Song Stuck In Head

Don't you hate it when a song gets stuck in your head?

There was a commercial for 50's tunes on TV the other day and Frankie Valli's "hit" "Walk like a Man" was one of the featured songs...I heard only about 30 seconds of it and now it won't LEAVE!!!

What's worse is it is not Frankie's lyrics that are stuck:

Oh how you tried to cut me down to size

Telling dirty lies to my friends

But my own father said give her up don't bother

The world isn't coming to an end

(he said just) Walk like a man

Talk like a man

Walk like a man my son

No woman's worth

Crawling on the earth

Just walk like a man my son

Good-bye baby I dont mean maybe

I'm gonna get along somehow

Soon you'll be cryin on account of all your lyin

Oh yeah just look who's laughing now

(I'm gonna) walk like a man

Fast as I can

Walk like a man from you

I'll tell the world to forget about it girl

And walk like a man from you ©1959 Frankie Valli

...rather the perverted one's we came up with in high school...(to which I still think is why they called it "High" School!)...

Walk like a man,

While singin' like a girl,

Sing like a girl

While walkin' like a ma-a-a-n

(Oh won't you come out tonight come out tonight) - yes borrowed from another song

While walking like a dude,

An' singin' like a girl,

Sing like a girl,

While talkin' like a ma-a-a-n

No dude can sing,

while walkin' like a girl

So we'll just have to...1...2...3..4

Walk like a MAN,

Screech like a girl

While walkin' like a man my friend...

An' singin' like a girl,

We'll sing like a girl,

and over ....and over....and over....

and now, if it gets stuck in your head at least I won't be in 100%, sheer misery all alone!!! :rofl:

Blessings of....GET IT OUTTA ME-E-e-e-e-e-e :fear: head !!!!

Don't you hate it when a song gets stuck in your head?

There was a commercial for 50's tunes on TV the other day and Frankie Valli's "hit" "Walk like a Man" was one of the featured songs...I heard only about 30 seconds of it and now it won't LEAVE!!!

What's worse is it is not Frankie's lyrics that are stuck:

Oh how you tried to cut me down to size

Telling dirty lies to my friends

But my own father said give her up don't bother

The world isn't coming to an end

(he said just) Walk like a man

Talk like a man

Walk like a man my son

No woman's worth

Crawling on the earth

Just walk like a man my son

Good-bye baby I dont mean maybe

I'm gonna get along somehow

Soon you'll be cryin on account of all your lyin

Oh yeah just look who's laughing now

(I'm gonna) walk like a man

Fast as I can

Walk like a man from you

I'll tell the world to forget about it girl

And walk like a man from you ©1959 Frankie Valli

...rather the perverted one's we came up with in high school...(to which I still think is why they called it "High" School!)...

Walk like a man,

Sing like a girl

(Oh won't you come out tonight come out tonight) - yes borrowed from another song

An' singin' like a girl,

Sing like a girl,

While talkin' like a ma-a-a-n

No dude can sing,

while walkin' like a girl

So we'll just have to...1...2...3..4

Walk like a MAN,

Screech like a girl

While walkin' like a man my friend...

An' singin' like a girl,

We'll sing like a girl,

and over ....and over....and over....

and now, if it gets stuck in your head at least I won't be in 100%, sheer misery all alone!!! :rofl:

Blessings of....GET IT OUTTA ME-E-e-e-e-e-e :fear: head !!!!

It almost sounds like the one Devine sang in the 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztSY-T81vqw

I looked at something that kind of neutralizes the rhythmic patterns of "Walk Like a Man" (a little like harmonious stones in a Zen garden) and I came up with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxd1t6d9B9g&feature=related

Play this some twenty times, while vocalizing 'walk like a man' rhythmically, and the 'ta ta ta ta" from Frankie should be history :)

No guarantees that this piece will not stick instead.... (at least there are no words) :)

Edited by hyperreal

I looked at something that kind of neutralizes the rhythmic patterns of "Walk Like a Man" (a little like harmonious stones in a Zen garden) and I came up with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxd1t6d9B9g&feature=related

Play this some twenty times, while vocalizing 'walk like a man' rhythmically, and the 'ta ta ta ta" from Frankie should be history :)

No guarantees that this piece will not stick instead.... (at least there are no words) :)

you surprised me, I didn't see you see as one who listens to much music, but that piece was very nice (as long as I don't think about Frankie, that just ruins it).

Stand Down just won't get out of my head...I would so not fit in with those guys, then again I'd like to see them walk the streets of Baltimore dressed like that...Indie and Btown are two different worlds for sure.

Well I certainly thank everyone for their diligent work at finding a remedy for my dilemma...I thought it would ring a bell as I don't know anyone who hasn't had this particular problem and it always seems to be with the most ridiculous songs. Spent almost a week with Janis' "Mercedes Benz" about a month ago, which wasn't so bad as that's one song I actually know all the formal lyrics.

Anyway, would like to report that I awoke this morning with full on DT's from one of my meds and that seemed to do the trick as nothing but a whining buzz was to be heard as well as contracted leg muscles and stomach cramps sent from Helja herself...so I guess there are many ways for which to cleanse the mind of unwanted evil Spirits! Looks like a day spent entirely in wheel chair for sure.

Again, I thank each of you for your advice and hope this will not occur again, until the next time, and I will keep your recommendations a click away!

Blessings of Peace,

Well I certainly thank everyone for their diligent work at finding a remedy for my dilemma...I thought it would ring a bell as I don't know anyone who hasn't had this particular problem and it always seems to be with the most ridiculous songs. Spent almost a week with Janis' "Mercedes Benz" about a month ago, which wasn't so bad as that's one song I actually know all the formal lyrics.

Anyway, would like to report that I awoke this morning with full on DT's from one of my meds and that seemed to do the trick as nothing but a whining buzz was to be heard as well as contracted leg muscles and stomach cramps sent from Helja herself...so I guess there are many ways for which to cleanse the mind of unwanted evil Spirits! Looks like a day spent entirely in wheel chair for sure.

Again, I thank each of you for your advice and hope this will not occur again, until the next time, and I will keep your recommendations a click away!

Blessings of Peace,

Rev Al, I feel what you are going through.

I hope that you find a path away from such problems....