Du Hast - Rammstein

BpCorey

Rammstein was amazing live.

This is actually a play on words. I'm not sure why they went with hate in the english version. Du Hast means you have. Du hasst (du haßt) means you hate but they are pronounced the same.

Edited by Brother Thorn

Rammstein was amazing live.

This is actually a play on words. I'm not sure why they went with hate in the english version. Du Hast means you have. Du hasst (du haßt) means you hate but they are pronounced the same.

It's actually MULTIPLE plays on words....

Tod der Scheide - check out the difference between this and an alternate punctuation.......... ( Tod, der scheide )

The whole song is a play on German wedding vows....

But I have to say - This song is one of those dark anthems for folks who don't get the words.... (It is humorous to me to watch folks banging their head to the song, with zero understanding of the words... :) )

Edited by Brother Michael Sky

But I have to say - This song is one of those dark anthems for folks who don't get the words.... (It is humorous to me to watch folks banging their head to the song, with zero understanding of the words... smile.png )

:lol:

I agree. When I was around 15 or so I sat down with my Nanny and had her translate the words for me. Ever since then I've been amused by the same thing.

I was in Netherlands and down to Stuttgart Germany for a job interview last year. I remember Rammstein got a lot of radio play.

Visited a lady I know in Eindhoven Netherlands. Like most Dutch, her only transportation besides public, is her bicycle. Like most Dutch, she just leans it against the front of her house. I told her if she did that in USA the bike would be gone before she got into her house. Outside of Amsterdam, the crime rate there is close to Zero.

Meh, not impressed...If I opened up a stand and called it "Raven's Hamburger Stand" and then sat around and laughed my butt off at all the fools who showed up trying to buy a hamburger, when anybody who was anybody should know that I really sell used spark plugs, i would say that my life had reached an all time low... but thats just me... whatever floats your boat...

how do you explain the video?