Instruments......do You Own Or Play Any?

Cornelius

Fingers aint as nimble. I do strum it occasionally, but it is loud. Nice thing though...its hard to play a sad song on a banjo!

Click on the back image, there is a nice carved American Eagle.

Now that is beautiful! I'll play the whiskey jug if Brother Devon will lay down some washboard. You wouldn't want to catch me singing bluegrass. Maybe a yip and a holler(lujah) here and there. And no, not because of Father Corey's organ. Is that Italian? ;)

Any drummers around? I'll beat a rhythm on just about anything (just about) but I'm sure no Bonham.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, no photos!

it's a hammond organ I got at a pawnshop. I like thier sound.

I asked my gf to come over and play it and she hung up on me.

at least she didn't get mad like when I wanted to show her my hairless rex cat last time.

I took pics but it appears I can no longer simply upload them from my computer, ah well, lets just say I have lots of instruments, as in multiple, plural, you get the idea.... and why is this forum hidden from the general public now?

What do you mean by upload them?

What do you mean by hidden to the public?

What do you mean by upload them?

What do you mean by hidden to the public?

upload as in upload from my puter to the forum, without the need for a middle man, such as photobucket.

hidden, as in one must be signed in as a member of the forum to view this forum...

now, I have tried to set up a photobucket account, lets see if this works..1968 thomas transistor sitting in my girlfriends basement (she wants it out asap).

201108181120000.jpg

ok, one at a time it seems, well I'll keep this short....here are some of my guitars...from the left 60's stylr strat replica, "Cortez", the japanese made jumbo western, the Ovation Celebrity (heavy slab rock guitar), and the old guild Madeira - that guitar has been in every state in the country with me, excepting Arizona and Alaska...

201108211334000.jpg

ye old late '68 Bud Ross era Kustom amp (obviously has been reupholstered) with a Radio Shack PA Cabinet

201108212035000.jpg

and finally for tonight, a glimpse of "world headquarters", this is my mixing studio room, thats a yamaha keyboard with an old Dell computer that I revamped for the sole purpose of recording, ( to the bottom right is my 'Doctor of Universal Life" degree)

201108211302000.jpg

missing is the Dulcimer, the harmonica, the old "Roadstar" and whatever else is missing,but this has kept me occupied long enough for tonight, well at least I figured out photobucket, so I guess it was worth the time..Peace.

I have a folk guitar (nylon strings) a Dreadnaught guitar,(Martin D28, a big one) a 5string banjo, a 4 string banjo, a banjolele a baritone ukelele, a plastic uke I bought on Ebay for $1.50, an upright acoustic piano and a couple of other little things like a mandolin and a couple of harmonicas. I had pictures stored in a phone that my (now) ex shoved down the garbage disposal. Need to take some more.

Thought about getting some kind of group started, then I laid motorcycle down and broke some legs and fingers. Learning to walk and use fingers all over again.

and just a final thought before I leave you guys alone for a few days, as I have to go out on the road...

I find it kinda silly that I own a guitar, that was found in a dumpster by a homeless couple as they were rumaging for scrap metal, and they thought enough of me to bring me this guitar, it was like 'hey, we found this in the trash and thought of you" and I was like "gee thanks"... and it took about six months to get the smell out...some new strings and a little TLC and now its my main "axe"....Cortez, the Japanese made Western American guitar with a Spanish Name? Go figure...ain't life grand?

85 year old Sonola by Rivoli full sized Red marbled accordian; I have played this instrument for 50 of its 85 years, several (7) harmonicas, 2 Native American ceremonial drums, 1 Native American flute similar to the one Kingfisher has, but plain for ceremony. Yep! When I was a kid playing the accordian I was the laughing stock of my neighborhood. It made me stronger and I still play it occasionally....God's Peace......To`na Wanagi

• 7 months later...

My God blessed me with the ability to play music on every instrument I've ever picked up. I started on the piano (5 years of classical instruction), then started playing the guitar, bass, drums, harmonica, tenor sax, banjo, mandolin, and Jews harp (all self taught). I think that every kid should be given an instrument before the age of 6, given professional instruction, and encouraged to practice and master the techniques necessary to play proficiently. Music is such a big part of my life, that ALL gifts that I give to my kids and grandkids are either instruments or sheet music.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Amulet locked and unpinned this topic