Crafts?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well, i can't figure out how to load my pics from the computer, so if you want to see the crafts I made, you will have to go to my page at Witchschool.com: http://www.witchschool.com/profile/TommyJohns

Is that serated blade on the left of your altar for when sarifices are too large for the altar and you need to trim off an apendage or two :)

Is that serated blade on the left of your altar for when sarifices are too large for the altar and you need to trim off an apendage or two :)

bloody inconvenient for them not to stay scrunched up so I don't have to do all that extra work!!!...actually it is for making altar and/opr ceremonial tools. It cannot be used to draw blood or anything that would be spiritually or ritually impure.

Edited by Windwalker

bloody inconvenient for them not to stay scrunched up so I don't have to do all that extra work!!!...actually it is for making altar and/opr ceremonial tools. It cannot be used to draw blood or anything that would be spiritually or ritually impure.

Could you envision a modern Wiccan having a Dremel on their altar or would that be too modernistic.

DSCF8071.jpg

My clay Isis. It's still wet here so that's why its still in a plastic cup in the pic. After it dried it just slips right out of the cup.

DSCF8081.jpg

My Cernunnos. He didn't stick well to the cup I made for him. So its just his head and torso that survived.

DSCF8078.jpg

Wand, my DD ended up with this. She has it on her little mini altar.

DSCF76222.jpg

Prayer Shawl. This took me about 3 months to crochet, but it was worth it. :)

DSCF76202.jpg

DSCF74822.jpg

A little pentacle tree ornament.

I like all four of your clay figurines. I've been playing with the idea of making some representing my favorite Greek gods/goddesses.

Did you use a clay that was air-dried or did it have to go in a kiln? Available at the craft stores?

Nice job on all of it! I "witch" I was crafty! :wizard:

I don't know how I missed this :) nice work!

love clay, I'll try to find photos of my dog sculptures. I'm also interested to hear how people like the air dry clay. I've only used regular clay and kiln but was going to give it a whirl to make a little sign for my business..

post-12600-0-42063800-1373399660_thumb.j

This is my personal set of Futhark runes, crafted from yew wood, carved by sax (pointed carving tool) and stained the traditional way with, yes, me own Lifeforce (blood) and also colored for brightness and then sealed. I made these in 2000 after returning from Sweden and finishing my studies at Gambla Uppsala.

I had two sets prior to this, one made from a hickory branch and the other made from Birch twigs (long staves) which is known to be the Old Ways manner of making staves for casting....kind of like "Pick-Up-Sticks".

I've enjoyed seeing everyone else's goodies!

Don't know how I missed it either, but seeing the orig date...no wonder! Thanks for reviving it Windwalker!

Blessings of Peace,

I still can't figure out how to download my pics here...can someone help? for Fawzo: The altar and tools are steeped in tradition and serve the purpose of drawing energy (psychic and spiritual, not electric...) to the ceremonies and rituals. I am Celtic, and am also an initiate in Correllian Wicca. I clicked on image, and suppose I have to have a URL from the pics on my computer????

I like all four of your clay figurines. I've been playing with the idea of making some representing my favorite Greek gods/goddesses.

Did you use a clay that was air-dried or did it have to go in a kiln? Available at the craft stores?

Nice job on all of it! I "witch" I was crafty! :wizard:

It is air dry clay and can be bought in the craft section of Wal-mart or other craft stores.

I don't know how I missed this :) nice work!

love clay, I'll try to find photos of my dog sculptures. I'm also interested to hear how people like the air dry clay. I've only used regular clay and kiln but was going to give it a whirl to make a little sign for my business..

I use air dry clay because its cheap, but I do have problems with cracking. I use a clear polyurathane gloss to avoid the cracks. It seems to work if I get it on before the cracking starts. But I'm hesitant to clear coat it while the clay is wet.

Very nice. :)

I still can't figure out how to download my pics here...can someone help? for Fawzo: The altar and tools are steeped in tradition and serve the purpose of drawing energy (psychic and spiritual, not electric...) to the ceremonies and rituals. I am Celtic, and am also an initiate in Correllian Wicca. I clicked on image, and suppose I have to have a URL from the pics on my computer????

You can either upload the pictures using the attach file feature. (Note you must be on full reply option, not quick reply.)

Or you can use a hosting site like Photobucket. Upload the pictures there than post the URL code they generate to share it here.

Edited by SalemWitchChild

swc, is there a brand of air dry that you recommend? and can you wet it down in process to keep it from cracking while you work or does it crack in the drying process?

the runes are grand!

The only brand I've ever used is just plain ol Crayola air dry clay. While I'm working I keep it wet so I have more time to form whatever I'm working on. When it is drying you can wet it a bit if it cracks to seal over the crack. But it may crack again.

Once I have it formed I let the clay dry for about 2 hrs. Then I use a clear polyurathane gloss to seal it. This prevents the cracking.

someone recommended one from a craft store - like michael's , I'll figure out who that was ;) there is also a clay that you can fire in a regular oven, ditto on that. I've been tempted to set them out in the good ole sunshine and see what happens.