Crafts By Thorn

Nice I see you keep yourself busy, do you sell them to make a few bucks.

A question on the pendulum (which looks cool) , wouldn't the feather even though it is ever so light make it tend to sway a tiny bit one way more than another?

No as that is not how they "work." I've been playing around with pendulums since I was a kid. I will make no specific claims of fact about them except that they do seem to work. It could however just be subconscious muscle movements that make it work. If you take a pendulum and hold it over a males hand or body it tends to swing one way. If you then put it over a female hand or body it will swing another way. There used to be a custom of holding one over a pregnant woman to see what sex the child will be. You are supposed to after having acquired one sit there and think "what is yes" and "what is No." It will swing in certain ways depending. You can then ask questions and observe the way it swings as either being yes or no. The feather really does not affect this at all. That one worked fairly nice. Honestly it's just something I've done on and off since I was a child and had read about it. Its fun and an interesting thing to fiddle with. I have had some quite accurate results with it. I once asked jokingly if my current girlfriend had cheated on me. It had swung a yes for me and continued to do so during multiple tries. I of course did not take that as anything but strange. It did turn out she had.

I don't generally sell what I've made for myself over the years. I have given away some things.

Edited by Brother Thorn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

no pictures yet but i just came in from crafting (lol) a new front deck on our house.

the old was was just about rotted away. i have been off all week on vacation so i decided to do something construtive for a change

Does it have a swing on it yet?

• 6 months later...

Nice I see you keep yourself busy, do you sell them to make a few bucks.

A question on the pendulum (which looks cool) , wouldn't the feather even though it is ever so light make it tend to sway a tiny bit one way more than another?

I think, Brother Thorn, that both Fawzo and I drew the same (wrong) conclusion. After learning that you "made a clock", when we next learned that you created a (very intriguing) "pendulum"..... we both mistakenly concluded that this pendulum was "part of a clock". Feathers on "clock pendulum" would pose an accuracy problem... theoretically. But now I (we?) understand that this particular "pendulum" has more in common with a Ouija Board or a Divining Rod than it has with with a clock!

Edited by Hexalpa